I told you so...

2,553 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by AggieDruggist89
Big Shoulders
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When I traded in my 2017 Alfa Quadrifgoglio for a new 2024 version, several wise individuals on this board cautioned me about Stellantis and their lack of reliability.

Well, you were right.

I picked up my new Giulia in February. In has been in the shop (90 miles away) three times for the same problem, plus an initial trip for diagnosis. These trips account for about 25% of the miles on the car.

The dealer has also had the car in their shop for about a month in total, or 20% of the time since delivery.

I believe I am squarely within the realm of the Florida lemon law, though I am definitely not an expert on that subject. To execute on the lemon law, my next step would be a certified/registered letter to Stellantis followed by allowing them one last attempt to correct the problem, before demanding a refund or replacement.

The problem, by the way is an intermittent "check engine" light, plus two occasions of no electronic throttle control (i.e. you step on the pedal and nothing happens).

They have replaced a few cylinder valves and on the last occasion replaced the entire engine harness.

My question for those in the industry is this:

Am I better off sending the certified letter and making this an adversarial process or should I try to work with the GM of the dealership?

I am not looking for legal advice, just some practical thoughts from those who have lived on the other side of this issue.
Dill-Ag13
AG
I mean if they'll work with you on a buy-back that seems, by far, like the path of least resistance.
Complete Idiot
That stinks, sorry you are having to deal with this. I can't personally help, I've never had to make a lemon claim (I very rarely even buy a new car), but I know others here have posted about them fighting a lemon over the years. Hopefully someone can chime in and assist - good luck!
bam02
AG
They look nice even if they don't run.
htxag09
AG
I have a buddy that is going through this with a Jeep. Just tons of electrical issues that are resulting in drained batteries. Three times now the dealer has told him it's good to go and when he went to pick it up it wouldn't start.

He went ahead and did some kind of buy back request directly through Stellantis. They denied it and offered him like $3k for his troubles, but he would be waiving any kind of right to seek compensation in the future.

He denied it and hired on a lawyer to start the lemon law process.
austinag1997
AG
Big Shoulders said:

When I traded in my 2017 Alfa Quadrifgoglio for a new 2024 version, several wise individuals on this board cautioned me about Stellantis and their lack of reliability.

Well, you were right.

I picked up my new Giulia in February. In has been in the shop (90 miles away) three times for the same problem, plus an initial trip for diagnosis. These trips account for about 25% of the miles on the car.

The dealer has also had the car in their shop for about a month in total, or 20% of the time since delivery.

I believe I am squarely within the realm of the Florida lemon law, though I am definitely not an expert on that subject. To execute on the lemon law, my next step would be a certified/registered letter to Stellantis followed by allowing them one last attempt to correct the problem, before demanding a refund or replacement.

The problem, by the way is an intermittent "check engine" light, plus two occasions of no electronic throttle control (i.e. you step on the pedal and nothing happens).

They have replaced a few cylinder valves and on the last occasion replaced the entire engine harness.

My question for those in the industry is this:

Am I better off sending the certified letter and making this an adversarial process or should I try to work with the GM of the dealership?

I am not looking for legal advice, just some practical thoughts from those who have lived on the other side of this issue.

That sucks. Cool car.
NoahAg
OP, did you not notice the "Alpha Romeo" emblem when you bought it??
Big Shoulders
NoahAg said:

I deserve that.

The 2017 version was great (other than needing a new engine at 35,000 miles, which was pretty easy and covered by warranty). Thought i would roll the dice again because I do love the car.
1876er
AG
Big Shoulders said:

NoahAg said:

I deserve that.

The 2017 version was great (other than needing a new engine at 35,000 miles, which was pretty easy and covered by warranty). Thought i would roll the dice again because I do love the car.
That's a pretty big "Other than"
FIDO*98*
AG
You should name your car Julia
JamesPShelley

Clever!
TSW2012
AG
Most state's lemon law has fee shifting. So manufacturer pays your atty fees if you win. As such most lemon law attorneys won't charge you. They will get the facts, if they take the case 99% chance you win. Plus if the manufacturer gets the letter from atty vs individual it will move a lot faster.
JSKolache
AG
The risk/reward curve on Italians starts with F and ends with L. Others do not apply. Alfa and Maz are out. They are all too high strung to be daily drivers.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Trade up to Toyota/Lexus.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.