New Corvette build

17,799 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KidDoc
kyledr04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a photo of a form floating around Facebook from Mac Haik that says for a z06 sold delivery order they require a non-refundable $6000 deposit and the markup will be $90,000.
EMY92
AG
I'm pretty sure that they can't force a non-refundable deposit in Texas.
ac04
kyledr04 said:

There's a photo of a form floating around Facebook from Mac Haik that says for a z06 sold delivery order they require a non-refundable $6000 deposit and the markup will be $90,000.
aggiedata
AG
jh0400
AG
kyledr04 said:

kyledr04
AG
Thanks for sharing. That's what I'd seen but failed to screenshot it.
Buck Turgidson
kyledr04 said:

Mac Haik is a slimy dealership. I made the mistake of emailing them a question back when C6 Corvettes were new and they have sent me junk email every single ****ing day since, despite me repeatedly unsubscribing. I have no doubt that letter is real.

BTW, Streetspeed 717 had that on his Youtube channel yesterday.

Jackie Daytona
AG
Mac Haik caved to online ridicule

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a40968166/dealer-shamed-into-selling-corvette-z06-at-msrp/
YouBet
AG
kyledr04 said:

Nice little gouging use case.
KidDoc
AG
Enjoyed my first Autocross with the new C8. Plenty of room for improvement.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Fun little autocross in Houston today. Pretty happy with this 37 second clean run. Only good for 6/10th place but the ones ahead of me have more mods and track tires.

Recorded with the built in PDR.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
The future is now!
KidDoc
AG
Attending corvette driving school this week outside of Vegas. Great experience!
Buck Turgidson
KidDoc said:

Attending corvette driving school this week outside of Vegas. Great experience!
A guy at my church went to the Corvette driving school in Vegas. He loved it.
KidDoc
AG
Long youtube so ignore if ya want but if you are interested in going to Corvette Driving School outside of Las Vegas it is a good PDR video into what is involved. My best run was 1:25 at around 14 minutes, the trainers run around 1:17 on their best. I learned a TON about my car and about racing in general, well worth it for me.
KidDoc
AG
Latest Autocross run. Still too slow but closing the gap a bit. This was right at 43 seconds fastest time is 38.2 in a super tricked out viper- similar cars to C8 stock running 42ish.

Buck Turgidson
KidDoc said:

A local wrap shop posted pics of that darker red and wow it looks nice. I need to track one down in person.
I have a neighbor with one like that except the wheels and spoiler are black. Looks really good in person.
KidDoc
AG
Loving the Corvette experience after a bit over a year of ownership. I took it out to MSR Houston this weekend with The Driver's Edge group and really enjoyed it and got a good feel for the track and what the C8 can do. Currently running mostly stock only changes are Hawk track brake pads (so I don't burn out all 4 rotors like I did in June) and race alignment. This was my last run in "Green group" of the weekend made it up to the next group for the next event.

aTm2004
AG
Awesome. I used to do track days back in 2005-2007 out there on my motorcycle. I see you're running CCW. I thought they stopped going that way and were running it clockwise now.
KidDoc
AG
aTm2004 said:

Awesome. I used to do track days back in 2005-2007 out there on my motorcycle. I see you're running CCW. I thought they stopped going that way and were running it clockwise now.
Both times I've gone has been CCW. They were planning to do CW but a Spyder went off track and damaged some of the tire barrier right before Launch so the track said we could only go CCW for this event.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.