New Corvette build

17,864 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by KidDoc
bam02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks better in those pics. A little more red coming through.
lotsofhp
AG
Prince_Ahmed said:

JamesPShelley said:

My LA son paid cash for his 23, expcting delivery later this year.

When I asked him if it has "this or that" he tells me, "Dad, it has everything".

He doesn't recall what color he ordered, as he will have it wrapped upon arrival.

Close to $100K. Hollywood, lol.

I think we found the new MFBarnes

Haha no, I think it's just a dad who's proud of his son. This is my second time seeing his story on here
ac04
just looked at colors on the build site, 99% sure i would get elkhart lake blue metallic. my wife would not get a vote.
tk for tu juan
Blue metallic is always my first choice. There are times I would pick a color close to orange, like the orange that was on the BMW 1M coupe, it looked awesome in that color.
KidDoc
AG
ac04 said:

just looked at colors on the build site, 99% sure i would get elkhart lake blue metallic. my wife would not get a vote.
Yeah I am leaning that way myself today!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Yesterday
AG
Blue is sharp! Red is better!
Aggietaco
AG
Blue is the clear winner here if red is really not an option.

But red should be an option.

Pick red.
Complete Idiot
Thread makes me a bit sad. For about 8 months during the height of the pandemic, due to pandemic boredom, I owned the 2003 Z06 below. Bought it pretty cheap, did some repairs and upgrades, enjoyed it, but ultimately it didn't make any sense in our family at this time so I sold it. But man, it was fun.

maroon barchetta
Complete Idiot said:

Thread makes me a bit sad. For about 8 months during the height of the pandemic, due to pandemic boredom, I owned the 2003 Z06 below. Bought it pretty cheap, did some repairs and upgrades, enjoyed it, but ultimately it didn't make any sense in our family at this time so I sold it. But man, it was fun.

Username checks out???
ChoppinDs40
AG
rapid blue... the whole way.
AgGrad99
AG
I like the white, personally.
YouBet
AG
Not a fan of red cars except for Ferraris. I guess that's just marketing programming on me.

Anyway, I like whatever that red/maroon/brown color is on that vette though. And the blue.
AgsWin2011
AG
If they offered a dark grey metallic that would get my vote.
TRIDENT
AG
That dark red is dope!
Complete Idiot
maroon barchetta said:

Complete Idiot said:

Username checks out???

Have you ever owned a Corvette?
maroon barchetta
Complete Idiot said:

maroon barchetta said:

Complete Idiot said:

Username checks out???

No. But if I did I would probably keep it.

Maybe when I hit a midlife crisis.

The only one I really want is the '63 split window coupe.
lotsofhp
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Better hit the lottery while you're at it then
KidDoc
AG
A local wrap shop posted pics of that darker red and wow it looks nice. I need to track one down in person.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Complete Idiot
maroon barchetta said:

Complete Idiot said:

maroon barchetta said:

Complete Idiot said:

Username checks out???

No. But if I did I would probably keep it.

I enjoyed it, no regrets about buying or selling. I owned a Corvette. Had fun, I liked sprucing it up a bit since it was old and needed some work - got it in good shape for someone to enjoy and keep on the road longer. If you look at carfax reports for a lot of Corvettes, they have 4+ owners - people tend to not keep them. Usually "car people" who might be moving on to the next fun thing, or perhaps it's also people who lust after them but realize they don't make a lot of sense unless you are in a position to keep a stable of cars. I have a couple cars, but it's ideally a daily driver and a fun/large SUV. Currently my daily needs a backseat and 4 doors since I have 3 kids, but taking my son out in the Z06 on a twisty/hilly road at high speed and watching him uncontrollable giggle is something I won't forget. 8 months was short but I change cars every 2 years, there are a few that I've owned that many would say "why did you ever sell THAT?" but I have a car problem.

Since this is a car forum I assume you are a car fan, I hope you can someday drive your dream but you've set your sights on something fairly unattainable with that '63. Beautiful car.

