Ford Bronco Order Update

15,243 Views | 114 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hoosierAG
reproag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reservations can be converted into orders starting January 20, 2021
Conversion closes March 19, 2021
Production will begin after March 19 th
Reservations will remain in the order they were received (calculated to the minute).

So if you reserved your Bronco on Oct 1 at 09:00 AM and convert your reservation on March 19th your order will filled before someone with a reservation on Oct 1 at 09:01 and converts there reservation on Jan 20th
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Did you get an email from Ford about this? Not seeing anything yet.
DeWrecking Crew
I have a July 15 reservation, which is a Day 3 reservation, all the communication seems to be hinting at the fact that the only people that should be expecting their Bronco in 2021 are Day 1 reservation holders and some early Day 2 people, everyone else should expect 2022 delivery dates
tk for tu juan
Did barnes branch out to the Bronco forums?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/i-am-converting-my-order-jan-20th-what-should-i-expect.11386/post-413856

Quote:

I wish I had the time to devote to this buying process and self education as many of you folks have done. I made $250k last month alone. Seriously. So 3-4k is inconsequential to me........but I also don't want to get ripped off since I value every single dollar. I have a large down payment on two $200k cars. I literally forgot about one of them since I placed the deposit down 2 years ago and it still is not released. I am so busy in my life that I can't keep things straight on some of these things. So got it....I will walk to another dealer if they are asking above MSRP. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
DeWrecking Crew
My dealer had 404 reservations, I'm number 220 on their allocation list as a July 15 res holder, I think my dealer will probably get allocated somewhere in the 120 units range for MY 21...debating whether to stay with them because of pricing ($2K under invoice), or go to a different dealer where a July 15 reservation date ranks higher. i guess it just depends on how stupid some of these dealers are going to get with pricing.
reproag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Did you get an email from Ford about this? Not seeing anything yet.
It's up to the dealership to send them out. I'm working on that now
BBRex
AG
I really wanted in on this so bad, but more and more I'm glad I was forced to go a different route. I canceled my reservation in December.
Street Fighter
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

My dealer had 404 reservations, I'm number 220 on their allocation list as a July 15 res holder, I think my dealer will probably get allocated somewhere in the 120 units range for MY 21...debating whether to stay with them because of pricing ($2K under invoice), or go to a different dealer where a July 15 reservation date ranks higher. i guess it just depends on how stupid some of these dealers are going to get with pricing.

Theyll get pretty fooking stoopid I bet, and there are plenty if fookin stoopid buyers that will make it worth the mountains of stoopid they lay on the invoice.
Complete Idiot
tk for tu juan said:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/i-am-converting-my-order-jan-20th-what-should-i-expect.11386/post-413856

Quote:

I wish I had the time to devote to this buying process and self education as many of you folks have done. I made $250k last month alone. Seriously. So 3-4k is inconsequential to me........but I also don't want to get ripped off since I value every single dollar. I have a large down payment on two $200k cars. I literally forgot about one of them since I placed the deposit down 2 years ago and it still is not released. I am so busy in my life that I can't keep things straight on some of these things. So got it....I will walk to another dealer if they are asking above MSRP. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

If I can't even remember the $200K cars I've put a deposit down on, is life joyless at that point?
agdoc2001
AG
Cancelled mine today, so you're all 1 reservation closer. Congrats!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Fife
DeWrecking Crew said:

Your reservation will not be found. Try again in 2022.
tk for tu juan
Will there be at least one dealer stock to test drive in MY2021? Sounds like every order this year will be reservation only and dealer stock starts with MY2022
Roger350
AG
If it's anything like the '21 F150, dealer stock builds are built during low volume production ramp up until they hit OKTB and start normal production. Customer retail orders are built once they hit OKTB, but those first trucks built before OKTB are Dealer Stock Orders. What Dealers choose to do with the stock order is up to them - they may put a retail customer's name on them so to speak, and configure them the way the customer wants them, but in Ford's eyes they are a stock build. But with all the hype surrounding the Bronco, and the reservation system, it may work differently for them. Reproag has way more insight into how it all works, so take my input with a grain of salt until he comes along with the truth.
reproag
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Will there be at least one dealer stock to test drive in MY2021? Sounds like every order this year will be reservation only and dealer stock starts with MY2022
We know there will not be any 2021 retail Broncos and with the way the orders are going not anticipating any 2022 retail Broncos either.

