Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,602,091 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noble07 said:

Any idea what she ran?

I tried searching the results but don't see her name. Maybe there's an opportunity to "opt out" on your results being public.

Edit: she ran under the name "Linda Hugo" I searched the Bib # from her Twitter post.
So she doesn't register under her real name, but posts her bib number on social media.
TX04Aggie
AG
My friends that ran it said they were handing out masks as runners came into GRB after finish line and said everyone tossed them to ground and it was funny to see everyone trampling over piles of masks
cone
AG
she 100% did the Geoffrey from Fresh Prince shame of a nation bit
jetch17
AG
I hope she got a thousand F*** yous on the course today
CDUB98
AG
Rules for thee, not for me.

She's not following her own code red orders to stay home and stay safe.
Stat Monitor Repairman
I think we see covid hysteria drone on throughout the spring. What you see right now. More of the same.

We gradually taper down through May / June. Everything is looking good going into July 4th.

I'd look at the week of July 5th as our next pivot point. The Covid narrative is gonna break one way or the other during that week.

Three things could happen.

A. A new variant emerges; we hit repeat. More government spending on covid and the economy floats along until 2023.

B. Nothing happens; covid continues to taper off. Attention turns to worsening economic conditions. The issue of wages not keeping up with inflation has got to be dealt with. World leaders meet in Basel to try and piece together an economic lifeboat. Time to pay the piper.

C. Something else.
sbs
AG
The sad thing is that there were a lot of runners that actually put on a mask. I thought it was the dumbest thing. The last thing I am going to do after running 26.2 miles is put on a damn mask.
Al Bula
AG
Which MLK parade lessens my chances of getting omicron? Thankfully this unrelenting variant will allow not one but TWO tributes to happen today despite being under threat level red as dictated by Chief Running Boobs.

Looks like we need to reset the counter.

beerad12man
AG
TX04Aggie said:

My friends that ran it said they were handing out masks as runners came into GRB after finish line and said everyone tossed them to ground and it was funny to see everyone trampling over piles of masks
We are such a stupid species.
Bondag
AG
Easy, Rod said:

Which MLK parade lessens my chances of getting omicron? Thankfully this unrelenting variant will allow not one but TWO tributes to happen today despite being under threat level red as dictated by Chief Running Boobs.

Looks like we need to reset the counter.

I have a dream that one day we will not be judged by the color of our skin, but the content of our character.

And that the City of Houston can put differences aside and have one MLK parade in the spirit of unity.
Sea Speed
AG
Whsts the reason for 2 MLK parades again? Warring factions of supporters or something like that?
spadilly
S
Houston ISD to keep campuses, offices closed Tuesday due to rise in COVID cases

https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/houston-isd-to-keep-campuses-closed-tuesday-january-18-due-to-covid/285-51b36317-e7d4-46a2-941d-77f6cce48a11
Caliber
AG
spadilly said:

Houston ISD to keep campuses, offices closed Tuesday due to rise in COVID cases

https://www.khou.com/article/news/education/houston-isd-to-keep-campuses-closed-tuesday-january-18-due-to-covid/285-51b36317-e7d4-46a2-941d-77f6cce48a11
Yes, lets do it after the peak...

Even Dora's absurdly long 14 day average for positivity has turned the corner.
Sea Speed
AG
Wtf does one day do anyways? And way to tell parents less than 24 hours in advance. So absolutely ridiculous. How many teachers and admin are gonna be at one of the parades today anyways.
cone
AG
that day off for students has been on the academic calendar the whole time
Jackal99
AG
There already wasn't school tomorrow. It's on the calendar as a teacher prep day, so no classes for students. Not sure how this is any different, maybe teachers and staff just don't have to report.
Sea Speed
AG
Wow. That article is light on info then. I guess that shouldn't be surprising given what passes for journalism these days. Sounds like they are taking the opportunity to make it sound like they are doing much more than they are.
fullback44
AG
cone said:

Hey let the students stay at home a few days, it keeps the traffic down on I10 west side, nice drive to work at 9am this morning, felt like a Sunday morning
wessimo
AG
cone said:

Plandemic!!
Jackal99
AG
Sea Speed said:

Wow. That article is light on info then. I guess that shouldn't be surprising given what passes for journalism these days. Sounds like they are taking the opportunity to make it sound like they are doing much more than they are.

Someone called the "author" out on her Facebook page with a screenshot of the calendar, and of course, the story hasn't been updated
spadilly
S
Here's the actual HISD release.

https://blogs.houstonisd.org/news/2022/01/14/hisd-observes-martin-luther-king-jr-day/

Quote:

As scheduled, there will be no classes for students Monday, Jan. 17 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Tuesday, Jan. 18.

All campuses and offices will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 18 for an Attendance Mitigation Day, and staff should not report to work unless requested by a supervisor. Again, all campuses and offices will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 18, and staff should not report to work unless requested by a supervisor.

The reason for this decision is due to the rise in COVID-19 cases throughout our community. Last week, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo raised the COVID-19 threat level to redthe highest and most severe level…...

Bondag
AG
spadilly said:

Here's the actual HISD release.

https://blogs.houstonisd.org/news/2022/01/14/hisd-observes-martin-luther-king-jr-day/

Quote:

As scheduled, there will be no classes for students Monday, Jan. 17 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Tuesday, Jan. 18.

All campuses and offices will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 18 for an Attendance Mitigation Day, and staff should not report to work unless requested by a supervisor. Again, all campuses and offices will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 18, and staff should not report to work unless requested by a supervisor.

The reason for this decision is due to the rise in COVID-19 cases throughout our community. Last week, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo raised the COVID-19 threat level to redthe highest and most severe level…...

Then she gathered with 30,000 strangers and will probably do so again today.
agz win
AG
fullback44 said:

cone said:

Hey let the students stay at home a few days, it keeps the traffic down on I10 west side, nice drive to work at 9am this morning, felt like a Sunday morning

That's what holidays feel like when offices closed.
BohunkAg
AG
Sea Speed said:

Have you ever seen anything so blatantly a prop as this mask is in this photo? She is such a pathetic moron.

She is one of the most incredibly stupid people on earth.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea its incredible and really lends credence to the "we are living in a simulation" theory
Bondag
AG
Sea Speed
AG
What a ****ing dolt
gougler08
AG
Bondag said:

All by herself and wearing the mask wrong...really protecting her!
Keegan99
AG
MASK GOES OVER THE NOSE DORA!!! YOURE GONNA KILL GRANDMA!!!
Daddy-O5
AG
Bondag said:

Daily reminder that this event occurred while Harris County was at Threat Level Midnight, aka Code Red. But hey, at least she half assed a face diaper.
TX04Aggie
AG
She prob put that on right before too.
cone
AG
lol we are governed by idiots
beerad12man
AG
Damn it I hate maskers more than any other people on this planet. This is not hyperbole.
BohunkAg
AG
beerad12man said:

Damn it I hate maskers more than any other people on this planet. This is not hyperbole.
You just admitted you like child molesters.
beerad12man
AG
I didn't say they are all I hate. In order of most hated:

Forced maskers
Murderers
Child molesters/rapists
Thieves/property destruction

Seriously though, yes, it was hyperbole
First Page Last Page
Page 580 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.