That reminds me, a dream car of mine is a '64 GTO, drop top and manual. Just after my dad died kinda young, and before I had kids of my own, I found a beautiful maroon convertible '64 with a manual and tri-power for sale in Florida, near Tampa where I had just a few years before gone on a spring training trip with my dad. Decided to get a cheap flight there, spend a night in a hotel, and take that GTO on a test drive around some of those spring training sites. Did just that, dreamed a bit about buying and driving it back to Texas but ultimately just driving my dream for half an hour was enough.
maroon barchetta
Lotto winning would be the way to get a '63 Vette. Otherwise I don't see it. If it had happened in the past few years I would have bid on the silver one in Neal Peart's collection that got auctioned off last year. It was a beauty. He had a great collection.

I'll need a kid to be done with college before I look into a sports car!

In high school I drove a '63 Impala that had a 327 in it. I would take another one of those in a second.
KidDoc
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Lotto winning would be the way to get a '63 Vette. Otherwise I don't see it. If it had happened in the past few years I would have bid on the silver one in Neal Peart's collection that got auctioned off last year. It was a beauty. He had a great collection.

I'll need a kid to be done with college before I look into a sports car!

In high school I drove a '63 Impala that had a 327 in it. I would take another one of those in a second.
Yeah my youngest finished @ A&M in December, one of the big reasons I'm diving into the sports car world now!
ac04
so what's the plan here? was thinking about this again when i saw a C8 this morning. i would go blue with the cheapest wheels available and plan on replacing them with something aftermarket. not crazy about any of the stock options with the blue.
KidDoc
AG
I'm still on the wait list to finalize but currently leaning towards metallic red with base wheels. It is close for me between the metallic red and lake blue. I'll get the stingray pack as well with the black stripe down the middle of the hood.

Texmid
AG
KidDoc said:

I'm still on the wait list to finalize but currently leaning towards metallic red with base wheels. It is close for me between the metallic red and lake blue. I'll get the stingray pack as well with the black stripe down the middle of the hood.

Red!
FamousAgg
TSW2012 said:

Whatever option gets you nose lift.

He's not great looking, but he doesn't need a nose job…
tk for tu juan
Cut away of Z06 at 8:20, interior driving sounds at 11:19

maroon barchetta
What was the question
JamesPShelley
lotsofhp said:

Prince_Ahmed said:

JamesPShelley said:

When I asked him if it has "this or that" he tells me, "Dad, it has everything".

He doesn't recall what color he ordered, as he will have it wrapped upon arrival.

Haha no, I think it's just a dad who's proud of his son. This is my second time seeing his story on here
Thank you. Yes. I'm very proud of him. Raised to be a rockstar, literally. He pursued that signing a 7-figure contract with RoadRunner Records... when he was 19. Toured much of the world. Did that for a few years until he decided that life on the road wasn't going to work for a young twenty-something. He now "manufactures" stars, running his own business. His hourly is 4 figures, no decimals. Yes. I'm damn proud, thank you.

JamesPShelley
Prince_Ahmed said:

JamesPShelley said:

You're an insufferable ****ing killjoy. Have a great day!
lotsofhp
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Little hottie talking shop all excited about the new Z06. Bad ass.
tailgatetimer10
AG
lotsofhp said:

tk for tu juan said:

Little hottie talking shop all excited about the new Z06. Bad ass.

Don't watch too many of her videos. She's annoying as hell. And their crew is constantly blowing up motors, worse than Cleetus
tk for tu juan
Correct, most of her videos are annoying, which is the case for a lot of the youtube auto channels.
lotsofhp
AG
She's hot though so she gets away with it. This is nothing new
SquanchyAg
wb, but damn her voice is annoying.
KidDoc
AG
Just posting a boring update:

I'm going to go with the dark red color. I finally caught one in person parked outside the new Gringos in College Station and stopped to look at it in person. Lovely color!

I'm still on the wait list to order. The vette guy at the dealership said it is moving slowly because they are now into the 2023 models and there is a "two week safety hold" at the factory.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.