Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,506 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
agz win said:

Three positives in my office announced today. I was in the doorway in conversation with one who later left for home. He made the call of potential exposure. He was back from NY last week.
Sorry for their sniffles
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
agz win said:

Three positives in my office announced today. I was in the doorway in conversation with one who later left for home. He made the call of potential exposure. He was back from NY last week.

Why would you talk to someone else in person if you're worried about COVID?
agz win
AG
Not the issue. Just noting it's creeping back a little in the office after no reports for about a month.
SquanchyAg
Sea Speed said:

Wgas, really. I walked around the galleria this afternoon I was probably exposed to dozens of hood rats. Scary.

Fify
IDaggie06
AG
agz win said:

Not the issue. Just noting it's creeping back a little in the office after no reports for about a month.
Yea colds seems to come and go
BowSowy
AG
I'm actually really curious to see what my company does if things start to creep up again. We're now fully all in office, no restrictions as of a month ago. I suspect that we'll do whatever the clients want, which likely means it'll be business as usual (circa 2019), thankfully.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Anybody have that style of pots and pans with the vent on the lid that would rattle?

You'd put something on the stove to heat up to a simmer. You'd put it on low and go watch tv. You'd listen for that vent to rattle and you'd know your food was ready.

Thats where we are at with covid.

It's on the stove, The gas is on low. And we watching tv listening for that rattle.

Haven't heard it yet. But you can tell the heat is on.

Thats for sure.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea I'm done listening for that.
COVID's over, the moose should have told you out front
Ciboag96
BowSowy said:

I'm actually really curious to see what my company does if things start to creep up again. We're now fully all in office, no restrictions as of a month ago. I suspect that we'll do whatever the clients want, which likely means it'll be business as usual (circa 2019), thankfully.

They'll likely do what the CDC recommends because if they don't and someone gets sick and dies then lawsuits will follow. Don't hate the player hate the game.
Sea Speed
AG
Ciboag96 said:

BowSowy said:

They'll likely do what the CDC recommends because if they don't and someone gets sick and dies then lawsuits will follow. Don't hate the player hate the game.

I still have yet to hear of one these lawsuits everyone talks about.
tylercsbn9
AG
I went to my office for the first time in over two year this morning We have like 2,500 people. i think I've seen 10 total people not including security.
ChemAg15
AG
Sea Speed said:

Ciboag96 said:

BowSowy said:

I still have yet to hear of one these lawsuits everyone talks about.

I know a guy that knows a guy and he says that he heard of a company that went bankrupt from a covid lawsuit. True story.
camelclub
AG
would you go back and read through this entire thread from start to finish?

remember when the 1st quarantine was announced at rice?
Tex117
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Anybody have that style of pots and pans with the vent on the lid that would rattle?

You'd put something on the stove to heat up to a simmer. You'd put it on low and go watch tv. You'd listen for that vent to rattle and you'd know your food was ready.

It's on the stove, The gas is on low. And we watching tv listening for that rattle.

Thats for sure.
What the eff is wrong with you?

Let it go, man. Its over.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Tex117 said:

Thats for sure.

I'm old enough to remember him calling it "the corvid" for some reason.
Sea Speed
AG
Corvids
BowSowy
AG
Tex117 said:

Thats for sure.

I'm just happy he's at least stringing multiple sentences together before hitting the enter key
swimmerbabe11
I wish y'all could hear the voice I read that in. Like an old southern man in on the porch looking for rain, in a rocking chair, hands on his belly.

Thuh heayyt iss awn, thass fo' shurrr
Sea Speed
AG
Kids MDO was about to let us finally enter the building to pick the kids up but masks were required. I exchanged a couple of emails with them stating why I thought that it was a ridiculous policy to make everyone wear masks and a few hours later they made the masks optional. I'm very happy but also completely blown away that they listened to logical, rational thought on why wearing masks for 5 minutes to pick up kids made no sense.
Al Bula
AG
tamuags08
AG
Masks are done on airplanes! Can't wait to have a declaration on having to wear them at IAH but get to take them off after take-off.
Ag06Law
AG
tamuags08 said:

Masks are done on airplanes! Can't wait to have a declaration on having to wear them at IAH but get to take them off after take-off.

