New Corvette build

17,795 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KidDoc
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm on the wait list to order a 2022 or 23 Corvette. I love the 2017 Boxster S I have now but it is worth more as a trade in than when I bought it 18 months ago so I figure I should take advantage of the weird hot used car market while I can.

I'm looking for advice on options and such. I've done research and played with the build tool from Chevy already and test drove a friend's already but I don't want to screw up what will hopefully be a 10 year decision. I plan to use it daily but my drive to work is a whole three miles so it won't get a ton of miles. I do plan to autocross and track it.

This is my current build.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TSW2012
AG
Whatever option gets you nose lift.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Zo6

Yesterday
AG
Looks good. But the only color that should be on a corvette is red! IMO!
Complete Idiot
Struggling with my build as well, any tips on best packages to pick?

gggmann
AG
Hold out for a 3rd pedal option. Toyota finally gave in and started offering one on their Supra.
KidDoc
AG
TSW2012 said:

Whatever option gets you nose lift.
This was something i was going to pass on but multiple youtubes and my buddy convinced me otherwise.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
gggmann said:

Hold out for a 3rd pedal option. Toyota finally gave in and started offering one on their Supra.
My first several cars were sticks and both of my kids learned on sticks for their first cars but I'm just not that picky these days because the autos are so adjustable for performance vs comfort with different settings.
KidDoc
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Don't go black, too much heat and hassle!
KidDoc
AG
Yesterday said:

I am pretty between the Stormtrooper color pattern vs their dark red option.
agracer
AG
Grey Primer with clear coat seems to be a popular option for cars these days so maybe go with that.
bam02
AG
KidDoc said:

Yesterday said:

That color is awesome but I'm not sure it's what I'd get for a 'Vette.
B/CS Dreaming
AG
I love the Morello Red interior with the silver, but it looks like GM is dropping that as an option for '23s.

ChoppinDs40
AG
Get the electric blue. One of those in my neighborhood and it turns heads big time. Also, Z06
ac04
can we see silver wheels instead of black
maroon barchetta
Complete Idiot said:

Put some Mickey Thompson's and a lift kit on that thing
Duncan Idaho
There is a yellow one down the street from me.

I know it isn't for everyone but I love it
lotsofhp
AG
Saw one parked at a neighbors house over the weekend that was white. Gorgeous. I think he had some sort or body kit mod though. Seemed to have an air diffuser. Looked bad ass
tailgatetimer10
AG
Be sure to check the LS Swap option.
KidDoc
AG
ac04 said:

can we see silver wheels instead of black
I don't know why the image won't upload, Texags must be mad at me.
Hungry Ojos
I hate black rims but if you're going to get stormtrooper white, you almost have to.

That being said, anything other than black rims wasn't an option on my Bronco so I guess I'm getting used to it
JamesPShelley
My LA son paid cash for his 23, expcting delivery later this year.

When I asked him if it has "this or that" he tells me, "Dad, it has everything".

He doesn't recall what color he ordered, as he will have it wrapped upon arrival.

Close to $100K. Hollywood, lol.
KidDoc
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Zo6

Thanks for this, I had no idea this was coming with the 2023 models. Will check it out and see if that is an option for sure.
Yesterday
AG
JamesPShelley said:

When I asked him if it has "this or that" he tells me, "Dad, it has everything".

He doesn't recall what color he ordered, as he will have it wrapped upon arrival.

Nice! If it makes you feel any better he just got a car worth $120k in this market. Who said new sports cars are not a good investment?
KidDoc
AG
KidDoc said:

Yesterday said:

Nevermind on this color. Looking at various pictures on the web it is much more brown than I thought it was.

My wife vetoed the electric blue already, 80% of my cars have been blue haha.
tailgatetimer10
AG
KidDoc said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Zo6

Thanks for this, I had no idea this was coming with the 2023 models. Will check it out and see if that is an option for sure.

As a previous Zo6, its the freaking best.
Flaith
AG
I love the look of white cars, but it has been wildly overdone. Its a game I sometimes play on my commute to count the number of white cars on the road in my general vicinity. If I were buying something this flashy, I would absolutely go with a eye-popping color

Obviously orange is a no. Rapid blue is the best looking to me, but you've already vetoed that.

Red Mist Metallic looks awesome

Also, come on GM.... three different shades of silver as options? gtfo
Cromagnum
AG
bam02 said:

KidDoc said:

Yesterday said:

That color is awesome but I'm not sure it's what I'd get for a 'Vette.

It was awesome enough for me to go for it vs the island blue color on my C7. I believe it's the same color on the C8 and looks quite nice in person.

Texmid
AG
You need to let me drive it once you get it. Bring it to Smithville and I will buy the burgers.
AgGrad99
AG
Texmid said:

You need to let me drive it once you get it. Bring it to Smithville and I will buy the burgers.
If he lets you drive it, I think that deserves a steak at Murphys...would make for a fun drive too
bqce
AG
Yesterday said:

Happy birthday Yesterday, today. I still have great memories of the Ferrari Red with the black stinger.
Yesterday
AG
bqce said:

Yesterday said:

Happy birthday Yesterday, today. I still have great memories of the Ferrari Red with the black stinger.

And the White 69 w/chrome bumpers.
JSKolache
AG
You have a proper sports car - keep it.
bqce
AG
Yesterday said:

bqce said:

Yesterday said:

And the White 69 w/chrome bumpers.
And the side pipes
Prince_Ahmed
JamesPShelley said:

I think we found the new MFBarnes
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.