Houston
Sponsored by

Local Restaurant Specials

30,751 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Texan_Aggie
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Want to try and avoid any politics in this discussion, simply want to get a list of local restaurants and specials they're doing for delivery or take out. I don't mind updating the OP with new posts, I know I'm missing a lot:

I believe most food delivery apps are waving fees right now

• Truth BBQ: regular menu, sandwiches, box lunches, also have family packs, free delivery w/in 3 miles
  • Tinys Milk & Cookies: Meal to feed 4 - $60 - These specials are for dinner, regular menu also available for lunch and dinner; 50% off wine
Mon - Wed: Spaghetti, Salad, Cookies
Thur: BBQ chicken, rice, green beans, mac & cheese, cookies
Fri: Pizza night, caesar salad, cookies
Sat: chicken enchiladas, rice, refried beans, southwestern salad, cookies
  • Field & Tides: $20 lunch, entree plus soup or salad
  • B&B Butchers: take home dinner for 2 - $135
  • Backstreet Cafe Group - $20 gift card for orders over $50
  • The Classic - various priced gift cards depending on spend
  • King's Bierhouse - 20% off online orders w/ code HTX
  • Riel - $15 gift card with all curbside orders
  • Cadillac Bar - 10% off all to go orders
  • FM Bar - Offering a limited menu of curbside pick-up and delivery with 15% off pick-up orders (to walk-ins, phone-ins or online customers using code "FM2020"), and offering a 20% add-on bonus to gift cards.
  • Guard & Grace - 20% off to go
  • Caracol - $20 gift card for orders over $50
  • Brenners on the Bayou - 10% off all to go
  • BB Italia - Dinner for 4 for $45
  • BrickHouse - $10 off carry out orders of $30 more
  • Whiskey Cake: Two sirloin steaks, six burgers, 2 brined and marinated chickens, 30 eggs, a gallon of milk, a pound of butter, half a dozen oranges (gotta get that vitamin C), and two rolls of toilet paper. $48. Upgrade to ribeyes for $60 - Had to look this one up, didn't believe it lol
  • Max's Wine Dive is offering Dinner for One (entree and 2 sides for $15) and Dinner for Two (2 entrees, 2 sides and bottle of wine for $30) & 50% off bottles of wine
  • Tony's Mexican on Ella is giving a roll of TP and $5 gift card with every order.
  • Hay Merchant - Prepared meals ready to cook to go
  • Maison Pucha in the Heights - They are doing some great deals on take out (including wine) and if you spend $80 you get $20 gift card.
  • Doris Metropolitan - take out meal for two - $125, meal for four - $210
  • Bacaro, small Italian joint at Memorial / Kirkwood. 10% off everything and 50% off bottles of wine.
  • Local Foods is giving a $25 bonus for $100 GC purchases and a $75 bonus for $200 GC purchases.
  • Pappa Bro's - Dinner for 2 - $99 or $125
RK
AG
Quote:

Tinys Milk & Cookies: Meal to feed 4 - $60 - These specials are for dinner, regular menu also available for lunch and dinner; 50% off wine
just give me $60 worth of their chocolate chip cookies...which is only like 3 cookies. every. day.
TarponChaser
Today is my birthday and not that I care much about celebrating my wife is picking up a big steak dinner from Georgia James.
aTm2004
AG
For those up in the Kingwood area, not sure about specials, but some good locally owned places to remember if you're looking for lunch/dinner options:

Chelsea's - This is a staple in the area that needs no introduction.
Kingwood Taco Shop - Small place that just sells great tacos. Nothing flashy about them. Good simple tacos.
Three B's - The only decent sports bar in the area, IMO.
Great Harvest Bread - Cinnamon rolls on the weekend are wonderful. Spicy apple bacon grilled cheese is legit.
jetch17
AG
Hitting up Hughies to-go tonight for shaking beef fried rice, eggrolls and growler fills
NoahAg
My backyard. Carry out only.
Velvet Jones
AG
jetch17 said:

Hitting up Hughies to-go tonight for shaking beef fried rice, eggrolls and growler fills
That sounds gooder than a mofo.
CowtownAg06
AG
8 Row has the full taco truck open plus beer, wine, and certain cocktails to go. Backyard date with my wife coming up.
drumboy
AG
jetch17 said:

I'm thinking of this as well. Any idea on their growler fill prices? I think Spindletap (at the brewery) might be $10 for all fills based on the image in the email they sent out. I'm gonna go by there after a trip to Rio Bravo tomorrow.

