Truck prices are insane

6,337 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by YouBet
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Talking to a buddy of mine yesterday who was recently searching for a new f250/350 for work. Nothing new but was having hell trying to find a truck on a lot around Austin County.

Said he went to the dealership in brenham and they had a f250 Lariame in stock. Quoted over over 100K out the door. ****ing nuts. He told them to kick rocks and ended up finding a F350 at another dealership for cheaper. Are people actually paying that these days, or it that just them waiting for a sucker to come along?
QuitTrippin
what's cheaper? $90k
Matsui
AG
Yes to both
Dill-Ag13
AG
Lots of myopic suckers
Stat Monitor Repairman
How far are things backlogged in replacement of government and fleet vehicles?

Anyone know?
aggiedata
AG
Instant gratification is at a premium now days. Order one from our local contact who is in Brenham.
Rattler12
aggiedata said:

Instant gratification is at a premium now days. Order one from our local contact who is in Brenham.
^ this .............don't buy and prices will come down
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
There's been a few F150/350s for sale on this board and classifieds. They seem like a hell of a better deal with that quote. Granted they've got miles but generally newer trucks
drummer0415
AG
2 of the 3 are gassers, which is why they are so "cheap" relatively speaking. Depending on his needs for work, he may be ok with a gasser, or may need the diesel.
agnerd
AG
If I'm the dealership, and it's my last or one of my last F250s, and my next one won't be here for 2 weeks, heck yeah I'm putting an unreasonable price on it. While I have it, I can still have people test drive it and then order one at a decent price. Without it, it's going to be a struggle to get someone to order a vehicle they've never even seen in real life.
reproag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Talking to a buddy of mine yesterday who was recently searching for a new f250/350 for work. Nothing new but was having hell trying to find a truck on a lot around Austin County.

Said he went to the dealership in brenham and they had a f250 Lariame in stock. Quoted over over 100K out the door. ****ing nuts. He told them to kick rocks and ended up finding a F350 at another dealership for cheaper. Are people actually paying that these days, or it that just them waiting for a sucker to come along?
Which Dealership
reproag
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Anyone know?
I have 7 EMS super duties ordered since Feb 2021 and none have been picked up.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
I looked at a local dealership two weeks ago. They had a 2020 F350 Dually, Super Crew Platinum listed for 95,000 bucks with 25,000 miles. I stared at it for a while, then the sales guy came out. Since I am in sales, I enjoy talking to these guys to see how good they are (sometimes I recruit from other industries). This fella chatted with me about buying this things for 40 minutes. I told him that if he can come up with a 3 year or 5 year 0% financing plan, we can probably work something out. he said that was a no go, its not offered at all. I dude jacked around for 50 minutes before he FINALLY realized I was not going to buy from him for cash or finance.
AustinCountyAg
The one you work at was where he was quoted $100k plus.
bam02
AG
Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

I dude jacked around for 50 minutes
Well you can't say you didn't try!
CanyonAg77
AG
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3299018
Jason_InfinityRoofer
bam02 said:

Jason_InfinityRoofer said:

I dude jacked around for 50 minutes
Well you can't say you didn't try!
Small town dealership. They don't have a lot going on and I had some time to kill. They don't keep much inventory these days and that 95k truck I won't buy will likely go to Colorado within a week or so he says. Not sure what they do up there with them, taking advantage of that Colorado High I guess. The other was a 2012 Dually with 78,000 miles for 39,000. Still insane in the membrane.
reproag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Are his initials WJ?
EskimoJoe
agnerd said:

If I'm the dealership, and it's my last or one of my last F250s, and my next one won't be here for 2 weeks, heck yeah I'm putting an unreasonable price on it. While I have it, I can still have people test drive it and then order one at a decent price. Without it, it's going to be a struggle to get someone to order a vehicle they've never even seen in real life.

that's how its been in the ag industry for the last year plus, but instead of a little $100k pickup its been $500k combines and tractors.
n_touch
AustinCountyAg said:

they had a f250 Lariame in stock. Quoted over over 100K out the door.

Probably cause its the rare Dodge Ford hybrid. Not many of those made, surprised it was that low. Should of bought it and flipped it
bam02
AG
I was trying to make a good old fashioned gay joke. Didn't work.
TikkaShooter
And yet I was told I should be ok accepting $38K for a immaculate 6.2 w/107k miles. Lol.
drummer0415
AG
TikkaShooter said:

And yet I was told I should be ok accepting $38K for a immaculate 6.2 w/107k miles. Lol.

It's still a 6.2. If it was a diesel, it would be closer to $58k.
aggiedata
AG
Have you gotten many bites at $45,250?

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3299026/replies/62394722#62394722
TikkaShooter
Yep. It sold locally at $46.5

Thanks for asking. Lol

AustinCountyAg
reproag said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Are his initials WJ?

Negative,
However I'm curious why it would matter who I'm referring too? Y'all differentiate on price that much from customer to customer you can specifically recall who was quoted a certain price?
Cromagnum
AG
$100k for a truck worth $30-40k.

Yeah. GTFO
sts7049
AG
agnerd said:

who do you know that hasn't seen a ford truck before?
BrazosDog02
AG
That's what I'm wondering. . I don't need to test drive anything. It's a Ford Super duty like all the others and I don't need to test drive any other brand because I'm not buying any other brand and I don't need to drive a new one because I'm going to buy it anyway.
reproag
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

reproag said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Are his initials WJ?

Negative,
However I'm curious why it would matter who I'm referring too? Y'all differentiate on price that much from customer to customer you can specifically recall who was quoted a certain price?
Because I sold that truck to the customer I mentioned, from Bellville, and It was no where near that price. We only had one F250 available. I don't know who your friend talked to but if they were from Austin Co they would have gotten the same price.
AgBandsman
AG
aggiedata said:

I cant speak for others, but here's why I recently purchased and financed the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned: The federal government is moving at lightning speed to flip this country upside down, and retirement accounts are being wiped out by the recession and inflation. The world as we know it is changing rapidly. The old idea of saving to retire with wealth will be long gone before I will hit retirement age.

Spend it now because the days of saving for a wealthy retirement are over.
malenurse
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Anyone know?
I know the City of Sugar Land, and Fort Bend County are desperately looking for Tahoes to replace some of their older units.

Jason_InfinityRoofer
AgBandsman said:

aggiedata said:

Spend it now because the days of saving for a wealthy retirement are over.
Hard pass. Things look bad, and sound worse if you watch the news and their 'experts', but I assure you this approach is not a good one. Turn off the news, stay flexible with your savings and investments, and you'll come out fine on the back side. Panic now, adopt poor decisions, and that will be the last truck you ever buy.
Roc96
AG
I'm feeling better and better about the'99 F350 with *35,000* miles on it that I bought. Yes, that mileage is correct. With the 7.3, for $20K. Garage- kept, with many aftermarket bells and whistles added by the owner who recently died. It still smells like a new truck on the inside.
Roc
500,000ags
AG
No Ragrets
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.