Best hole in the wall seafood up and down coast

26,847 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by tree91
Brush Country Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

RethinkTheWeekend said:

Am I missing out on a KAYC secret member newsletter?

There is a monthly email/newsletter. My wife gets it. Not sure how she got onto it.

Call Sandy at the club. She or Faye can get you set up. Comes to your email.
SwimminWithSharks
AG
VietCajun in Galveston. It's off of Seawall as you head westward. In that shopping center in front of the movie theater. Love going there. Great staff and food. And not pricey.
Well, okay then
AG
Agasaurus Tex said:

I would chose Shrimp N' Stuff (39th and Ave O) over Benno's. They both pretty much offer the same menu.
Long-time Shrimp N' Stuff customer here. Just now ate at Benno's. May end up choosing it when I'm only here long enough to eat at one. There are some additional menu items here, including Muffalettas.
whatthehey78
AG
AnScAggie said:

How is King's Inn in Riviera not on this list yet?

I've eaten at King's Inn since '61 (My sister's wedding rehearsal dinner). Served family style. Avacado tossed salad is best I've ever had as are their onion rings. Tartar sauce is 'spicey' with crushed crackers in it. Seats quite a few...but be aware, the place is usually packed and 30-45 minute wait is typical.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Agasaurus Tex said:

+1 for Sonny's. A Galveston institution and Junior (the owner) is the best. The place looks a little shady from the outside but is 100 percent family friendly.
Junior has passed.

Quote:

Lawrence Puccetti Jr.

August 4, 1930 - January 22, 2024

It is with heavy hearts we share that Junior has gone to be with his lord and savior. He died peacefully surrounded by family and friends. Though we are grieving, we are comforted that Junior has been reunited with his wife, Melba , and his son, Larry. Junior was a beloved father, grandfather and friend. We know he will be missed by so many. Funeral visitation wil begin at 2 pm and services will begin at 3 pm, Friday, January 26, 2024 at J. Levy & Termini Funeral Home, 2128 Broadway, Galveston, Texas.
Sonny's Place will be closed as we take this time to grieve.
Agasaurus Tex
AG
RIP, Junior.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
https://www.chron.com/gulf-coast/article/galveston-sonnys-restaurant-owner-death-18623059.php?utm_campaign=CMS&fbclid=IwAR34slO9mb6Jw7AK1d-4N2z-Rjtmap7PK2XihpqwEB-jlphDjlE1pviEzYI
tree91
AG
Junior always had a nice, clean joke ready for mixed company and a good dirty joke after the women went and sat down at the table. And then there was the mustard bottle.

RIP, Junior. Thanks for the memories, dressed shrimp buns, and grilled muffulettas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.