Interest in TDI

6,780 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by WP69
Jethro95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried out the TDI Fuel Nozzle Adapter this evening to put some Standyne additive in before fueling. Worked well.

Complete Idiot
drumboy said:

Did you get the service history from the dealership or was it private party?
I saw service visits on carfax but also later registered on MyAudi website and you can see service history there as well - it lined up with the carfax report.

I bought from a father and son who run an investment company doing various ventures in addition to normal jobs. Back at the time of the VW/Audi buyback and penalty payments they flipped a couple cars and made like $15K. Flipped three or four more and did nearly as well per car. Then bought a batch of 24 cars and it all fell apart and they couldn't move them, this one I bought they had a year and he stated they paid $31K for it early 2018 but I find that hard to believe given what they sold it to me for - he was probably confusing it with another unit but I did find they had this one listed at $24K almost a year ago. He did state he figured they lost $180K all in, even with the early successes.
ag09
AG
Does anybody have any experience with Malone tuning and their Econo tune?

I'm getting 45mpg in the Jetta on the highway and wondering if it's worth it and if there's any problems with a TDI tune?
WP69
AG
ag09 said:

Does anybody have any experience with Malone tuning and their Econo tune?

I'm getting 45mpg in the Jetta on the highway and wondering if it's worth it and if there's any problems with a TDI tune?
Spend some time here. Malone has a good rep.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4
WP69
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Found this....

3.0 V6 TDI Engine Problems and Reliability

The technically sophisticated 3.0 TDI requires a lot of effort and money for any repair. Based on consumer reports, unfortunately, the 3.0 TDI V6 is almost unable to pass 200,000 miles without an overhaul. Often serious problems begin to appear after only 100,000 miles. The timing chain tensioner is the weak point of this engine. Its breakage causes grinding when the engine starts. The first 3.0 TDI was equipped with piezoelectric injectors, which quickly went out of order. They provided a shortage of fuel supplied to the cylinders. As a result, a reduced fuel mixture led to an increase in temperature and a pistons burnout.
VAG changed the 3.0L TDI in the 2013 model year. One of the changes was going from 4 timing chains to 2. Lots of good info on this site.
https://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/V6-TDI-engine-FAQ.htm

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.