Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,910 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChemAg15 said:

This thread has lost its way.
Headed to HEB later. I'll get it on track.
ChemAg15
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Fauci has already publicly stated, version 2 of covid vaccination needs to have the ability to sterilize the virus.

Because the current one does not.

Version 2 should also give super powers. Should we go with super speed or invisibility?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Personally I've always wanted super strength or ability to fly.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

if I woke up with a fever I didn't go to school. Didn't matter if it lasted for 2 hours. If I didn't go to school I went to the doctor.
How adorable.
Daddy-O5
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Personally I've always wanted super strength or ability to fly.
Based on what I've learned today, either could be a long-term side effect of the vaccine......or Covid. Do we really even know at this point?
Daddy-O5
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

if I woke up with a fever I didn't go to school. Didn't matter if it lasted for 2 hours. If I didn't go to school I went to the doctor.
How adorable.
We all clearly grew up in very different households.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Hell, I had a stay at home mom and didn't do that.
Daddy-O5
AG
Me too.

"Sick? Stay in bed until you feel better."

I usually started feeling better soon after.
swimmerbabe11
you know.... that explains so much. I rarely went to the doctor as a kid ...and now as an adult, I have to be almost to my deathbed to go to a doctor
beerad12man
AG
htxag09 said:

beerad12man said:

AgLA06 said:

aggietony2010 said:

Dear parents everywhere: STOP TESTING YOUR ****ING CHILDREN.

This is the dumb hyperbole that drives people nuts. Most parents are going to test their kid if they're sick no different than we used to be able to take them to the doctor to make sure it wasn't the early stages of strep or croop or any other sickness that can be bad if not treated correctly.

You don't know those other kids or teacher's health status and hell most likely neither do the parents know about some underlying condition a toddler might have at that point. At least knowing what you are or aren't dealing with can drastically help a parent take care of the kid.

It's inconvenient. We're all beyond tired of dealing with it at this point. But saying dumb things in frustration isn't a solution.
I don't remember ever being tested as a child for cold like symptoms.

Maybe for something severe. But I think the answer is in the middle. We can't keep testing every single cold like symptom. We should still test if anything seems severe.

So, the person you quoted, I would have to assume he means for minor symptoms which too many are doing.

What's severe? I mean look at strep throat. I had it almost every year as a kid. To most people on these threads, a slight fever and sore throat are "cold like symptoms" and it's dumb to go to a doctor. Had my mom just kept me at home to let it run it's course it never would have gotten better and just been more days of misery or turn into something worse.

Honestly I can't think of a single time where I was sick and stayed home but didn't go to the doctor. Hell, if for no other reason for a doctors note.

Wanting to know what's wrong with your child so you can address it is nothing new nor is it Covid fear.
Well, testing after exposure with zero symptoms would likely qualify. Never did that one before, but I can't count on two hands how many I know who did here at work. So I can't imagine it's any different for kids in this wave testing too much. Runny nose? I'd leave that one unattended. Happens all the time. Persistent sore throat? Sure. Get it checked out. A day or 2 of sore throat? Probably just take a wait and see. Especially if your kid is still running around with energy. Nah. A 24 hour fever? Probably not. A fever lasting into day 3 or 4? Of course.

We all know we are testing in some pretty ridiculous moments as a lot of people are a little more paranoid than normal, or feel obligated to test. For all ages. More so than usual with the same symptoms. Parent the way you wish, but the average parent is likely more likely to go get a test now than they were for the same symptoms in 2019.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah. If you read my posts I'm not taking about a runny nose. I'm basically saying once a child has a fever, which I believe what most posters on this thread are talking about when testing their kids. My kid has had a runny nose since he started daycare 10 months ago.

If I took my daughter to the doctor every time she had a fever we'd be there multiple times a month. Kids get fevers. They go away. Don't need a COVID test every time.
XpressAg09
AG
TXTransplant said:

I'm calling out false information, misunderstandings, and blatant lies that have been perpetuated about the vaccine and the virus.
Fair enough. But is it also possible to say that a majority of people also made their decisions to get vaccinated based on false information, misunderstandings, and blatant lies (from politicians and CDC, etc.). I will agree that you're not pushing for or against anyone's decision to get vaccinated, but I think I'm just upset at how the vaccines were presented as a cure-all, then it turned out that, not only were they not a cure-all, but there are (albeit small percentage) of side effects that would not have been present in people had they not been vaccinated.

Hopefully a reputable-enough-for-TexAgs-source, The Epoch Times, points out that the death rate is up by 40% from pre-pandemic levels, and I don't believe that's just from people getting out and living more. Within the link below are several links to direct sources.
https://www.theepochtimes.com/insurance-companies-note-40-percent-rise-in-deaths_4206548.html?utm_source=ai&utm_medium=search
Quote:

This 40 percent figure doesn't represent folks dying of old age, but is instead a reflection of deaths in working-age adults, aged 18 to 65.
The Hill also reports this.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/588738-huge-huge-numbers-death-rates-up-40-percent-over-pre
htxag09
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

htxag09 said:

Yeah. If you read my posts I'm not taking about a runny nose. I'm basically saying once a child has a fever, which I believe what most posters on this thread are talking about when testing their kids. My kid has had a runny nose since he started daycare 10 months ago.

If I took my daughter to the doctor every time she had a fever we'd be there multiple times a month. Kids get fevers. They go away. Don't need a COVID test every time.

