Ford Bronco Order Update

15,336 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hoosierAG
HollywoodBQ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brother ordered his Bronco last week. They told him it would be ready by June.
It's a base model with the only option really being the engine upgrade and automatic transmission.
He had to go with the AT to get sign-off from the rib.
DTP02
AG
Is there any point in ordering one now?

I've gone back and forth about this car. I love the look and especially the modularity in terms of removing doors and top, but I've held off because of the pigeon-holing of some of the features I want and the carrying/towing shortcomings.

If I was to go in and reserve one now, is that going to do anything other than get me a car potentially just a short time before the initial demand glut has been met and dealers have inventory ?
mts6175
AG
I passed on ordering for 2021. The dealer couldn't even tell me if I would get a '21 or be automatically pushed to '22, so I didn't see the point in trying to order now if it's just going to be a '22 anyways. This release is so effn botched it's a turn off.
DeWrecking Crew
DTP02 said:

Is there any point in ordering one now?

I've gone back and forth about this car. I love the look and especially the modularity in terms of removing doors and top, but I've held off because of the pigeon-holing of some of the features I want and the carrying/towing shortcomings.

If I was to go in and reserve one now, is that going to do anything other than get me a car potentially just a short time before the initial demand glut has been met and dealers have inventory ?

Honestly, probably not worth reserving one now. There will be plenty of people back out come financing time and the dealers will have them on their lots. They'll probably be marked up, but you'll be able to get one. The only consideration for ordering right now is you can get the price locked in and the build signed, I'm pretty confident that there will be a price increase for MY22. Ford has already told those that have ordered a '21 but being pushed to a '22 that our price is guaranteed. The wording of the email basically made it sound like a price hike is coming. The order banks aren't open for '22 models yet.

Edit to add, you'll also obviously get exactly what you want if you order, but you'll be waiting a while.
cr0wbar
AG
Have told my dealership (Legacy in Rosenberg) that I was going to hold my reservation to see what the MY22 Heritage editions look like. I'm still only the $100 in for the reservation spot. I'll drive this beat up ass '11 Avalon for a little while longer anyway...
kubiak03
AG
looks like finally in production.
DeWrecking Crew
Nice, congratsdid you cave and order a soft top?
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
kubiak03 said:

looks like finally in production.
They'll build 14 before they run out of modules....
Ol_Ag_02
AG
No ***** I'm expecting my 2021 sometime in 2023 at this rate.

If Toyota had just come out with an actual legacy Landcruiser, not the ugly ass FJ, they couldn't saved me the trouble of ever having to deal with Ford.
chimpanzee
I might be in the market for a Raptor in ~2029, when do I need to get my paperwork submitted?
tk for tu juan
You can drive it in Forza Horizon 5 while you wait

BBRex
AG
The release date for Forza Horizon 5 is November 9, 2021, but we'll see if adding the new Bronco pushes it back.

G Martin 87
AG
I'll be shopping for a third vehicle about this time next year. Don't need the off-road capability as much as flood water fording in emergencies (we live in South Louisiana.) The Bronco is on the top of my wishlist, but honestly the Bronco Sport looks better than I expected. A fully loaded Sport Badlands is less than a 4-door Big Bend Bronco with hardtop. I'm not even sure if reserving a Bronco a year out would guarantee availability of a 22 at this point.
12th Man Ag
AG
I ordered a 2-door Big Bend edition for my daughter on 04 JUN 2021. I will be surprised if it doesn't turn into a 2022 model.
chimpanzee
12th Man Ag said:

I ordered a 2-door Big Bend edition for my daughter on 04 JUN 2021. I will be surprised if it doesn't turn into a 2022 model.

Sick way to tease a kid...
drumboy
AG
G Martin 87 said:

I'll be shopping for a third vehicle about this time next year. Don't need the off-road capability as much as flood water fording in emergencies (we live in South Louisiana.) The Bronco is on the top of my wishlist, but honestly the Bronco Sport looks better than I expected. A fully loaded Sport Badlands is less than a 4-door Big Bend Bronco with hardtop. I'm not even sure if reserving a Bronco a year out would guarantee availability of a 22 at this point.