Flew out of IAH today. Probably 75% not wearing masks. Great day.
sbs
AG
I flew out of Hobby this morning. Same as IAH, 75% not wearing masks.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I honestly think the feds were just too chickens*** to do it themselves. I'd be surprised if they challenged it. I'm sure they'll mouth off in the press, but I don't think they'll do anything about it.
Ag06Law
AG
Yep, it's the eviction moratorium all over again. Wait until a court overturns it, ring your hands, then move right along. Let someone else do the dirty work you're scared to do.
Bassmaster
AG
They've already said that they won't challenge it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/united-airlines-drops-plan-to-enforce-mask-wearing-after-judges-ruling-to-void-bidens-mandate

But then, this. Who knows what will happen?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/doj-appealing-federal-judges-ruling-eliminating-covid-masks-public-transportation
jamesf
AG
Our favorite doctor tested positive for COVID.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Peter-Hotez-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-17160667.php
texagbeliever
jamesf said:

Our favorite doctor tested positive for COVID.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Peter-Hotez-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-17160667.php
It is nice to see them shakeup the script.

"I'm grateful to have been vaccinated/boosted, which certainly prevented more severe illness. Just started Paxlovid. Transmission up, be careful."
Dill-Ag13
AG
It's become interesting to watch the various variants spread around the world. There's no more 'surges' or 'spikes' to report and it's just becoming background noise like the flu.
TarponChaser
Flew Southwest to Cancun last Thursday & back yesterday for my little sister's 40th birthday celebration. No masks required at Hobby or on the plane. Maybe 15-25% of people still wore masks.

My sister and BiL flew United from Denver and were required to mask on the flight because it was "international." I guess Southwest didn't get the memo.

At the resort it seemed 50/50 walking around. And the breakfast buffet was the only place that was a PITA about wearing a mask and just then in the actual buffet area.

Still had to do the covid test to fly back to the USA.

Cancun airport told people they had to wear masks but I didn't have one and nobody hassled me when I didn't put one at all. But compliance with their mask requirements was probably 95% or higher. Once back on the Southwest flight home it was probably only 10% wearing masks.

Funny enough though, the parents of one of our youngest son's baseball teammates (and best buds) who had our son most of the weekend tested positive for covid yesterday. And while they've been out & about as normal for a long time they're vaxxed, boosted, and worn masks indoors (at least they did over the winter/early spring when the boys played basketball together). Their boy is vaxxed but is negative thus far.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Sea Speed
AG
I have some sort of visceral hate for people I see still wearing masks these days. Multiplied by 1000 for that ***** above.
TX04Aggie
AG
Same. Im in London at moment. No one wears masks, except the Chinese tourists, the occasional rando, and freaking american tourist hipsters. I can hear their accents and just dont get it. Why come to a place that is completely back to normal to virtue signal? I have an almost visceral reaction and need to get over it, I know. Some of these people will wear masks forever, as some sort of virtue signal, social awkward blanket, or general mental illness. Ive decided that these people are mentally ill to some degree at this point. At this point it just seems like a lot of usual suspects in masks and it is clearly identifying the mentally weak/anxiety prone population. I am trying to be let go and let live, but for some reason the liberty at all costs side of me just struggles, but they have the liberty to choose to wear the mask at this point if they want too and I should be good with that. The problem is they werent and still wouldnt be on the side of liberty today if they had their way and I think that is what gets me riled up.
Sea Speed
AG
I completely understand man. Same here on the internal dialogue telling myself they can choose to do wear the dumb thing and thsts their right, but injust can't grasp the thought process to do so. The worst are the parents I see dropping their kids off at school maskless while their kids are in masks, or the several other children walking or biking home alone wearing them. There is zero excuse for forcing your child to do that or not in the event the kid wants to do it, not correcting that behavior because it is not healthy.
Ciboag96
People wearing masks now are doing so for political identity purposes.
First Page
Page 598 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.