Which brodozer would you buy?

8,878 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MouthBQ98
BigPuma
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Get a 2wd and bro that out. It will save you money since 3/4 of brodozer owners never take theirs off anything tougher than a bumpy gravel road. You laugh, but I've seen a few 2wD trucks all dozered out.
the 4wd on these heavy ass trucks is worthless anyway.
I can get up and down the hill at my lease in my twofiddy only because of 4wd and lockers.
chimpanzee
In terms of brodozer appreciation, I like the looks of the new Nissan Titan HD's when lifted. They may be crap for all I know, but they're not bad looking.
MisterScott
AG
Respectfully disagree, get a 4X4 especially if you are looking for a brodozer. Only trucks that get lifted and are two wheel drive a desert pre-runners. They are useful in very specific situation. You are better off getting a lower trim level and spending the coin on 4X4. My first truck was 4X2 and everyone after, even ten years in Dallas was 4X4.
MisterScott
AG
chimpanzee said:

In terms of brodozer appreciation, I like the looks of the new Nissan Titan HD's when lifted. They may be crap for all I know, but they're not bad looking.
My feelings on the new Titans is the front overhang is too big. The 5.0 Cummins V8 is a strong motor and really could be the determining factor in buying. Dodge made not great trucks for many years and people bought them JUST for Cummins.
chimpanzee
MisterScott said:

chimpanzee said:

My feelings on the new Titans is the front overhang is too big. The 5.0 Cummins V8 is a strong motor and really could be the determining factor in buying. Dodge made not great trucks for many years and people bought them JUST for Cummins.

Agree on the overhang on a stock height truck, it looks more proportional when lifted to my eye, but as with all such things, it's entirely subjective.
mbaag08
AG
Spot freaking on.
MouthBQ98
AG
I'm just poking fun at people that spend thousands putting 4x4 type accessories on a 2wd truck.

Fwiw, 4x4 has its uses on full size trucks, but serious off-roading isn't one of them. It's more like not getting stuck quite so easily on a particularly rough patch of road or slick spot or when it is a bit snowy or icy. There is a reason you almost never see them on more serious off-road trails: high centering, weight making ground pressure and inertia too high, and crap turn radius.

They can power through mud on huge tires or on a straight line trail up a steeper section, but hit some rock, something requiring lots of off-camber driving, soft ground, soft sand, deep snow, deep ruts, and especially switchbacks, and they're at a serious disadvantage. It's still useful to have it when you need it, despite that.

Basically it's me saying brodozers can mud, and climb straight line, and not much more.
mts6175
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

I'm just poking fun at people that spend thousands putting 4x4 type accessories on a 2wd truck.

Fwiw, 4x4 has its uses on full size trucks, but serious off-roading isn't one of them. It's more like not getting stuck quite so easily on a particularly rough patch of road or slick spot or when it is a bit snowy or icy. There is a reason you almost never see them on more serious off-road trails: high centering, weight making ground pressure and inertia too high, and crap turn radius.

They can power through mud on huge tires or on a straight line trail up a steeper section, but hit some rock, something requiring lots of off-camber driving, soft ground, soft sand, deep snow, deep ruts, and especially switchbacks, and they're at a serious disadvantage. It's still useful to have it when you need it, despite that.

Basically it's me saying brodozers can mud, and climb straight line, and not much more.
No offense, but who's buying a 3/4 ton or 1 ton truck to go rock crawling? I'm not buying it to go out to Northwest OHV in Bridgeport and see how fast I can make it through the trails or try to keep up the FJ's and Jeeps on Imogene Pass. Pretty much no vehicle without serious modifications can handle the **** you just listed. But it can handle 90% of the stuff the average person will need it for that works in construction, the oilfield, or farms/ranches.....
MouthBQ98
AG
That's my point. It has its usefulness on big trucks, but offroading isnt really one of them, even with thousands of dollars of impressive looking aftermarket mods.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.