How much is an Escape?
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
suburban cowboy
AG
They look too small
Dill-Ag13
AG
For the 890th time, you've only seen the Bronco Sport in person, not the big kahuna
Ol_Ag_02
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Hah, 2022.

I ordered on 15 JUN 2020 and won't get one until 2022.
DeWrecking Crew
12th Man Ag said:

Yeah, it's not a maybe, you will 100% be getting a 2022. I reserved on the second day that reservations opened on July 14th 2020, and I'll be getting a 2022. If you're willing to get a soft top it's your only chance to skip in line, but it'll still be a 2022. Webasto, the hardtop manufacturer, is having major problems so those that ordered soft tops are moving ahead of the earlier reservations with hardtops.
Old Sarge
12th Man Ag
AG
I haven't followed the issues closely, so I didn't know about the top. Was hoping the 2-door might help get pushed up the line.
WildcatAg
AG
Our local Ford dealer has this in the showroom. From looking around, it appears to be about the only vehicle they have available. Fortunately I was there pretty early in the morning so I missed the gaggle of neckbeards complaining that it was too small and should have been full-sized like the originals.

I assume the new Bronco's don't have the option of ostrich interior....yet.

YouBet
AG
Finally saw a sport in the wild this week.

Meh.
G Martin 87
AG
WildcatAg said:

Our local Ford dealer has this in the showroom. From looking around, it appears to be about the only vehicle they have available. Fortunately I was there pretty early in the morning so I missed the gaggle of neckbeards complaining that it was too small and should have been full-sized like the originals.

Not sure if serious.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
WildcatAg said:

Sweet ride but that's not a new bronco. It's a restomod.
G Martin 87
AG
If you just can't wait and you have around $220K laying around for a classic Bronco build, this is the place.

https://www.velocityrestorations.com/

Like this beautiful 1972 Bronco:
https://www.velocityrestorations.com/for-sale/classic-ford-broncos/1972-classic-ford-bronco-2/

Aggie118
AG
The wife and I are looking to trade her 2014 Ford F-150 King ranch for a Bronco.

Would those who are more in the know than us about production recommend reserving/building one or just waiting for them to be on the lot?.

It would be ideal if they were on the lot now so we could trade the truck while there's still a huge demand for used ones because of this chip crisis. We were thinking about getting the Bronco sport but the full size looks so much better/capable.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Aggie118 said:

The wife and I are looking to trade her 2014 Ford F-150 King ranch for a Bronco.

Would those who are more in the know than us about production recommend reserving/building one or just waiting for them to be on the lot?.

It would be ideal if they were on the lot now so we could trade the truck while there's still a huge demand for used ones because of this chip crisis. We were thinking about getting the Bronco sport but the full size looks so much better/capable.

You may not be able to just go grab one off a lot until late 2022 or 2023. If you want one you need to reserve one.
Aggie118
AG
Gotcha, my understanding is that if I place a custom order online for $100 I am not bound to actually purchase the vehicle later on if need be?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Correct. You'd just be out the $100
Picard
AG
YouBet said:

Finally saw a sport in the wild this week.

Meh.

Honey, I shrunk the Bronco! /Rick Moranis
SquanchyAg
G Martin 87 said:

If you just can't wait and you have around $220K laying around for a classic Bronco build, this is the place.

https://www.velocityrestorations.com/

Like this beautiful 1972 Bronco:
https://www.velocityrestorations.com/for-sale/classic-ford-broncos/1972-classic-ford-bronco-2/

people actually pay 220K for one of those? dang.
G Martin 87
AG
Put in my reservation yesterday. Don't mind waiting for a '22.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
No dual top roofs until 2023. I swear Ford is ****ing this up royally. Absolute **** show.

You only choice is a gray solid top, no paint matched colors, no dual tops, or a soft top. For potentially three years after you ordered. Idiots running this thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.