Looking at getting a Jeep......

13,500 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Schall 02
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not much jeep left in that jeep but the body. That's lots of mods, and not the bolt on type.

I wonder what the underneath view looks like.
Street Fighter
AG
If it runs decent, offer him six and tell to keep that cage.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Did that model come stock with a 360?
Corps_Ag12
AG
So update is that i still haven't found one that i want yet (aka for what they are asking), but I found these two:

1978 CJ-5 Levi's Edition

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4327890699.html

Only thing left on it that says Levi's edition is the stickers. Seats have been replaced, no top. I'd be comfortable paying $6,000 for this one.

1981 CJ-5

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4381640111.html

E-mailed him, he says it doesn't have any problems other than the fuel gauge doesn't work. Still waiting on an answer about rust. Claims it was restored recently. I'd be comfortable paying $6,500 for this one.

Would have to buy a Bimini top for either one.

Thoughts?
AG
I'd go with the 78.

The 81 has some wierd stuff like extra holes in the back of the tub and mirrors that don't fit.

I also think a 78 is better built, but taht is another thread
AG
I'll be in that zip code tomorrow and probably Sunday if you want someone to look at it with you. I have a knack for ripping apart poorly modified CJs, takes one to know one I guess.
Schall 02
AG
I think you're going to have be comfortable spending more than that if you want either of those Jeeps. I like the "low miles" '78 myself. Appears to have been babied.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.