WestFest cancelled

1,634 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Somebody do a welfare check on Bohunk
mazzag
AG
WTH. Isn't that in the fall?
HollywoodBQ
Captain Pablo
AG
mazzag said:

WTH. Isn't that in the fall?

Labor Day, I think
mazzag
AG
I'm hoping Bohunk is the loudest voice against this. I don't think they live in west anymore but doesn't make their love for the community any less. FFS. they thrive on outsiders for their economy.
BohunkAg
AG
I'm not on the board, but I believe this has more to do with logistics than anything. For example, the Knights of Columbus booth that we have, we don't know if we will be able to get all the raw materials for all the food we need to make all weekend. We are still talking about having some semblance of our food booth, but are VERY unsure whether we can get yeast for our beer bread for example. There are so many unknowns. And we are closer than you think to having to be able to having to start getting everything together.

Additionally, many of the people that put it on are getting advanced in age. The sad fact of the matter with anything like this these days (especially in a small town) is that everyone wants to go out and have fun and party, but no one wants to do that damn work. The people that do the work apparently decided that they couldn't pull it off in time with all the challenges going on. Yes, it'll be a financial hit, but it is what it is.
Matsui
AG
Popped in geriks on Tuesday. Not a worker wearing a mask (counted 4 of them).
BohunkAg
AG
Matsui said:

Popped in geriks on Tuesday. Not a worker wearing a mask (counted 4 of them).

I bet they are now. There was no mask order in West before Abbott put it in place.
Ol Jock 99
AG
A big thing we are facing with similar event in Dallas is sponsors. Our event takes at least $70k in fixed costs to pull off, and we like to cover as much of that as possible for sponsors. Given the general economic environment, coupled with "hey, we're likely to get told 'no' by the gov't a day before the event anyway", that is an impossible ask to make of them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.