You're right. Not like every kid or situation is different. I never had a fever growing up, if I had one I was sick. My son is only a little over one but so far the same for him. He's had a fever, that we caught, once. It was tonsillitis. In the last year we've called the doctor 3 times. Once was the above tonsillitis, once was an ear infection & rsv, and once was pink eye. So no, to this point in his life, he doesn't just get multiple fevers a month.

I'm not questioning how you raise your kid. Every kid and parent are different. My kid has never taken a Covid test even though we're about 99% sure he had it as half his daycare class tested positive. But I'm also not going to respond to every parent when they say their kid tests positive that they're stupid for testing them.
gougler08
AG
So. Many. Words
AgLA06
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

htxag09 said:

100.4deg is usually the threshold to consider a kid to have a fever. Unless your kid is teething, they shouldn't be having fevers multiple times a month. Then again I'm not sure why you would have taken their temperature unless you thought they were sick. Which if you thought your kid was sick enough to take their temperature and then sent them to school, there's really no point in trying to have a conversation with you.

My kids go to the doctor if they stay home from school ill. That's only because they either have a fever and symptoms justifying it or they don't meet the requirements set by the school to go back. Either way a doctor's note and treatment is the fastest way to get them back to school and ensure it isn't something that will evolve into something serious.

CDUB98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

you know.... that explains so much. I rarely went to the doctor as a kid ...and now as an adult, I have to be almost to my deathbed to go to a doctor

This is pretty much where I am.
Post removed:
by user
Sea Speed
AG
This is the lamest argument this thread has ever had, and there have been some pretty lame ones.
WES2006AG
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Please hurry. The thread needs this update.
htxag09
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

I can't imagine taking my kids to the doctor every time they run a fever. Even most doctors I know say you should at least wait a few days because most are viruses you don't really treat and then they just go away.

Honest question, when I was in school they required a doctors note for it to be an excused absence. That not a thing anymore? Or do people just load their kid up on Tylenol to lower the fever and send them off to school when they're sick?

And to clear it up, I'm not talking some random ass fever. Not like you check your kids temp every morning before send them to school. I'm talking when they're obviously sick. Also, talking actual grade school, daycare is another story.
ChipFTAC01
AG
When I was a kid and now with my kids they didnt require a note from a doc for an excused absence, just a note from Mom saying "kid was sick". An unexcused absence would be "went to Disneyland"
T Durden
AG
Parents can write a note and excuse for whatever. Schools are not in charge. Parents have the control there..
htxag09
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

When I was a kid and now with my kids they didnt require a note from a doc for an excused absence, just a note from Mom saying "kid was sick". An unexcused absence would be "went to Disneyland"

That makes sense but almost positive it wasn't the case when it was kid. At least not at my district. My mom was a teacher so pretty sure she would have known. Or maybe it was a personal choice as she saw lots of kids bring sick notes and talk about their trip to Disney world. Who knows

The other thing I remember when being a kid was the urgency to get to the doctor quick. For example, they'd only prescribe flu meds if it was within a day of symptoms or whatever the time frame was.
Bockaneer
AG
My mom was an ER nurse so I rarely went to the dr. She would just bring home a penicillin shot if she thought we needed it.
I have 3 kids (18+ yr old now) and they rarely went to a dr. They went for annual check ups and an outbreak of impetigo and possible sprains/broken bones. Don't think they ever got tested for flu or strep. Their fevers never lasted more than a day and were easily controlled by pain meds. I would keep them home til they felt better.
91G 'EM 94GGIES!
LondonAg89
AG
Nurse moms are the best! Never went the dr here either and still don't.
Daddy-O5
AG
WES2006AG said:

Daddy-O5 said:

ChemAg15 said:

Please hurry. The thread needs this update.

Target first. Holy moley Masks!
Post removed:
by user
woodlees
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Fauci has already publicly stated, version 2 of covid vaccination needs to have the ability to sterilize the virus.

Because the current one does not.
Define viral sterilization.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
From the Hill link:

Quote:

Excess deaths haven't been evenly distributed among the U.S. population either, with The National Cancer Institute finding that roughly 2.9 million people died in the U.S. between March 1 and Dec. 21, 2020; 74 percent of them were due to COVID-19 with 477,200 identified excess deaths.
This kind of math only adds to skepticism.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
LondonAg89 said:

Nurse moms are the best! Never went the dr here either and still don't.
My dad's a pharmacist with a doctor for his older brother. I didn't get taken to a doctor or hospital unless I broke something or had to visit a relative. Or checkup for sports. Probably should have gone a little more often, in hindsight. These kids today with their allergists!
Daddy-O5
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

ChemAg15 said:

10% MAX masked. 50/50 employees with masks under their nose. One associate was full face diaper mode while clearly flirting with a customer, no social distancing. Saw the manager, mask under the nose. Did not ask why he hates meemaw.
ChemAg15
AG
Yes daddy yes!
Sea Speed
AG
Double n95 masker at the gym this morning. That's a first.
Diggity
AG
it's about time they upgraded from n95. That crap is full of bugs.
TXTransplant
Went to Perry's with some friends Saturday night. As we were being seated we walked past a big table - maybe 6 or so people - that had already been served food and drinks. One person at the table was wearing a mask. I guess they (can't remember the gender) just pulled it down for every sip or bite.
First Page Last Page
Page 589 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.