Can't speak for anyone else but we are getting a Customer Transportation Program Bronco so we will have one for test drives.
Jbob04
AG
Y'all really like them ugly things?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Where you at? I haven't gotten any emails yet. And I'd damn sure like to drive one before I place my order
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Jbob04 said:

Y'all really like them ugly things?

Yeah. Hideous.
MouthBQ98
AG
Vehicle looks fine, those giant rims are terrible though.

Who wheels with larger diameter rims and shorter sidewalk tires? That would be like hiking in dress shoes.
reproag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Where you at? I haven't gotten any emails yet. And I'd damn sure like to drive one before I place my order
PM sent.
Bigballin
AG
I cancelled my reservation on Monday. Picking up my new 4Runner on Friday.
YouBet
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Quote:

That's amazing.

Can't even remember 1 of 2 deposits on two, $200k cars...but, by god, he's not paying over MSRP!!!
tk for tu juan
Cali dealer trying to add 5k ADM (if true).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/dealer-called-to-convert-surprise-5k-adm.11616/
Danther37
AG
New to the Automotive board but I got an email to submit my build and price specs to my dealer. However they are stating that I have to order the same model and trim as I made in my initial reservation back in July.

From what I've read on the bronco forums this doesn't appear to be the case but was wondering if anyone with a reservation has come across this?

Thanks in advance.
FTAco07
AG
A coworker just ordered his and definitely did not order the same trim level as his reservation.
DeWrecking Crew
This is not true...however, after you place your official order, they ask that you keep your changes to a minimum and you for sure won't be able to change trims
Danther37
AG
Thanks y'all, thats what I figured.

I hadn't planned on changing trims once ordered. I'm in the camp of mostly likely wanting to wait until the MY22 primarily to see what type of green is offered if at all. I'm not sure if I should submit an order now (which my specs would most likely put me into MY22) and then just change the order up once the MY22 is known.

I'm reaching out to my current dealer to get some information, but have always been on the fence to change dealers since I don't exactly have any personal ties to this dealership with my reservation.

Thanks again.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'm posting this in both Bronco threads.
I saw my first real live Bronco Sport parked on the street yesterday.

BRAggie2000
AG
Anyone know why some options are not available with certain trims or builds. For example you can't get the following with a 2.7L badlands with bead lock capable wheels:

Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner
Roof Rails with Crossbars Black
Paint Protection Film
Brush Guard
tk for tu juan
Curb weight, GVWR rating for MY2021, and the resulting low payload capacity.
BRAggie2000
AG
I get that with maybe brush guard, but 3M film on the hood would add little to no weight to the vehicle.
tk for tu juan
The Badlands with Sasquatch package is the most likely Bronco to be taken off-road. Ford probably does not want to cover warranty claims every time the PPF is scratched by a tree branch.
BRAggie2000
AG
Well just found out I'm 233 on my dealers list. If their conversion rate is 50% then I have a change of getting a 2021. It's not looking good. I'm officially depressed. Time to get drunk.
DeWrecking Crew
BRAggie2000 said:

Well just found out I'm 233 on my dealers list. If their conversion rate is 50% then I have a change of getting a 2021. It's not looking good. I'm officially depressed. Time to get drunk.

Actually, the lower the conversion rate, the less the dealership gets allocated...so the math isn't that linear
MouthBQ98
AG
Simplified production line packages or they are holding them for dealer adds with HUGE markups.
BRAggie2000
AG
DeWrecking Crew said:

BRAggie2000 said:

Actually, the lower the conversion rate, the less the dealership gets allocated...so the math isn't that linear

I think with my dealer they will get a minimum of 120 based on its location. Being in Frisco their allocation will either stay as is or go up. I think I may still have a shot, but it's going to come down to the wire. F me for waiting till October to reserve.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.