Here's a good list of breweries that are open:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HoustonBeer/comments/fk70m2/covid19_brewery_status_list/
jetch17
AG
Hughies is still doing $2 pint firesales tonight - so growlers are $8/fill on i think Holler 2hop & Alstad Lager ... $6/7 pints on the others on Untappd - i think the cheap fills are firesales only, id imagine a regular fill will be $20-24 like most places
Chewy
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

8 Row has the full taco truck open plus beer, wine, and certain cocktails to go. Backyard date with my wife coming up.

Not that I'm complaining but how are places getting away with selling drinks to go if they have a liquor license? I know beer and wine permit places can sell stuff to go if it's not opened but my understanding is anything with a liquor license can't allow anything to leave the premise. This is why they open every beer in a bucket before they give it to you.
aTm2004
AG
Chewy said:

CowtownAg06 said:

Not that I'm complaining but how are places getting away with selling drinks to go if they have a liquor license? I know beer and wine permit places can sell stuff to go if it's not opened but my understanding is anything with a liquor license can't allow anything to leave the premise. This is why they open every beer in a bucket before they give it to you.
Maybe something good will come of this and we can finally get rid of the dumb alcohol laws in Texas.
CowtownAg06
AG
Don't know....
Maybe they are selling out of the truck vs the bar. Maybe that got waived for now.
Scantron882
AG
Has anyone tried Eddie O's BBQ? I keep seeing pics of their Brisket and Queso empanadas on social media and they look delicious.
randy828
AG
BrickHouse - $10 off carry out orders of $30 more.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
aTm2004
AG
Really? May have to give that a shot.
randy828
AG
aTm2004 said:

Really? May have to give that a shot.
Yes, email received this morning. And also free Uber delivery through March 20.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
aTm2004
AG
This is the Landry's Brick House Tavern, correct?
randy828
AG
4J Brewing selling growlers. Order online or call.
randy828
AG
aTm2004 said:

This is the Landry's Brick House Tavern, correct?
Yep.

Panama Red
AG
Hopefully Dora Tits McDalgo doesn't get wind of this & send in the gestapo

https://instagr.am/p/B942iLcpLro
HouAggie2007
I mean either TABC looks the other way or puts them out of business,which is will they will be if they don't so what have they got to lose
98Ag99Grad
AG
Whiskey Cake: Two sirloin steaks, six burgers, 2 brined and marinated chickens, 30 eggs, a gallon of milk, a pound of butter, half a dozen oranges (gotta get that vitamin C), and two rolls of toilet paper.

$48. Upgrade to ribeyes for $60
AG-2010
AG
Max's Wine Dive is offering Dinner for One (entree and 2 sides for $15) and Dinner for Two (2 entrees, 2 sides and bottle of wine for $30)

And 50% off bottles of wine
ptothemo
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Whiskey Cake: Two sirloin steaks, six burgers, 2 brined and marinated chickens, 30 eggs, a gallon of milk, a pound of butter, half a dozen oranges (gotta get that vitamin C), and two rolls of toilet paper.

Hell, the two rolls of toilet paper might be worth $48 by themselves.
drumboy
AG
jetch17 said:

Hughies is still doing $2 pint firesales tonight - so growlers are $8/fill on i think Holler 2hop & Alstad Lager ... $6/7 pints on the others on Untappd - i think the cheap fills are firesales only, id imagine a regular fill will be $20-24 like most places
Picked up growler fill of 2 Hop and a crowler of each. $8 for 64 oz & $4 for 32oz. And a couple spring rolls.
Diggity
AG
My hope is that TABC is disbanded after all of this.
drumboy
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Where did you see this? Not a bad deal and I work close to there though I'm not sure what to do w/ a lb of butter.
HouAggie2007
Would be an excellent result
Post removed:
by user
98Ag99Grad
AG
drumboy said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Where did you see this? Not a bad deal and I work close to there though I'm not sure what to do w/ a lb of butter.

Baybrook location had it on their FB page.
jetch17
AG
drumboy said:

jetch17 said:

Picked up growler fill of 2 Hop and a crowler of each. $8 for 64 oz & $4 for 32oz. And a couple spring rolls.

Paid more than I should have on the crowlers, but all good and the natives at home got their fix

Diggity
AG
Where's the ***** Wagon?
jetch17
AG
No wagon, but Draped Up like a maaafugga, Talmbout?
Diggity
AG
Word

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.