Keating Toyota scammed my elderly parents

48,415 Views | 221 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by aggiepaintrain
AgCPA95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lb3 said:

I purchased a vehicle from a Keating dealer in 2022 and luckily I knew their reputation from TexAgs. In the finance office I got out my calculator and checked the loan amortization and caught them bumping the interest rate about two and a half percent over what we negotiated.

So on truth in lending section of the purchase documents (required by law) they stated a lower interest rate but then showed a payment based on a higher rate?

I can so see the bait and switch on claiming they never agreed to lower rate as they know you could never prove it but intentionally deceiving you with a lower rate on the form than what they are using in the loan is another level of criminal.
cliffbob64@gmail.com
Righteousgemstone: Please contact me, my wife and I may be able to join your legal actiion
Alpine
AG
Funny this popped up today. I just got a text from Lloyd at Keating Toyota in San Marcos offering to buy my vehicle I bought from them 2 years ago. I replied saying I will never do business with them again and they did not respond.
lb3
AG
AgCPA95 said:

lb3 said:

I purchased a vehicle from a Keating dealer in 2022 and luckily I knew their reputation from TexAgs. In the finance office I got out my calculator and checked the loan amortization and caught them bumping the interest rate about two and a half percent over what we negotiated.

So on truth in lending section of the purchase documents (required by law) they stated a lower interest rate but then showed a payment based on a higher rate?

I can so see the bait and switch on claiming they never agreed to lower rate as they know you could never prove it but intentionally deceiving you with a lower rate on the form than what they are using in the loan is another level of criminal.
They never showed me a truth in lending statement. We discussed the rate with the salesman but they never showed me any paperwork with the rate listed, just the payment. If it was listed somewhere he never pointed it out or asked me to initial it.
Redstone
AG
Went to McCombs in 2020, I-10 and 1604, and didn't have an issue
drewser95
AG
Toyota financing arm fined $60M for lending practices:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2023/11/20/toyota-motor-financial-fine.html

Might be more of an issue Toyota-wide? Stinks because I think the vehicles themselves are great (currently on my third 4Runner).
FunnyFarm14
AG
Beck & Masten did the same thing last time I bought a truck. I left on all the warranties and crap when signing the paperwork, and then canceled them all within the week.

Worst part - they wouldn't sell the truck without all the crap, but had no issue with me canceling for full amount later. I did just that....but in order to cancel, I had to make a return trip to the dealer to do it. I made a very clear point of walking into the managers office to give my displeasure after i had done it.
The Dog Lord
AG
Redstone said:

Went to McCombs in 2020, I-10 and 1604, and didn't have an issue

Tried to work with McCombs Ford in 2017. Wouldn't talk to me about "price," just monthly payments. Told them a few times I wanted to talk price. They kept dropping the number for monthly payments to see if that would get me to bite. Told them to **** off and left.

Went to Boerne and got a full breakdown, including TT&L, without even asking them for it. Finance guys weren't pushy at all and told me they could do whatever custom plan I wanted for the part I was financing. They got 2 sales within a few weeks out of that since the wife was about to car shop too (they didn't know that).
GeeBee
AG
drewser95 said:

Toyota financing arm fined $60M for lending practices:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2023/11/20/toyota-motor-financial-fine.html

Might be more of an issue Toyota-wide? Stinks because I think the vehicles themselves are great (currently on my third 4Runner).

I was just coming to this thread to post this. It's absolutely a Toyota thing. The stuff they mentioned in the fine are all the things the dealer I deal with tried to get me to buy. They start drawing pictures and how you need this, and your warranty doesn't cover everything after 12k miles, and you need GAP coverage, and wheel insurance "extras". No, no, no, and no.

I'm usually not a dick about it and politely tell them no, but after reading that I'm going to start having to be a dick about it. Probably will avoid the finance office and just do everything over the phone or online.

I've had it happen 2x while buying a Toyota. Caught it one time where the shady finance guy tried to extend the terms by 6 mo. The last time when I bought my tundra off of lease was the worst. They tried to put all kinds of **** on the deal. They also lied and said I had to do the paperwork through the dealer since it was a Toyota lease.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Just bought a Toyota (different dealership), and I had to go through the finance office even though I was paying cash. I had negotiated the price over the phone. I also told the GM that I would leave if the paperwork was one penny over the negotiated drive out price. I also said, I do not want any of the finance office offers. To their credit, I went into the finance office and it took about 5 minutes with no upsell offers.
Donut03
AG
What Toyota dealerships don't do this to customers in Texas? I'm trying to help my parents get a rav4. Thanks!
aggiepaintrain
AG
my connection does not, they are in the Houston area
aggiepaintrain@gmail.com if interested

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.