Houston
Sponsored by

Rodeo 2k22

46,006 Views | 440 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Wonderer
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

Chewy said:

I'm 99% certain that Rodeo will go off without any issues including no masks but Clay Jenkins who's Hidalgo's equivalent in Dallas has a mask mandate. It's obviously up for debate how enforceable it is but it's in effect. I assume it's just being ignored but Jenkins can point to his supporters it's in place.

I think Hidalgo knows better than to stir this up at this point so it won't be an issue. But, the fact that NRG is county owned leaves some room for a possibility as she has some pretty strong strings to the venue.

My understanding is HLSR couldn't get the occupancy certificate signed off on last year which is why Rodeo didn't happen.

I think it's gonna be fine but that county owned thing is a slight variable. These people can be ARE idiots.

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Chewy said:

I'm 99% certain that Rodeo will go off without any issues including no masks but Clay Jenkins who's Hidalgo's equivalent in Dallas has a mask mandate. It's obviously up for debate how enforceable it is but it's in effect. I assume it's just being ignored but Jenkins can point to his supporters it's in place.

I think Hidalgo knows better than to stir this up at this point so it won't be an issue. But, the fact that NRG is county owned leaves some room for a possibility as she has some pretty strong strings to the venue.

My understanding is HLSR couldn't get the occupancy certificate signed off on last year which is why Rodeo didn't happen.

I think it's gonna be fine but that county owned thing is a slight variable. These people can be idiots.
I am 80% sure the permits are signed already for 2022
jja79
AG
NHL and college basketball games are being cancelled. The NFL is tightening it's Covid protocols. I hope this is not the winter of our discontent.
Stat Monitor Repairman
A lot of folks in denial that this is ramping back up.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

a lot of folks DGAF about it
Sea Speed
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

This is true but I'm afraid thats not going to stop the insane rule makers who just seem to be itching for the chance to **** on the people again.
Irish 2.0
Sea Speed said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

This is true but I'm afraid thats not going to stop the insane rule makers who just seem to be itching for the chance to **** on the people again.

The red states won't listen to Biden. This will hurt the liberal states and further push the moderates to republicans in 2022 is they go lockdown ape **** again.
Dallas Police Department is full of crooked cops that lied about Mrs. Angela West and tried to destroy her name and reputation
jja79
AG
I've been DGAF since the beginning but it's not us out here living normally that will tighten the noose. It's the power hungry *******s in government.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
jja79 said:

I've been DGAF since the beginning but it's not us out here living normally that will tighten the noose. It's the power hungry *******s in government.
at some point, people are going to revolt in some way against their tyranny.
jja79
AG
I just walked out in the lobby of the bank where I work. 14 people at the teller line, 11 wearing masks. I would say over the past 2 or 3 weeks half or more of the people in here are wearing masks. The fear mongers are working overtime.
drumboy
AG
Boo Weekley said:

Chewy said:

Is this a good place to post this for general thoughts and comments?

Basically a Texas Beiber, change my mind.

Nothing wrong with that, he'll get your woman in the mood for you.

Which one of y'all is this?
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
AgLA06
AG
I wasn't worried much about it, but I think there's some sabers being rattled by the county. The tone from inside HLSR changed this week and they suddenly seem worried it couldbe shut down.

Irish 2.0
AgLA06 said:

I wasn't worried much about it, but I think there's some sabers being rattled by the county. The tone from inside HLSR changed this week and they suddenly seem worried it couldbe shut down.

Cowards. Time to go about life. The ****ing virus isn't going anywhere
Dallas Police Department is full of crooked cops that lied about Mrs. Angela West and tried to destroy her name and reputation
TexAgs1992
Shut down the rodeo again and watch Lina lose in 2022. People are fed up and will show up to vote her out.
Sea Speed
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

Shut down the rodeo again and watch Lina lose in 2022. People are fed up and will show up to vote her out.

