Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,807 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, I'm in Houston and I think this thread overplays the wearing of masks. I haven't personally been to HEB in a couple weeks, but last time I did it was maybe 20% wearing masks (Washington Heights HEB).
98Ag99Grad
AG
No masks last week when out shopping at Total Wine and Academy in The Woodlands except for employees. Sorry, HEB wasn't on the schedule that day.
thenational
AG
You love your masks don't you. My kids are not going to school today because masks are stupid. Just like you.
jetch17
AG
I had to dig out a dumb mask just to get through the dumb airport the last couple days - luckily with drink service starting back and attendants that didnt really give a sh*t, the plane was bearable, and once past TSA, no one said a word at Hobby.

Back to my truck console until they finally decide to shake the airline mandate (so never)
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
Is schizo cone back? I can't tell.
TarponChaser
I get the Asian people wearing masks. Even Indians to a lesser extent. But what I do not understand at all is, in my anecdotal experiences, black folks are far more likely to be masked up still. Go to the HEB and it's probably 90:10 unmasked:masked in the white and Latino folk but black folks are probably 80% masked or higher.
RVAg02
AG
I went to the Meyerland HEB on Super Bowl Sunday and I bet it was 80% masks.
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

I get the Asian people wearing masks. Even Indians to a lesser extent. But what I do not understand at all is, in my anecdotal experiences, black folks are far more likely to be masked up still. Go to the HEB and it's probably 90:10 unmasked:masked in the white and Latino folk but black folks are probably 80% masked or higher.
Black and Hispanic folks seemed to be more susceptible to dying from COVID for some yet unexplained reason. That comes into play somewhat I'm sure.
CDUB98
AG
Unexplained?

My sarcasm meter ain't working....I think.
Al Bula
AG
BohunkAg said:

Black and Hispanic folks seemed to be more susceptible to dying from COVID for some yet unexplained reason. That comes into play somewhat I'm sure.
And both groups parrot whatever their Dim overlords tell them.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Any chance they lift the mask requirements for air travel next month? March was the month it had been extended to right?
CDUB98
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Any chance they lift the mask requirements for air travel next month? March was the month it had been extended to right?

LOL

No way they are giving up their power.

The TSA fatass union won't allow it either....for their health.
TarponChaser
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

It's not unexplained at all really. Unless you're some race-baiting Dem.

Covid is far more dangerous to people who are obese, diabetic, and with high blood pressure. All of those conditions occur at a substantially higher rate in the black and Hispanic populations than in whites or Asians. Then combine that with the simple fact that black and Hispanics tend, as a whole, to be lower income and far less likely to seek medical care they get sicker from covid. And yet, until fairly recently, these populations were far less likely to get vaccinated.
cone
AG
I'd rather send a strongly worded letter to the editor than hold me kids home from school when I don't have to

It'll have the same impact
cone
AG
masks don't work and your half ass protest won't either
Bondag
AG
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Because they has the sugar
CDUB98
AG
cone said:

masks don't work and your half ass protest won't either

What the hall are you talking about. I'm not protesting anything.
BohunkAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

Covid is far more dangerous to people who are obese, diabetic, and with high blood pressure. All of those conditions occur at a substantially higher rate in the black and Hispanic populations than in whites or Asians. Then combine that with the simple fact that black and Hispanics tend, as a whole, to be lower income and far less likely to seek medical care they get sicker from covid. And yet, until fairly recently, these populations were far less likely to get vaccinated.
I'm not race baiting. I think that's as good an explanation as any. My point was that black and Hispanic folks are more likely to wear masks because many more of them have seen their friends and neighbors die from COVID......along with the other reasons listed here.
TarponChaser
BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

BohunkAg said:

TarponChaser said:

I'm not race baiting. I think that's as good an explanation as any. My point was that black and Hispanic folks are more likely to wear masks because many more of them have seen their friends and neighbors die from COVID......along with the other reasons listed here.

Right.

