Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone missing a pet Tiger?

17,015 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by 94chem
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/houston-tiger/285-77f8a185-c10c-4af6-8b94-1e1b637bf9d3
bigjag19
AG
A can of mace will take out the tiger.

As for the shop owner and his son...
Stat Monitor Repairman
This is the funniest **** I've seen in a long time.
lancevance
Why take a gun out? Seemed like a harmless tiger. Majority of the time its the owner not the animal who is at fault. I have been around tigers my entire life. They wouldnt hurt a fly. Most just want to lay around and be lazy, not aggressive. I would trust a tiger before I trust a human.
BMX Bandit
Exactly. Anytime a Tiger kills someone or gnaws off a baby's face, it's because the owner is bad. Tigers are naturally friendly. Great pet for kids
ChemAg15
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Exactly. Anytime a Tiger kills someone or gnaws off a baby's face, it's because the owner is bad. Tigers are naturally friendly. Great pet for kids

They'rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre Great!
ptothemo
AG
Diplomacy with the tiger - "nuhuh no sir, no sir"

Diplomacy with the owner - "**** you and your ****ing tiger"
Post removed:
by user
schmendeler
AG
of course there's a dude with a gun drawn.
Bregxit
AG
The dude with a gun was an off duty HCSO deputy that lives on the street.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I live around the block, had a nice Mother's Day yard drinks with neighbors and a bunch of young kids about 6 houses down from the tiger pad.

Dude loaded up the tiger and an alleged monkey and bolted, evaded the cops and the odd couple are still on the lam.
htxag09
AG
I feel like we missed the most crucial part of the video because this pansy ran inside because a tiger was 2 houses down?
TarponChaser
Just came to post this.

Freaking hilarious.
chimpanzee
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

... an alleged monkey...
You saw nothing, remember that.
Unemployed
AG
And of course, when you think the action is about to start, the guy taking the video had to fumble around with his phone and miss all of it.
Goose
AG
third coast.. said:

ptothemo said:

Hilarious.

But for real, why get in a standoff with the tiger. Not your chair, not your problem. And if you are gonna pull it out, pull the damn trigger.
I think I'd have pulled the trigger just to be able to tell that story for the rest of my life that I shot a tiger in the middle of a Houston neighborhood.

Also, I'd have shot it from the security of my vehicle. No chance in hell I'm testing my shooting skills against a scared and/or wounded tiger's innate desire to have me for lunch.
Unemployed
AG
A better angle.

Unemployed
AG
third coast.. said:

ptothemo said:

And if you are gonna pull it out, pull the damn trigger.
He would have pulled the trigger if it was a black panther.
TXTransplant
I want to know who is checking up on tiger owners to make sure they are following this requirement. Because surely no tiger owner is irresponsible enough to not follow these policies.

Quote:

As reported in 2019, while tigers are not allowed in the City of Houston, they are legal in the surrounding unincorporated Harris County if their owners register the animals and follow a strict set of rules, including holding $100,000 in animal insurance and keeping the tiger secured at least 1000 feet from another home, school, or child care facility.

Texas law allows private ownership of tigers and other "dangerous wild animals", as long as applicants register with their local animal control or sheriff, provide a paperwork copy to the state, and follow caging requirements
Flashdiaz
AG
htxag09 said:

I feel like we missed the most crucial part of the video because this pansy ran inside because a tiger was 2 houses down?

I would have gone inside more because there's a dude with a gun that may start firing all over the place if the tiger charged him.
BQ_90
AG
TXTransplant said:

I want to know who is checking up on tiger owners to make sure they are following this requirement. Because surely no tiger owner is irresponsible enough to not follow these policies.

Quote:

As reported in 2019, while tigers are not allowed in the City of Houston, they are legal in the surrounding unincorporated Harris County if their owners register the animals and follow a strict set of rules, including holding $100,000 in animal insurance and keeping the tiger secured at least 1000 feet from another home, school, or child care facility.

Texas law allows private ownership of tigers and other "dangerous wild animals", as long as applicants register with their local animal control or sheriff, provide a paperwork copy to the state, and follow caging requirements

Sly I thought, hired a intern paying 100k/yr to be the COH tiger insurance officer
uncover&humpit
AG
I blame that ***** Carol Baskin
ChemAg15
AG
That idiot let the tiger get so close that his gun would have been almost useless. At that distance you get one shot off if you're quick and if you don't get it in between the eyes then you're tiger food.
Martin Q. Blank
PlanoAg98
AG
So what happened with the tiger?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Loaded up in a truck by the owner and currently on the run, evaded police
TXTransplant
PlanoAg98 said:

So what happened with the tiger?

KHOU story says someone (presumably the people living in the house) loaded the tiger up in a car and absconded with it.

Personally, I think it's a travesty we have not received multiple "Simba Alerts" on our phones, and there should be messages about this poor missing tiger on every single digital billboard in the greater Houston area.

The tiger is the only character in the story I care about, and clearly, it is in danger.
CW Griswold
Code Orange and Black

Stay home, stay safe
-
Beerosch
AG
That pistol would not have stopped that tiger. He had a false sense of protection there. Had that tiger decided to charge he would've been dinner.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Agreed about the pistol, dudes in the two trucks down the road had 12 gauges with buck shot as well. So he wasn't totally alone, but he wasn't the smartest about how he went about it. Also our neighborhood is very front yard hanging out and kids playing in the street, no sidewalks so there were a lot of pedestrian traffic up and down this road with walkers joggers kids on bikes etc right around this time. I think his goal was to keep it from getting away until hpd or animal control could get there so it couldn't find an unsuspecting child or walker.
Luckily it was Sunday evening so most people were wrapping up or inside. We were in the front yard 6 houses down until about 20 minutes before this went down with 10 or so young kids. If it was a Saturday or Friday it could have been more dangerous.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
There's bound to be a swamp kitty living in that neighborhood.
lancevance
Is it illegal to let your tiger out? Serious q.
Jack Cheese
AG
So many heroes here would have handled it so much better.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Jack Cheese said:

So many heroes here would have handled it so much better.

damn right. i would have **** myself.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Plot twist! Tiger owner out on bond for murder!

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/05/10/unusual-sighting-tiger-spotted-on-front-lawn-in-fleetwood-neighborhood/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.