Houston
Sponsored by

Shipley Donuts Sold

8,369 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JSKolache
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/01/06/shipley-do-nuts-acquired-by-peak-rock-capital.html

Some Austin based PE firm.

Maybe the coffee will improve.
Stat Monitor Repairman
one MEEN Ag
AG
Shipleys was meh.

The only donut shop that I've been to that does it all right (coffee, donuts, kolaches) is Babe's in Bryan.
Martin Q. Blank
one MEEN Ag said:

Shipleys was meh.

The only donut shop that I've been to that does it all right (coffee, donuts, kolaches) is Babe's in Bryan.
I'll be sure to go an hour and a half out of my way to work next time it's my turn to bring in donuts to the office.
chimpanzee
Need some audio for this, and a link to her MySpace.
Irish 2.0
Martin Q. Blank said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Shipleys was meh.

I'll be sure to go an hour and a half out of my way to work next time it's my turn to bring in donuts to the office.

Go to Voodoo you cheap ass
E
AG
I moved next to Queen Donut so Shipley doesn't matter to me anymore
Ag_07
AG
Shipley is a front for some kind of drug operation.

There's no way that many people eat donuts all day. The one on Ella has a drive thru line into the evening that often spills out into Ella.
schmendeler
AG
This hits harder than the Whataburger sale for me.
W
AG
please rebuild the Ella location...further off the street.

or at least remodel/relocate the drive-thru window to the back
98Ag99Grad
AG
Ag_07 said:

There's no way that many people eat donuts all day. The one on Ella has a drive thru line into the evening that often spills out into Ella.
Lotta fat people in this town who need their snackies.
RenoAg
The kolaches at the Ella location are special. Genuine Tine treasure.
The Wonderer
AG
E said:

Queen blows Shipley out of the water.
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah, big Queen donut fan here.. I was going a little more than I should have, so decided to mix it up one day and went to the one at 11th and Shep.. welp, got caught, it is the same people that own Queen and "Hey, boss" recognized me...haha. But nothing like a late night run to crack Shipleys on Ella for a "dozen" donut holes..
drumboy
AG
E said:

Queen and Hughies next door is a good combo.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
DustysLineup
AG
chimpanzee said:

Need some audio for this, and a link to her MySpace.
The video I made the gif from is still on youtube. You can find it and more if you just google kristin2go
karmapoliceman
AG
I can't believe I've never seen this video before now. H-town gold.

Here is the link:
Buford T. Justice
AG
I feel like I know her. What era is this commercial from? Early 90's?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ag_07 said:

you should see the line at the Uvalde and 10 location. At least 10 cars deep at all times
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If they screw this up, I am gonna be pissed. Shipleys has done a good job locking this city's donut scene down. Might as well roll out the welcome mat to Dunkin. Hell, lets just open up a Stan Makita or some bullcrap from California where they put avocado on everything. No changes seen at Whataburger so far, but Academy has gone to crap.
chimpanzee
third coast.. said:

I made it 54 seconds

Given that this is the internet, one could take that a number of ways.
chimpanzee
Milwaukees Best Light said:

If they screw this up, I am gonna be pissed. Shipleys has done a good job locking this city's donut scene down. Might as well roll out the welcome mat to Dunkin. Hell, lets just open up a Stan Makita or some bullcrap from California where they put avocado on everything. No changes seen at Whataburger so far, but Academy has gone to crap.

Beware the man from The North...

AgCPA95
AG

Your comment on Dunkin was one of my first thoughts and add in Krispy Kreme. Generally both have failed here and Shipley and to a lessor extent mom and pop Asian places are the reason as they have a stronghold in their local communities.

Recently watched 'The Donut King' which is a docu/movie about the donut explosion in California led by a Cambondian refugee. Pretty interesting insight on how Dunkin and Winchells interacted with them.
MAS444
AG
They own a ton of land off of N Main near their big operation there - basically all of the property/houses around it. Hopefully it will now be sold and developed into something cool.
chimpanzee
AgCPA95 said:

Your comment on Dunkin was one of my first thoughts and add in Krispy Kreme. Generally both have failed here and Shipley and to a lessor extent mom and pop Asian places are the reason as they have a stronghold in their local communities.

Recently watched 'The Donut King' which is a docu/movie about the donut explosion in California led by a Cambondian refugee. Pretty interesting insight on how Dunkin and Winchells interacted with them.
I was pissed when my go-to Asian run donut place closed down, but pleasantly surprised when it was replaced by another Asian run donut place with owners that cared about keeping it cleaner.
Al Bula
AG
I too came here to b tch about the Ella drive thru.
Chewy
AG
The chocolate glazed on Main is the best damn donut anywhere. I've never seen it anywhere else.
PuryearAg98
AG
chimpanzee said:

Need some audio for this, and a link to her MySpace.Onlyfans...
chimpanzee
PuryearAg98 said:

chimpanzee said:

Need some audio for this, and a link to her MySpace.Onlyfans...

What, you don't have 54 seconds to spare?
94chem
chimpanzee said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/01/06/shipley-do-nuts-acquired-by-peak-rock-capital.html

Some Austin based PE firm.

Maybe the coffee will improve.
Meh. I prefer Kroger.
TexAgs1992
MAS444 said:

They own a ton of land off of N Main near their big operation there - basically all of the property/houses around it. Hopefully it will now be sold and developed into something cool.
Boo this man.
Chewy
AG
MAS444 said:

Please don't sell it to Tillman. Please don't.
HtownAg92
AG
The reason Dunkin can't get a foothold here is because their donuts absolutely suck donkey balls. Krispy Kreme just overextended and couldn't get motor through when the hype wore off.

These Austin clowns better not try to Austin-up Ship's donuts. Keep your vegan hipster BS in Austincisco. We want our donuts with animal fat, extra GMO, and sweat-shop eggs.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.