Didn't mean you were race-baiting but for a good while we just heard all the BS over how opposing mask mandates, vaccine mandates, etc. was racist and how the medical community was systemically racist because blacks and Hispanics had worse outcomes more often from covid when it was due to the high correlation of comorbidities in those communities and not worse outcomes because covid is a racist virus. And white folks who opposed these lockdowns and other BS were simply racists who want black & brown people to die.

That being said, these black folks have to see the truth that masks don't do crap. Especially when they're not wearing them properly anyway.
Sea Speed
AG
If maskers haven't figured out that its not doing anything yet, they almost assuredly aren't ever going to
Quincey P. Morris
AG
We've been dealing with the wonderful experience of consoling my daughters this week because their stepdad passed from COVID. He was going to some pediatrician that was treating COVID patients alongside their pediatric patients and prescribing ivermectin. Said physician also prescribed oxygen and was apparently telling him to not go to the hospital. He finally went when he woke up disoriented and had blue lips. He was still trying to get ivermectin snuck in a few days before. The guy was in decent shape and worked out regularly so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how it hit him so hard. He was on his early fifties so a little older but not ancient.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

We'll just have to wait to see what the polling numbers look like.
WES2006AG
AG
Quincey P. Morris said:

We've been dealing with the wonderful experience of consoling my daughters this week because their stepdad passed from COVID. He was going to some pediatrician that was treating COVID patients alongside their pediatric patients and prescribing ivermectin. Said physician also prescribed oxygen and was apparently telling him to not go to the hospital. He finally went when he woke up disoriented and had blue lips. He was still trying to get ivermectin snuck in a few days before. The guy was in decent shape and worked out regularly so I'm at a bit of a loss as to how it hit him so hard. He was on his early fifties so a little older but not ancient.
Sounds similar to the only person I know who has been seriously sick this year. He was taking Ivermectin and figured it would keep him from getting COVID, it didn't. He spent a month in ICU and hasn't been back to work yet as he is still on oxygen more than 2 months later. He was also early 50, thin, without any obvious health problems. He didn't die but may never be the same.

Been a lot of fun doing his work all year.
Post removed:
by user
Sea Speed
AG
I was told kids didn't mind wearing masks and in a lot of cases, actually prefer them.
cone
AG
wow HISD dropped their mandate too

amazing
rilloaggie
AG
WES2006AG said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I hope you're able to fully recover.
wessimo
AG
cone said:

wow HISD dropped their mandate too

amazing

Link?
cone
AG
oh did it not happen
Jackal99
AG
Last I heard, they were going to evaluate on March 11.
WES2006AG
AG
rilloaggie said:

WES2006AG said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I wouldn't mind had this person taken personal responsibility for their health but they chose not to and that choice has consequences that have reverberated throughout our entire team. It sucks for everyone knowing that this likely could have been easily avoided.
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/20/health/covid-cdc-data.html

For more than a year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has collected data on hospitalizations for Covid-19 in the United States and broken it down by age, race and vaccination status. But it has not made most of the information public.

When the C.D.C. published the first significant data on the effectiveness of boosters in adults younger than 65 two weeks ago, it left out the numbers for a huge portion of that population: 18- to 49-year-olds, the group least likely to benefit from extra shots, because the first two doses already left them well-protected.

And people wonder why they're not trusted.
texagbeliever
WES2006AG said:

rilloaggie said:

WES2006AG said:

Quincey P. Morris said:

I wouldn't mind had this person taken personal responsibility for their health but they chose not to and that choice has consequences that have reverberated throughout our entire team. It sucks for everyone knowing that this likely could have been easily avoided.

So im sure you never drive over the speed limit. Or drunk. Or tired. Or look at your phone.

Because if so you might just injure or kill someone and they might have coworkers who have to pick up their work in their absence. Really makes you think.
rilloaggie
AG
I hope he's consistent at least and gets irate when a coworker goes out on maternity leave! Not sure anybody gets covid on purpose but there are folks out there who try and get pregnant, and some poor teammate has to pick up the slack!
First Page Last Page
Page 593 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.