Keating Toyota scammed my elderly parents

88,922 Views | 270 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by maroon barchetta
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's frustrating, but you have to go through the whole process expecting to get ****ed every step of the way.
Chewy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did all the threads just get nuked?

I LOLed when I saw the post wondering how ignorant both sides could be thinking a Keating ad would do well on TexAgs. Anyone that spends any time here knows their reputation.

I never saw it on the Automotive forum so was wondering if whoever decided this thought it would be safe in other forums.

Obviously it wasn't and people posted their thoughts which wasn't kind.

I saw it got unpinned but comments were still holding it to the top. Haven't paid attention the last few days but they're clearly all gone.

What idiots.
Naveronski
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedent said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Glad to see this thread pop back up after seeing Aggieland Chevy's site sponsor thread go sideways...


The mods tried to clean up the negative responses, which just brought even more. The threads were removed a couple hours ago.

I wonder if this social media embarrassment gets back to Mr. Keating and perhaps he starts to look into some of these disgusting business practices?

Yeah……..I know……probably………and fat chance.

I'm sure Keating fixed their issues and removed the problematic people/policies… otherwise staff taking money from a company know to have shady business practices is, well, shady.
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They pulled the ads within a few hours after they started.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
-Moderator
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Naveronski said:

aggiedent said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Glad to see this thread pop back up after seeing Aggieland Chevy's site sponsor thread go sideways...


The mods tried to clean up the negative responses, which just brought even more. The threads were removed a couple hours ago.

I wonder if this social media embarrassment gets back to Mr. Keating and perhaps he starts to look into some of these disgusting business practices?

Yeah……..I know……probably………and fat chance.

I'm sure Keating fixed their issues and removed the problematic people/policies… otherwise staff taking money from a company know to have shady business practices is, well, shady.


Jorts used to be a mod, no?
aggiedent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

They pulled the ads within a few hours after they started.


Incorrect.

The ads are still present at the top of many of staffs premium stories.
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My bad. I meant the threads that they posted on the forums about the new sponsor.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
-Moderator
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm going through something similar with one of the Keating group dealerships. Does anyone know how to get ahold of Ben Keating? I can't get any answers from the dealership other than they are complying with the State and "I'll look into it and get back with you." I have been trying to figure this out for over 3 weeks.
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These are the things that I can't get answers to. The GM won't explain. I talked with the business manager but the conversation didn't fix anything.

Entire deal done remotely using Onespan esign. I returned a lease and leased a new one.

1. Odometer inflation by 8860 miles on the grounding report for my turned in lease, signed by one of their employees "on my behalf," without a power of attorney.
2. Retail purchase agreement with CSN package and double billed fees. I was told by the business manager that this document was a mistake.
3. Nissan North America , INC. Incentive Claim Form : Incentive form routing incentive to the dealership after telling me I didn't qualify for any rebates.
4. Wrong trim listed on the lease contract and lessee affidavit. It lists a Rouge Dark Armor. I leased a Rogue Rock Creek. The Rock Creek is in my driveway.
5. Arbitration clause blacked out on signature area. I don't have any clue why.
6. Bypassed my AIM inspection before sending the old lease back to Nissan. I asked several times and was told not to worry.

I only have the documents that were saved to my phone from Onespan esign. I was never given physical copies of anything.

Anyone have any advice? I have really tried to handle this with them without getting the police involved and an attorney. .
ktownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Get an attorney
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't understand why people have to go to these lengths to just get help with a mess the dealership created. Why can't the GM just explain, seems much easier for everyone involved.

I did read that I have to send a 60 day notice so I guess that's my next step while finding an attorney. The Txdmv is doing their part but they are limited to what they can do for the consumer.
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teresa_I said:

I don't understand why people have to go to these lengths to just get help with a mess the dealership created. Why can't the GM just explain, seems much easier for everyone involved.

I did read that I have to send a 60 day notice so I guess that's my next step while finding an attorney. The Txdmv is doing their part but they are limited to what they can do for the consumer.

Because at the end of the day, they do this for a living and you do not. They know more tricks than you, creative ways to cause confusion, ways to skirt the law perhaps without fully breaking it, and are fully aware that most people will cave and just drop it because of the time investment to really challenge it.

I can say I've have two friends contract with attorneys to challenge dealerships, and both cases the dealer resolved it quickly.

Good luck.

Milwaukees Best Light
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You just got Keated.
jrrhouston98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flatout Keated
rancher1953
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH A KEATING DEALERSHIP.

caveat emptor
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you! : )

I can't give up because some of it will affect me financially. The insurance on my car will turn into a nightmare if I ever had a wreck. The trim listed on the lease contract is a dark armor but it's a rock creek. All of it is a mess.

I'm going to start looking for an attorney. I'm getting no where with the GM.
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I trusted them, sadly.
Southlake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ask your bank or credit union to assist you in buying the vehicle they are going to finance for you. They will check every number during the process. Dealerships will not perpetuate fraud when the financial institution is involved and over seeing the sale.
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know what this is and why would it be stuck in the middle of a 16 page Onespan esign?
https://ibb.co/gby2Dkch
Whoop Delecto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got something similar when I Googled it back when I noticed it in the saved PDF OneSpan eSign documents. I was actually looking for the grounding receipt for my old lease and didn't see it in any of the documents that OneSpan saved on my phone. Since I didn't get any physical copies, I've had to try to figure it all out from the PDF.

I called the salesman, and I still didn't understand why that Retail Purchase Agreement was in the paperwork for a lease, so I texted him also. The business manager called me and said it was a mistake. That makes no sense. I tried to get the GM to confirm that it was a mistake and send me something showing it was void. I don't want that bill sitting in my file when I didn't agree to it.

I even sent the GM the exact timestamps of the phone calls to pull to verify everything I was saying. He won't do anything.

Attaching my text to the salesperson:
https://ibb.co/Z1xkhB24

This entire thing is nuts!

*The forum isn't letting me post much, I guess there's a posting limit.
BlueMiles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With a new account you are limited on posts per day, but I think you should be able to EDIT a post and update it.
Teresa_I
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone in finance, work for a dealership, anyone who can answer….

I also questioned why this NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC. INCENTIVE CLAIM FORM was included in the OneSpan eSign bundle with my information filled out. The document has a pre-checked box that routes my manufacturer rebates directly to the dealershipwhich makes no sense if I didn't qualify for any rebates, according to the business manager.

Attaching the incentive form below. I have blacked out my personal information to protect my privacy and comply with forum rules.

https://ibb.co/G4RdTDPv

*Yes, I'm getting an attorney.
1626
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Received new issue of Texas Aggie magazine today. They did a multi page feature on Ben Keating. He now owns 30 dealerships. I was surprised to look up and see he purchased City Limits Subaru in Buda and Toyota dealer in Cedar Park fairly recently.
Medaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I didn't read all of this but I feel sorry for OPs parents. Some people just have no morals and would hurt someone else for a buck. These people will never make it in life and regardless of monetary success, will always be unhappy.

As for buying a car, I never have issues with upcharge on any car I bought. I typically know what I want, I email a bunch of dealerships, get the best price, and then go get the car. I tell them explicitly that I want the "Out The Door" Price so there is no room for some add ons/tax/dealership markup/fluff fluff.

If you do not settle on an OTD price, then what is the point of negotiating a price or comparing the same car from two dealerships? In no other business do you buy something without knowing the OTD price for a commodity.

maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's just FLATOUT wrong to scam people, but some folks in the auto sales industry have no qualms about it as long as it helps them afford nice toys so they can impress strangers at Coffee and Cars.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.