Pickup truck selection questions

3,968 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Drip99
Goodest Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgToadie said:

jftx04 said:

Just got a new STX. Aftermarket heated and cooling leather seats was 2300. Walked out for $28,600. 2 inch lift/level and realign ($350) Swapped the 20s out and put Nitro grapplers(33s), powdercoated rims to match truck. Bull bar, husky floor mats. Nov,6, my lights go in to get smoked and get my bed cover. My last 4 trucks in order went King Ranch, Lariat, XLT with 302A, and now this. The older KR was my favorite, but this one is easily 2nd.

Only thing i wish i had done differently is the engine. My last truck was 5.0 and didnt care for it so i went back to boost. My next one will be a 5.0 so i can put the Rousch 650hp turbo on it. Looks like most aftermarket enhances for boost arent too popular.

TLDR: go get what you like, that you can afford. Theyre all luxury vehicles nowadays.

Jftx,

Can you break down that out the door price? Was that for a 2wd? After a trade? Wondering if I got hosed on my STX. Seems like $32-35 out the door is the going rate for a 2.7 or 5.0 4x4 STX.

Thanks!

2x4, 2.7 boost. Sorry for the "vague info". Wasnt trying to measure cocks. Point was, the lower end trucks these days are still pretty mich luxury vehicles. Last 3 trucks were 4x4 and i virtually never used it. So, i got the same look with a 2 inch level/lift.

No trade. I sold my truck to a third party. However I did an
"in and out" with the buyer at the dealership so i basically paid no taxes. That would account for some of the difference. You def paid more than I did, but i wont rush to say you "overpaid".
Drip99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jftx04 said:

htxag09 said:

Or my '11 F-150 that's still going strong with 150,000 miles. I bought it for $31 and it's worth ~$15k trade in now. Not a bad depreciation for 7+ years, either

Or my 2015 F150 i paid 34k and just sold last week for 32k.
Invariably, any product that does exponential volume compared to competitors will have more issues. This day in age,i dont think the "Toyota makes a better truck" argument applies. Maybe at certain intervals in the past- not now.

Other guy answered the question. Yes the aftermarket I chose was Katskinz. It was about 1200 cheaper than hecho de mano hombre. Texas Auto Trim, $2300, 4 days.

So you don't think there is any benefit to reliability for Toyota's method of sticking with the same proven platform, powertrain, minimal tech, etc. over the big 3? I can't say they make a "better" truck but they are committed to building reliable products and the resell values are tops on the industry. If you are looking for mpg, tech, Bells and whistles, etc then the tundra is not for u but if u want a truck that just works it's worth considering and researching.

I am currently in a 18 5.7 4x4 crewmax tundra and get anywhere from 14.5-15.5 mpg where I live. I came from a 15 3.5 boost 4x2 supercrew with 3.15 rear end and got 16.5-18 mpg hand calculated. There are trade offs but a few mpg was worth it to me for a reliable product.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.