2022 Tropics

5,399 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by PJYoung
RGV AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, as per typical. I don't think they can come close to predicting this far out.
PJYoung
AG
Might have some tropical fun in the Gulf of Mexico in a week or so

PJYoung
AG
Everything I've looked at says it will hit NE of here from the Texas/LA state line and east.
PJYoung
AG

Trending east to Florida's West coast.
Duckhook
AG
Yeah, not too worried about it right now.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
carl spacklers hat
Just have to keep an eye on the track. If it stays south, then it could threaten the South Texas coast but I don't think we've had an impact from a hurricane that didn't travel over the Yucatan first (excludes Gulf-forming storms).
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
PJYoung
AG
Dr. Levi Cowan says we should know by Sunday which fork it's gonna take.

He didn't even mention a far southernly track into Central America. He was talking about middle upper gulf coast or the west coast of Florida as the two forks.

PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
PJYoung
AG

Duckhook
AG
PJ, you've got a voicemail.
PJYoung
AG
carl spacklers hat
They got the Florida landfall right. Are people beotching because they missed the direct location or something?

That 10/2 location might f-up my travel schedule. Flying out of RIC on Sunday.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG

RGV AG
AG
Spent 11 years in Nicaragua, and boy do I miss it. That country has 2 seasons; mud and dust. They are coming to the end of the mud season, will end about November 15th. It is amazing how predictable the weather is down there, dust season will be in full effect by late December and run through about May 15th.

I have seen plenty of gullywashers like that in Central America, but when the rains are heavy at toward the end of the mud season the ground is so very saturated that the water has nowhere to go.

A friend of mine has a farm about 20 miles Northwest of Managua, and I never believed her when she said that you could dig down about 8 to 10 feet and hit almost flowing water. We were out there one day and they were needed water for something and they rounded up about 10 guys and shoveling they did go. Sure as sheet, about 6 feed the mud started, about 7 feet mostly water and about 8-9' down gurgling water. I had never seen such a thing.

Water won't pool up in those areas, it runs somewhere or goes into the earth. You might have a 5" rain over night and by morning it looks like a small shower went through.

Where those countries trick screw themselves is in clearing land. The big lakes in Nicaragua have silted in something like 15 or 20 feet in the last 30 years or so all due to run off. Landslides and raging runoffs are a real deal down there.
PJYoung
AG
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.