Blinds

2,245 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BlueMiles
RockOn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who should I call for blind installation? Need a whole house done.

Also who do I call for termite spraying?
suprafly03
AG
Dillon Blinds from Athens makes a great blind.

As they say, "Blinds to last a lifetime ".

http://dillonmanuf.com
Stive
AG
When we added on we used a guy/company called The Blind Man. He was really easy to work with, seemed very fair on pricing compared to the others we spoke with, showed up on time and acted very professional.

I have zero clue if his work was better than his competitors....all I know is my blinds all work and we haven't had any trouble with any of them for the 2+ years we've had them.
RockOn
Also thinking of measuring and ordering from blinds.com and installing myself.
Josepi
AG
The used The Blind Man as well. Got a fair number of Plantation shutters in several rooms. They seemed like nice guys, showed up when they were supposed to, sent a painted sample for us to approve, and the blinds seem to be pretty decent quality. I have no idea how their prices compare, but my wife usually shops these types of things pretty carefully.

He had done the blinds on our house for the previous owner 20+ years ago, so they have been around a while.
magnumtmp
AG
RockOn said:

Also thinking of measuring and ordering from blinds.com and installing myself.

I went to Lowes in Longview and special ordered Levolor blinds and installed myself. Not hard at all. We still spend over $800 for 11 blinds, but they are nice. This was only a few months ago, so can't speak to the longevity.
aelkins12
AG
I'm class of '12 and work in marketing for Blinds.com. We're based in Houston, but ship to the whole country.

If you happen to need custom blinds and are open to installing on your own, be sure to get a quote from us. Our prices are much lower than designers who come to your home and we have videos to walk you through the install process. It's really easier than you might think and you can save a bunch not paying a pro!

Whether or not you go with us, let me know if I an answer any questions for you!

-Abigail Sawyer
abigails@blinds.com
RockOn
Abigail, am I reading the website right that I need at least a 3/4" depth for inside mounted blinds (2" faux wood)?
aelkins12
AG
Exactly. If you only have 3/4" of depth, you'll be able to install your blinds, but they will protrude quite a bit beyond the window molding. If you have 3" of depth you'll be able to install flush with the molding.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
BlueMiles
AG
My family has used blinds.com. We were happy with the results.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.