Which brodozer would you buy?

8,795 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MouthBQ98
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
'17 2500 HD Denali or '17 F250 Lariat?

And nobody's got time for your gas or diesel questions.

Corps_Ag12
AG
I'm bias so I say Sierra (drive a Silverado 2500(
EskimoJoe
Denali.
clarythedrill
Have you looked at the High Country's? Just as nice as the Denali and probably a little lower priced.

Of those two, the GM for sure.
gig em 02
Does the Denali have rear air vents?
AgEng06
AG
The Sierra
TRIDENT
AG
Denali.Disclaimer: my 2008 GMC Duramax has been a great truck with very few issues since brand new.
Dennis Reynolds
F250
FIDO*98*
AG
You people are nuckin futs. Take the F250 all day everyday over the GM if you plan on keeping it more than 2 years
lawless89
F250 leveled out with 35s.

/end thread
moore42
AG
FIDO*98* said:

You people are nuckin futs. Take the F250 all day everyday over the GM if you plan on keeping it more than 2 years
The irony is that most ford owners dont keep it 2 years....
TX_AG_10
AG
Dirtymax all day brah!
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Ferd
Canyon99
Ford brah
Gigemags05
AG
I drive an F250 and I would definitely choose the Denali.

This is a terrible forum to ask that question on. To even out the odds you should divide the ford votes by 4 and compare to total number of GM votes. This forum has a major infatuation with ford, to the point that if you took the ford badging and put it on a GM vehicle and vice versa, people would pick the vehicle with the ford badging.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Something something round peg square hole
mts6175
AG
Gigemags05 said:

This is a terrible forum to ask that question on. To even out the odds you should divide the ford votes by 4 and compare to total number of GM votes. This forum has a major infatuation with ford, to the point that if you took the ford badging and put it on a GM vehicle and vice versa, people would pick the vehicle with the ford badging.

Well, it's 8-5 Denali right now, so your theory doesn't work.
Silvy
AG
Wrong, it's 8 - 1.25
mts6175
AG
silverado_lover said:

Wrong, it's 8 - 1.25
Touche'
Gigemags05
AG
My theory isnt necessarily wrong. It just means that the Denali would win by more on other sites.

I gotta admit that I'm surprised the ford fan boys aren't dominating this thread.
mts6175
AG
Gigemags05 said:

My theory isnt necessarily wrong. It just means that the Denali would win by more on other sites.

I gotta admit that I'm surprised the ford fan boys aren't dominating this thread.

That's more along the lines of my thoughts, but I'll go along with the sarcasm
03_Aggie
Gigemags05 said:

Why?
BurnetAggie99
Ford

Gigemags05
AG
i think the gm rides better, looks better. Has a better fit and finish.

I like the f250 but there's always something small going wrong with it. In my experience gm has been more dependable.
ILikeTacos
AG
I love the interior cab room on the new f250, love the 8" display on the ram and everything else about the Denali. It's a good problem to have.
Buck O Five
AG
The government lost $11 billion on the GM bailout after all the dust settled. Short memories for some here.
Silvy
AG
mts6175
AG
Buck O Five said:

The government lost $11 billion on the GM bailout after all the dust settled. Short memories for some here.

And people continue to ignore the fact Ford took out a government loan to refinance their assets just prior to the official bailout which is the only reason they didn't participate in it.

Every auto maker ****ed the American taxpayer in some way. I've moved on, you should too.

And for the record I currently drive a F250.
Buck O Five
AG
Ford made a prudent business decision when the capital markets were flush, and didn't lose any of my tax dollars.
Gigemags05
AG
That's fine if that's where you want to make your stand. More power to you. I hope you grow all your own food. Almost all of our agricultural products are subsidized by the government.

I prefer to buy what best suits my wants and needs. If I start involving politics in all my purchases I won't be able to buy anything.
mts6175
AG
Buck O Five said:

Ford made a prudent business decision when the capital markets were flush, and didn't lose any of my tax dollars.

Should probably research it a little if that's what you believe. They still owe you money.....
BurnetAggie99
Ford didn't take TARP money because they lowered their cost, rebranded their vechicle options, sold off certain Ford owned brands like Jaguar and renegotiated with their Union workers. Ford took a government loan that was offered with Term Asset Securities Loan Facility. Taking a Loan and getting a Bailout are not the same.

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670
mts6175
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Ford didn't take TARP money because they lowered their cost, rebranded their vechicle options, sold off certain Ford owned brands like Jaguar and renegotiated with their Union workers. Ford took a government loan that was offered with Term Asset Securities Loan Facility. Taking a Loan and getting a Bailout are not the same.

https://www.thebalance.com/auto-industry-bailout-gm-ford-chrysler-3305670

You keep telling yourself that. They took $25 Billion in taxpayer funded loans (loans made by the government when banks weren't lending, they were waiting on their bailout too) against their assets and Ford still owes the American Taxpayer's money today (close to $5 Billion last time I looked). While I won't disagree it was a smarter move than the other automakers, if the American Taxpayer's wouldn't have loaned the money (via our great government) Ford would have gone bankrupt. Anyway you want to try and justify it, they took a government handout to stay afloat just like the rest of them did.

TARP was a gigantic loan, that the total amount all companies borrowed has been paid back with a substantial amount of interest ($15.9 Billion is the last figure I saw).

If people really want to get mad about TARP, they should probably look at the banks first, considering only 4 of the 500 or so banks that took TARP funds has actually paid back their debts and the rest are lobbying to get their debts waived. I'm sure those complaining about the automakers don't do business with those guys too though (cough cough)........
Madman
AG
The current F250 looks badass and I normally don't like ford styling.
PFG
AG
Have a 2017 F250

Would vote 2017 F250

GM is behind on their interior dash styling and center stack. Ferd did good.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.