Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,810 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Texan_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang, that's better than the Katyans with their 30 minutes.
Post removed:
by user
CDUB98
AG
I didn't say I agreed with the policy. In fact, I am against it. I am merely making a blind, legalese type thought.

Many moons ago, I worked for Baker Oil Tools for a short time. They required EVERYONE to get a flu vaccine or goodbye. While I agree with you very much on the effectiveness of the Covid vaxx, are the situations not similar?

I very much dislike even a private business mandate, and will side with anyone against it, but unless courts have ruled another way, in which I am ignorant of that ruling, from a purely legal standpoint, I think they can.
agz win
AG
SquanchyAg said:

agz win said:

Management confirms full return to office next Tuesday with now a flex schedule in place requiring three days a week in office. With my long commute, going to request driving in two days.
how long is your commute?
I moved to the country. 150 miles round trip.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Gotta go back to the office next month. Sadly, I don't see another variant coming to save the day this time. Oh well, it was a good run. Just shy of two years. I moved, did a whole renovation on the new house, big time project in the backyard and they are just finishing the landscaping. Kinda glad to go back just so I can get some rest! Only going back 2x a week, so hopefully my golf game won't suffer too bad.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Oh yeah, going back to the office, but we still can't have meetings in person. What a dumbass rule. Drive 30 miles to TEAMS meet with the guy two offices down. Smh.
CDUB98
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Oh yeah, going back to the office, but we still can't have meetings in person. What a dumbass rule. Drive 30 miles to TEAMS meet with the guy two offices down. Smh.

That's all kinds of dumbass.
Caliber
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

That is a special breed of stupid. No point in being in the office if you can't have a freaking meeting.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm back in the office most of the time but we Contonue to pretty much meet via teams mainly because we've all gotten lazy and it allows you to multi-task during a meeting.
CDUB98
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I'm back in the office most of the time but we Contonue to pretty much meet via teams mainly because we've all gotten lazy and it allows you to multi-task during a meeting.

There's a difference between voluntarily doing it because you're lazy and having to do it because HR is full of idiots.
swimmerbabe11
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZrdo2ZjGq2/?utm_medium=copy_link

she's hilarious
SquanchyAg
agz win said:

SquanchyAg said:

agz win said:

Management confirms full return to office next Tuesday with now a flex schedule in place requiring three days a week in office. With my long commute, going to request driving in two days.
how long is your commute?
I moved to the country. 150 miles round trip.

Well atleast they aren't requiring you back in the office 5 days a week. Good luck with your request.
Rock Ag
AG
Anyone know where to get a PCR test and results back within 72 hours? I'm going to Canada Saturday and have to show and negative PCR test within 72 hours of flight. I just took one at CVS and they said it could be 4 days before I get results. Looking into other places with quicker turnaround
YellAg2004
AG
Not sure where you're located. Memorial Village Emergency Room will get you results in a few hours.

There's also i24Test on Hollister just south of 290.
Sazerac
AG
CVS returns mine within a day
CDUB98
AG
Gonna have to do this in May as I'm flying to Portugal. Need to figure out a way to do a test for coming home too. Obviously, I haven't traveled internationally since Covid hit.

GAC06
AG
Airlines are lobbying to remove the testing requirement. Hopefully they will be successful. The quarantine time went down to five days like a week after Delta asked for it.

Obviously we'd need other countries to do the same and Canada will likely be clinging to this crap long after everyone else has moved on.
Stat Monitor Repairman
This covid narrative is collapsing at breakneck speed.

Seems like just last week pepaw was pumpin' N-95s and ordering 1-billion covid tests.

Now they actin like they gonna shut the whole thing down.
gougler08
AG
Will Harris county drop it's stupid code system now that Democrats are back pedaling so fast?
Buying_time
AG
gougler08 said:

Will Harris county drop it's stupid code system now that Democrats are back pedaling so fast?

