Keating Toyota scammed my elderly parents

63,022 Views | 251 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Irish 2.0
mosdefn14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which one of you is Prince Ahmed
Ark03
AG
Aaaand.... its gone.

If ya'll keep it up you're going to get the page locked from edits. Before all this started, I think the wiki page included the dealership listing but not the link to Texags, obviously. Maybe that's not a bad place to get it back to.
CDUB98
AG
I'm not part of it, but it's like roulette.

Will the page get locked with the dealership list intact or not?

tick, tick, tick
JamesPShelley
Boomhauer89 said:

Annnnnd now someone has linked this thread on the Wiki article.
I see it's linked again... first paragraph of the page. lol
txags92
AG
I suspect that they are watching this thread already, so they know there is an effort to edit the wiki underway.
Martin Q. Blank
txags92 said:

I suspect that they are watching this thread already, so they know there is an effort to edit the wiki underway.
More likely that he has someone on his staff who wrote the whole wikipedia entry and gets a notification if it has changed. The whole thing sounds like he wrote it himself.
txags92
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

txags92 said:

More likely that he has someone on his staff who wrote the whole wikipedia entry and gets a notification if it has changed. The whole thing sounds like he wrote it himself.
That activity log that was linked says somebody just put a protection from editing on for the next 3 days
CDUB98
AG
Gosh, you know, if he had business practices that weren't shady, he wouldn't have to worry.
Texker
AG
Garrelli 5000 said:

kb2001 said:

Texker said:

I submit that the games/strategies of the service department are just as bad, and in some instances maybe even worse than new car sales.
Agreed. Service reps work on commission, and some of them are just as shady as the finance office.
Years ago we took my wife's Infiniti to the dealer to get the Nav updated w/a newer map.

As a 'courtesy' they looked it over to determine if any maintenance should be performed.

I'll never forget laughing at the guy and telling him he was out of his f'ing mind if he thought I was going to drop $7K on recommended 'repairs' to a meticulously maintained and perfectly running vehicle.

Drove it at least 7 more years after w/out incident.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Years ago I took my '94 Acura Legend GS (5-6 years old at the time) to David McDavid Acura in Plano for oil changes cuz they always sent loss leader coupons. The minor inconvenience was the "Customer" Service Liaison coming out with a laundry list of issues typically totaling 3k-5k that made it sound like the car wasn't going to make it out of the service bay. And they weren't shy about over valuing their free gazillion point inspection service.

Well, I started comparing their recommendations from visit to visit. Guess what? There was zero to very little overlap. And it was obvious there were price range categories of repairs.

The strategy is they overwhelm you with a ginormous number but there's always 1-3 repairs in the under $500 range, 1 of which is always around $100. So perhaps the customer picks 1 or 2 and feels relieved to get out of there for less than the laundry list bottom line.

I still have the car. Anyone in the market for a GS that needs some work?
The Fife
Is this the one that was a 4 door automatic or was that someone else's?
Shoefly!
AG
dubi said:

SCHTICK00 said:

What else does Keating own, so I know to stay away and tell everyone the same?
Keating owns almost everything in BCS.

Victoria and Port Lavaca too.
Chewy
AG
Based on the evidence in this thread it doesn't seem like this is a rogue GM and more in line with Keating dealership business practices.

Andy sounds like a great dude but his boss and personal friend sure seems like a POS.

Hope all those fun race cars are worth screwing unsuspecting people out of their money.

Hopefully Ben or someone from his organization will come along and address these concerns rather than cat and mousing his personal Wikipedia page.
Chewy
AG
Just reading some of the edits for his Wikipedia page. Whoever posted this is a real hero of the people.

Quote:

His most recent Christmas present was to an elederly couple, as described here: https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3272009/1
Spotted Ag
AG
SIAP

Keating autogroup - all dealerships

https://www.keatingauto.com/
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
mAgnoliAg
Alpha Texan
AG
buddybee said:

I WILL NEVER NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ANY KEATING DEALERSHIP. WHAT A SLIME BALL OUTFIT. I will spread the word to all of my Aggie Friends about how they are running a scam business. I hope the Keating dealership goes out of business and quit giving the honest dealers a bad name.
I'm kind of scared now, I'm currently shopping Toyota and Subaru in College Station. Are those owned by Keating?
Alpha Texan
AG
dubi said:

SCHTICK00 said:

Does he own the Toyota or Subaru there?
dubi
AG
Quote:

I'm not sure about those 2.

I believe the Toyota dealership was recently sold so I suspect it was to Keating.
Ark03
AG
Alpha Texan said:

dubi said:

SCHTICK00 said:

It's not listed here: https://www.keatingauto.com/

The only BCS dealerships listed are Chevrolet Aggieland, Nissan College Station, Hyundai College Station, BMW College Station, and Ford College Station.

Sterling Subaru in Bryan is owned by Sterling Auto Group, and BCS Toyota is owned by some Costa Ricans.
aggiedata
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

I believe the Toyota dealership was recently sold so I suspect it was to Keating.

He does not own the Toyota dealership in CS.

The Purdy Motor Group owns it, plus the one moved from Madisonville to Huntsville. They are based in Costa Rica.
Ark03
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Ha, I wondered the same thing. My google-fu tells me it wasn't him.
Mookie
AG
Subaru used to be clients of mine. They're family owned locally in BCS.
Texker
AG
Yes it's a sedan w/auto.
rilloaggie
AG
While nowhere near the level that occurred in the OP, I had an absolutely awful experience at CS ford, which I now know is a Keating owned dealer. TL;DR version is the salesman refused to give me a price on a vehicle unless I was willing to drive back to bcs from Houston and then ran a pull on my frozen credit after I explicitly told him it was frozen and not to run it unless we agreed on a deal. Full post below

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3197687/replies/59244989
CDUB98
AG
I didn't think it was possible for anyone to run a credit check on a frozen account, which is part of the reason I have all three of mine frozen.
rilloaggie
AG
I think they can "run" it but it comes back as frozen, and a "adverse action notice" gets sent to the person. That's the only reason I found out they tried to run it, because I got a letter in the mail letting me know.
agsport
AG
Purdy Group owns Bryan College Station Toyota, Huntsville Toyota and South Toyota (in Dallas). Plus they own a bunch of stores in Costa Rica and is the only distributor of Toyotas into Costa Rica.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Chewy
Sea Speed
AG
I hope this gets resolved and the board gets to have some more fun.
FightinTexag
Righteousgemstone
Update:

The situation has been resolved. Many Thanks to FLATOUT for reaching out and helping get the situation taken care of. FLATOUT was extremely helpful and a good Ag. The GM at Keating reached out to my parents and made the situation right. The Aggie network is powerful.

I hope going forward that this sort of thing doesn't happen to other folks. My parents are awesome people who sacrificed a whole lot for us growing up. This experience has shown me that as the generations turn over, the time begins where I have got to start looking out for them. For those of you who have aging and still independent parents, it is kind of a reminder to look out for them as well.

Thanks again Auto board for the help

CDUB98
AG
Heck yeah!!
Texker
AG
Awesome. My parents are a bit older than yours and just bought another car from Sewell pre-owned. It's the only dealer my dad will tolerate. We've purchased from them as well.

Again, great news and well done FLATOUT!
Mookie
AG
FLATOUT is good people, keep that guy in your Rolodex

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.