Houston
Sponsored by

SJL on a rant about her staff

19,514 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by cajunaggie08
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Perfect candidate for mayor!

Martin Q. Blank
If they work for her, she's not wrong.
Sea Speed
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

If someone that works for me forgets a date I dont spend minutes berating them, and my occupation is notorious for petty tyrants. It is actually a trope.
BrazosDog02
AG
Damn, that's full ghetto !

I feel like there are brief moments where it seems like she is grappling at proper grammar with brief glimpses of professional language but then hood rat wins out.
wessimo
AG
Absolutely nothing surprising about that audio given her reputation. Hope she loses the mayoral race badly and fades into oblivion.
T Durden
AG
Amazing leadership! She's got my vote.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Just gained a bit more respect for SJL.
Sea Speed
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

You had some to begin with?
BrazosDog02
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

To your point, there is nothing more frustrating than an subordinates incompetence.
Ghost91
And as always, this will get zero attention. And as always, if this had been some white congressman, it would be round the clock OMG the bullying, lack-of-safe-space, racist, sexist, white demon man.
All staff members referenced would go on to write books about their "journey", and make six figures on the lib school lecture circuit about courage and awareness stuff.

Such horsesh***.
Unemployed
AG
Am I the only person who don't think this is that big of a deal?

People with power and authority tend to be a-holes. I'm sure SJL is probably a bigger a-hole than most, however.
Unemployed
AG
Ghost91 said:

And as always, this will get zero attention. And as always, if this had been some white congressman, it would be round the clock OMG the bullying, lack-of-safe-space, racist, sexist, white demon man.
All staff members referenced would go on to write books about their "journey", and make six figures on the lib school lecture circuit about courage and awareness stuff.

Such horsesh***.
It's going to be okay, man.
southwestag
The white congressmen just pat them on the head and they walk away and then pay them to provide leaked footage

They do it just as bad but will hit you in the pocketbooks much harder with a smile on their faces - some didn't get Rich overnight by being nice

Those guys knew what'll happen when they signed on for SJL - all those folks are different when the cameras go away
Ghost91
RealTalk said:

Ghost91 said:

Such horsesh***.
It's going to be okay, man.

Oh yeah, no problem at all with this double-standard being our reality. Just wink and laugh at the ones pointing it out.
TX04Aggie
AG
It's (D)ifferent.
chico
AG
Ghost91 said:

Such horsesh***.

Currently on the news and politics pages of the Houston Chronicle app. I've seen it here on TexAgs. I've seen it on Reddit. It's getting attention
TarponChaser
Not surprising. SheJack has been consistently rated as one of the worst, most abusive members to work for in Congress for her entire career. She's a garbage human being.

Nothing more than a race-baiting, camera-hogging, corrupt grifter.
Ciboag96
There's a reason she can't keep any staff longer than 6 months.
Kenneth_2003
AG
TarponChaser said:

Not surprising. SheJack has been consistently rated as one of the worst, most abusive members to work for in Congress for her entire career. She's a garbage human being.

Seems this would be the kind of news/revelation that full time city employees would want to know when they go to the polls.
TarponChaser
Kenneth_2003 said:

TarponChaser said:

Seems this would be the kind of news/revelation that full time city employees would want to know when they go to the polls.

It's been pretty well publicized for a long time. Her constituents don't care.
maroon barchetta
TarponChaser said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

TarponChaser said:

It's been pretty well publicized for a long time. Her constituents are not citizens who educate themselves about their leadership or the issues upon which they are voting.

FIFY
Ciboag96
maroon barchetta said:

TarponChaser said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

TarponChaser said:

It's been pretty well publicized for a long time. Her constituents are not citizens who are educated.

FIFY
FIFY
Captain Winky
I thought that was pretty funny actually.
HtownAg92
AG
Captain Winky said:

I thought that was pretty funny actually.
Me too. She gets a solid grade for that berating. It was to the point, didn't mince words, used appropriate cussing and degrading insults.

Her opponent should somehow race card this thing -- "This is how SJL treats her BLACK employees and what she thinks about the BLACKS on her staff generally."
txaggieacct85
AG
I was working out at my neighborhood workout center this morning and they have a number of TVs playing on silent with CC turned on.

I NEVER watch the crazy ladies on The View, but the TV right in front of me had it on.

I noticed the View ladies were denying that was Sheila Jackson Lees voice.

just wow.
BBRex
AG
It looks like what y'all are saying is that working for women sucks.
maroon barchetta
txaggieacct85 said:

I was working out at my neighborhood workout center this morning and they have a number of TVs playing on silent with CC turned on.

I NEVER watch the crazy ladies on The View, but the TV right in front of me had it on.

I noticed the View ladies were denying that was Sheila Jackson Lees voice.

just wow.

Libs protecting Libs. In the media no less.

Shocking.
leachfan
That would be me if I managed people.
Rex Racer
AG
She said nobody in her office knows anything.

She's not wrong.
CSTXAg92
AG
Sea Speed said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

If someone that works for me forgets a date I dont spend minutes berating them, and my occupation is notorious for petty tyrants. It is actually a trope.
You don't think this is real?
Sea Speed
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

Sea Speed said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

You don't think this is real?

What?
Bigballin
AG
KHOU just reported there was a fight at her campaign office with a guy named Womack and someone else.

Guess she has a culture of being hood
Triple S
S
TarponChaser said:

Where are these ratings? Would be awesome if they did them quarterly like a Football poll. .
"Eat more do-nuts and less lists" - Dennis Franchonie
Kenneth_2003
AG
ABC 13 just did a piece about it. She didn't deny it was her.
chico
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/houston/article/sheila-jackson-lee-confirms-tape-real-aplogizes-18443743.php

She released a half-baked non-apology
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.