F150 build date

60,508 Views | 603 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ttha_aggie_09
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found a new use for the fold out table
gravitartx
AG
That's awesome news, hopefully it doesn't take too long to ship down to Alabama from KC.
MTTANK
AG
gravitartx said:

Trying to figure out when exactly my truck is going to be made, for some reason Ford's emails have been very random and now the tracking feature isin't working for me. Discovered yesterday on the Tracker that its status had been updated to "In Production" and the blend date is 03-17-22. The scheduled build date was 03-20 so I guess they are sending it down the line early. What's the typical time from the blend date to being completely built?

Specs:
2022 XL STX Package
4x4 5.0L SuperCab w/ 6.5 Bed
Space White w/ Black cloth interior
Auto start stop delete so no chip

Order date was 12/18/21
This seems like a real AB pick. What was your MSRP?
GIG 'EM
gravitartx
AG
When I ordered it it was 44k before incentives, with the price change in Feb it jumped to $46K which I'm not happy about at all. Going to fight that with the dealer when it comes time to sign paperwork. It's a strange pick for sure, but my main reason for ordering it this way was because I wanted a similar wheelbase as I have now (08 Supercrew 5.5') but with a larger bed. I also don't have any kids right now and can count on one hand the number of times someone's ridden in the backseat, so the backseat wasn't a huge priority.

Could I have gotten more truck with similar money? Probably but I've had two regular cabs before and those are too small, and my crew cab is too big now so I think my setup will work for a long time
redag06
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Today's update is "shipped"

I think our trucks are on the same schedule. Ordered the same time as well if I recall.
htxag09
AG
What a huge tease. Powerboost king ranch, ordered November, built in January, waiting on chips. Got an email titled " A change in your 2022 F-150 King Ranch order.". But in reality, it's nothing:

" Thanks again for placing your 2022 F-150 King Ranch order. We're working hard to assemble your vehicle, but it's going to take more time than expected to finish it.
We want to make sure it's assembled right, so we will be performing quality checks, inspections and tests before it's delivered to you.
We know there's a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we'll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is assembled, you'll be hearing from us again with an estimated date for delivery to your dealer."
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Still waiting on mine to be in production. Ordered end of January and got this yesterday:

Thanks again for placing your 2022 F-150 King Ranch order. While we've been busy working to get your new vehicle into production, we've run into a few delays.
Sometimes certain features or options can lengthen the time before a vehicle is scheduled for production.
We know there's a lot of anticipation when it comes to getting into a new vehicle, so we'll make sure to keep you updated. Once your vehicle is ready to move into the production schedule, you'll be hearing from us again.

oscar9
AG
Do some dealers get preferred build dates?

Some of yalls trucks are ready quick. I built October and is now pushed to mid may.
junior200414
AG
Sounds like a chip hold. Has more to do with trim/options that you chose vs dealer.
htxag09
AG
junior200414 said:

Sounds like a chip hold. Has more to do with trim/options that you chose vs dealer.

Depends. If he built as in ordered in October it's an options delay. Aka they aren't building trucks with or without adaptive steering, etc. If it was built in October and he's still waiting, then yeah, chips. But that's not how I read it and I'd be shocked if someone's been waiting that long on chips.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
You order from Christy? Sounds like the same thing I was told about adaptive steering.
Snipes
AG
I got the same email yesterday for my 402a tremor I ordered mid December. My contact at Tommie Vaughn said it was just standard email from ford that it's delayed. Wish ford would just come out and say our supply chain is effed and we still build it soon as we can. These cryptic emails makes it worse.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
That's what I have ordered and has shipped. Hopefully arrives before end of month
Shooter McGavin
AG
My status says the dealer has it and "is making final preparation for your new vehicle. They will be reaching out to set up your delivery"

It has been this way for 3-4 days. I was hoping to get in there Saturday and get it done, but still nothing.
Shooter McGavin
AG
I got the call from the dealer.

Really wanted to pick it up today, but sure don't want to be heading home in a possible hail storm!
aggiegolfer07
AG
Mine was shipped from Dearborn last week. Not sure where it is now, but knowing my luck it will be on a truck in the middle of the hail storm.
Jaydoug
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

My status says the dealer has it and "is making final preparation for your new vehicle. They will be reaching out to set up your delivery"

It has been this way for 3-4 days. I was hoping to get in there Saturday and get it done, but still nothing.

Man, what else are they gonna put out front on there tall tease ramp display?
EMY92
AG
Shooter McGavin said:

Mine said that for 6 weeks prior to shipping.
Jaydoug
AG
Me on my Truck's status page on the Ford website

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Damn rail car moves way too slow
tk for tu juan
Now there is another variant, and you get a choice of engines b/w the two ecoboost and the coyote

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2022/03/29/new-2023-ford-f-150-rattler.html
junior200414
AG
Finally got her home. Picked it up Saturday from reproag. With test drive and inspection of vehicle, took about 2hrs. Reproag made the process smooth and easy. Ford ordering and tracking process was wonky at times, with plant shutdowns, build date delays, and really weird shipment tracking (truck showed in Oregon the day it was delivered to Appel). But despite that, reproag answered all questions and Appel stepped up to keep things moving.

Wheel well liners installed yesterday, Line-X on Wednesday, Roll-n-Lock A-XT coming from Luke, and then tint as soon as I can get it scheduled.

*Edit - image uploading seems to be difficult for me this morning.

Yesterday
AG
Very nice!
Jaydoug
AG
Still waiting on mine. Estimated delivery was March 30, 2022 - April 5, 2022.
junior200414
AG
Thats what mine was as well. Where was yours built, KC or Dearborn? What day did it ship according to the Ford tracker?
aggiegolfer07
AG
How are you able to see that granular of shipping info? My status just shows "shipped" and has been that way for 3 weeks now. I have no clue if tomorrow is the day or if I will receive my truck by July4th.
junior200414
AG
You could ask your dealer for a snapshot of the VVR history and see if a rail car was assigned. You could also chat with Ford online and see if they can pull up your tracking history and provide a rail car number. Once you have a rail car, you can track by phone.

Also, you can go to palsapp.com and unhide their tracking search and see if they have delivered it to the rail yard or what lot you may be in at factory awaiting shipping.

Do some digging on f150gen14.com and there are many threads laying out this process.

*Careful with all this info that you may find. I don't think Ford had my tracking info up to date or maybe not even correct at all.
aggiegolfer07
AG
Thanks. Amazing that you can track toilet paper from amazon, but Ford is not entirely sure where your truck is located.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I've been antsy as well for 3+ weeks
Jaydoug
AG
canadianAg
AG
Still waiting on a production date from my late February order. But dealer just called asking if I was on removing spray in bedliner otherwise could be looking at 40 weeks
junior200414
AG
Remove spray in liner and wheel well liners if you have em. Get the bed-liner sprayed locally and install wheel well liners yourself if you want them.
Jaydoug
AG
Jaydoug
AG
Just got a note that my truck has arrived. From the dealership, not Ford corporate messaging.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Did you order from reproag?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.