Hurricane recovery

1,211 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PJYoung
oldvalleyrat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have finally just about recovered from Hanna. Storm seem worse than I was expecting. I foolishly irrigated my 1.25 acre yard two days before the storm and suffered from it. I lost a 50 foot Arizona Ash tree. The tree was already here in the yard when we moved here in 2001 and was a large tree. The wind blew palm tree trash all over the yard. We have 13 Washingtonian palms and they made a terrible mess. I lost a lot of limbs on mesquites.

I am too old to work in this kind of heat and mosquitoes and I am undergoing chemo so I had one of my grandsons clean up the mess in the yard and hired Southern Landscaping to come in and chop up the big down tree, It took 2 guys a week to chop up the tree and haul it off. Now the other grandson mowed the yard for me. Finally had my son in law repair my fence that blew over in a couple of places. Thank god for family!

Sure glad that the yard is back in pretty good shape. The early irrigation caused water to stand in my yard for a week so it really stunk up the place and encouraged mosquito.

I hope that everyone was able to come out of the storm OK.

All organizations are perfectly aligned for the results they get.
OXDL45
AG
Glad for the most part all was good at your house and you had some good family help. The track of the storm really shifted the last 48 hours, all seemed to happen very fast. My Mom's house had some roof & interior damage but fortunately all is almost repaired and will be covered be the insurance.

Stay safe and praying you BTHO cancer!
PJYoung
AG
Yeah I watered my lawn the week of the storm because I didn't expect to get much rain. Boy was I wrong.

Hopefully that's it for us this season.

Good luck with your chemo!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.