I honestly don't think she cares. I believe she has national aspirations and closing this thing down would certainly be another feather in her cap, so to speak.
W
AG
yep, Lina is the biggest threat to the rodeo
Stat Monitor Repairman
TexAgs1992 said:

She got a golden parachute to DC and dgaf.
agz win
AG
I would prepare for the worst, at this point. Unsure all the required sign offs will happen.
Irish 2.0
I was counting on Parker McCollum's convert to get laid.
txags92
AG
TexAgs1992 said:

Her votes are safe...the dead and the folks in nursing homes don't care if the rodeo gets cancelled again.
BTHOtrolls
AG
Hidalgo shuts down HLSR, A&M should host a rodeo weekend at Kyle Field (maybe Thursday thru Saturday), open it with Granger Smith, and have multiple acts per night in a 110,000 sold out stadium. All profit goes to Aggie scholarships.
jja79
AG
Nut jobs are out in force. NFL postponed 3 games, college basketball and NHL have postponed games. One thing I haven't heard is whether anyone in any of those leagues are sick.
Old Sarge
AG
Dora the Explorer needs to don the Communist beanie and just come on out as who she really is. She is gonna ****e all over the HLS&R just to prove a point. That she can.
Green is the new RED.
Stat Monitor Repairman
AustinCountyAg
BTHOtrolls said:

Hidalgo shuts down HLSR, A&M should host a rodeo weekend at Kyle Field (maybe Thursday thru Saturday), open it with Granger Smith, and have multiple acts per night in a 110,000 sold out stadium. All profit goes to Aggie scholarships.

Granger Smith. Really? Might as well invite Roger Creager too. I'm sure hundreds would come out for that …
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You won't go anyway because HLSR isn't for real cowboys anymore, so why the **** do you care about these threads so much?
AustinCountyAg
Because I get an enjoyment out of the insecure people on these threads having meltdowns.

Edit to add: seriously, though it does matter to me more nowadays because I'd love to see the covidians and Lina GTFO. Her stupid liberal commi policy's are killing Texas. I'd love to see HLSR somehow be able to give her the middle finger and carry on without interruption but I don't see that happening. Maybe they could? I'd be willing to bet the overwhelming majority of attendants/exhibitors/etc of the rodeo and shows don't even live in Harris Co.
Jock 07
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Because I get an enjoyment out of the insecure people on these threads having meltdowns.

Ironic
cajunaggie08
AG
I actually agree with AustinCountyAg here. You aren't going to get 110,000 people to go to Kyle Field for a Granger Smith headlining rodeo event
David_Puddy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Turn off the ipod or pandora and turn on 100.3-3, or something similar and they play these guys all the time. Ask alexa to 'play Texas Country' or 'Red Dirt Radio'. The talent pool is not very deep, but there is some good stuff that comes out. Or, just keep it on 92.9-2 and listen to Pat Green every third song.

Or how about don't listen to the radio at all? Who still does that and doesn't just create a playlist on Spotify and continue to add to it?
BTHOtrolls
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

I actually agree with AustinCountyAg here. You aren't going to get 110,000 people to go to Kyle Field for a Granger Smith headlining rodeo event

The "headliner" doesn't usually open and Granger Smith would be a good draw for the local Aggie crowd to fill up the stadium early.

HLSR would need multiple artist on the same night to get enough energy around the event to fill up Kyle. It's all for scholarships and plenty of high profile country singers would probably like to throw Houston's liberal goverment the bird, if they cancel another rodeo.

The students could be given free or low cost tickets and the remaining capacity (less student section) of Kyle is comparable to NRG's capacity.

It'll never happen, but nice to dream of someone actually standing up to Hidalgo and not taking rodeo scholarships away from the kids.
TXAG 05
AG
Lineup announcement tonight at 7. I know lots of y'all have been waiting a long time to be able to complain about it.
one MEEN Ag
AG
No matter who gets announced here's your rodeo thread survival guide:
-Go Tejano day will, once again, break attendance records. Plan to avoid accordingly.
-R&B night will be the most twerk filled, worst lyrics night that will keep these boards alive with disgust.
-The best bang for your buck at the rodeo is to buy a fairgrounds ticket, get wine drunk at the wine gardens all day, and then stumble to the Hideout. Pappasitos campfire skewers to sustain yourself throughout the day.
-Mike and the Moonpies will be performing at the Hideout.
Irish 2.0
Is it too early to start asking for cook-off tent hook-ups?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.