Nissan Titan - Hard Start w/ Warm Engine

743 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by RCR06
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any other Titan owners here experience hard starts when the engine is warm?

For example, my truck starts up just fine when it's been sitting for a few hours or overnight. However, if I take it up the street for gas, or run into the store or something, when I get back to the truck to start it up again, it barely starts, cranks hard, and I'll get all sorts of warnings on the dash about System Failure and stuff. Truck will run just fine once it's started with no issue, but some sensors will not be working (like parking sensors, lane departure, front camera, etc).

Before I took it to the dealer today, I stopped and had it checked if any codes were popping up. Zero, nada, and this was after a hard start where the dash was lit up and cycling through all sorts of warning (including driver attention alerts, like I needed a rest break lol).
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sounds like your battery is going bad.
Ag03 CQE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you haven't already, disconnect the gray "smart alternator" connector from the negative battery terminal. That damn thing causes all kinds of electrical issues and kills batteries prematurely and all it does is prevent your alternator from charging the battery until it starts getting low to gain a fraction of an mpg.
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was a bad cell in the battery, replaced under warranty.

Didn't think that was a bad battery symptom.
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When the Titan starts doing weird electrical stuff, it's the first place to look. Second place is the starter.
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Appreciate it. Learned from experience?
maverick2076
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had 2 Titans. Literally the only things I ever replaced on them over about 350k miles was one starter on each and a few batteries.
RCR06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had something similar happen in a chevrolet silverado I had years ago. Driving down the road and every sensor on the dash lights up. Then goes away. That truck showed voltage as one of the gauges, but I rarely ever looked at it. This day the voltage needle was going all over the place so it caught my eye. Almost an immediate feeling of relief. OK, the truck isn't cratering. I need a battery and/or alternator. I can handle that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.