It needs to be converted to a Crime meter

- number of murders
- number of judges not hearing cases
- number of backlog cases
- rate of cases per day
- number of criminals out on bond
- number of criminals out on bond that have "disappeared"
- number of criminals out on bond that have committed additional crimes
- etc....
gougler08
AG
troy_y said:

gougler08 said:

- number of murders
- rate of cases per day
- etc....
Might as well just leave that in Code Red for as long as current leadership is in place
Petrino1
Rock Ag said:

Anyone know where to get a PCR test and results back within 72 hours? I'm going to Canada Saturday and have to show and negative PCR test within 72 hours of flight. I just took one at CVS and they said it could be 4 days before I get results. Looking into other places with quicker turnaround
https://www.rapidtesttx.com/

Its free with insurance, and results come back in the same day. They usually have appointment availability during the week.
htxag09
AG
gougler08 said:

troy_y said:

gougler08 said:

- number of murders
- rate of cases per day
- etc....
Might as well just leave that in Code Red for as long as current leadership is in place
Code Red: Do not leave your house unless it's an emergency. You may be shot while driving. If you must leave your house, and we urge you not to, resist the urge to honk, tailgate, drive too slow, drive too fast, look at someone, and absolutely do not give sign language. Doing any of the above could result in getting shot.
CDUB98
AG
My office just dropped all mask, vaxx, and testing requirements.

beerad12man
AG
Tolerating things that completely alter the way we communicate, interact, and view one another? As disease vectors first and people second?

No thanks. I won't buy into that, and I'll always fight against it.
CDUB98
AG
beerad12man
AG
Must be nice. Mine may never. And never allowed me to work from home even though I could do my job 75-90% from home. They also don't allow us to take them off at our desks, or any time in the building(we literally have to go outside to take a drink of water which may be borderline illegal, too). But hey, it's all in the name of safety, right? I should just sit back and take this as ridiculous rules created by an employer out on a whim due to misguidance, fear, and feeling the need to do something! No, I will fight against it, and try to prevent it from happening again in the future, however I can.

And yes, I'm looking for another job before you suggest that. It isn't always a snap of a finger away.
CDUB98
AG
I'm trying to figure out why you are *****ing at me.
beerad12man
AG
I'm not b***** at you. I'm offering a different perspective when you say the employee should have zero say in this. Not if enough fight against it. The power of the people can take back things like mask mandates. Even in a place of business. Unfortunately too many are scared to stand up for themselves.
htxag09
AG
beerad12man said:

I'm not b***** at you. I'm offering a different perspective when you say the employee should have zero say in this. Not if enough fight against it. The power of the people can take back things like mask mandates. Even in a place of business. Unfortunately too many are scared to stand up for themselves.
So you think the employees should form something like a Union?
WES2006AG
AG
beerad12man said:

You just said you have to wear a mask all day. So how are you standing up for yourself? What brave acts of civil disobedience have you participated in at work?
CDUB98
AG
Oh. I had no idea you were responding to what I said a day or two ago. I thought you were responding to my freedom gif.
beerad12man
AG
I'm not claiming to be brave. When they were re-implemented two months ago, I didn't wear them for the first day. I held out as long as I could. I even was reprimanded and sent home when the owner found out. We talked that evening for about 45 minutes. I'm not claiming this was bravery, but I also wasn't going to sit back and take it without at least a discussion. I was merely trying to get him to understand why I disagreed with it in a respectful way. It obviously didn't work.

However, I can all but guarantee you if the rest of the office did the same, we wouldn't be in them now. But too many just sit back, even though I know at least half of them hate masks. It is what it is.

I know I'm likely fighting a losing battle. But whatever. Doesn't mean I'll give up on it. Employers have made employees do things in the past, that they now can't. If we all had the attitude that they can literally do whatever they want, nothing would ever change. I know masking is probably on the lower end of that spectrum, but again, doesn't mean I'll stop the fight.
beerad12man
AG
No, I'm happy for that! 100%. I'll take any win in that regards. The more that come off, the better. Even if I'm the last one in a mask, I'll be happy for others.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 591 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.