Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,962 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm in Houston this month supporting my customer and it's the first time I've been in an office in 22 months. No rules so the liberals virtue signal extra hard, apparently.

One woman in her 30s has had 5 shots from every variety plus one booster. And she still double-masks. No prior immunodeficiency issues that I've hear of.

Another guy just put his wife and kids up in a hotel because a guy that was in the office Monday tested positive on Tuesday this week.

These covidians are a special breed. I've been in my big ass libertarian bubble at the Grizzly Rose in Denver and can't handle this hypochondriac *****

Blows my mind that crazy smart people that analyze **** and worked at NASA and the most advanced robotics can't use logic to understand the risks or study the papers showing how this is theater.

It's even crazier because they all lived downtown and drove to Clear Lake 10+ years, failing to understand their risk of harm is far worse living in EaDo and commuting on 45 than from covid.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
AlaskanAg99
AG
A week ago I went to HEB on Pinoak.
Tuesday evening I became symptomatic with flu.
Wed/Thur took off from work and PCR test Thursday morning.
Friday back to work.
Today COVID+ result.

Annoying cough is my only current symptom.
AgLA06
AG
Why would you take the effort to get a test if you were just going back to work anyway Friday without the results?
AlaskanAg99
AG
AgLA06 said:

Why would you take the effort to get a test if you were just going back to work anyway Friday without the results?

Parents are in their 70s so I needed to know as they are high risk and I usually see them several times a week.

WFH, so I didn't expose anyone other than my wife, also wfh.

In the event I needed to speak to a doc their first question would be if I was tested. Just covering bases.

And lastly, in the event someone demands I get vaxxinated I want the results to prove I've had covid.
AgLA06
AG
That's all fine. But that's also not "back to work".

I'm just glad you didn't choose to go into work when you got tested because you assumed you had it.
AlaskanAg99
AG
AgLA06 said:

I'm just glad you didn't choose to go into work when you got tested because you assumed you had it.

Basic human decency is when you're sick to stay home. Pandemic or not, exposing coworkers is just a dick move and costs more.
AgLA06
AG
We're on the same page.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Why is the media all of a sudden pushing N-95 masks?

For two-years, the design of a mask made absolutely no difference. As long as it looked like a mask, it was considered a mask.

It was a slow pivot throughout the week, and now every msm outlet is talking about N-95 masks. It started out with the national broadcasts and now its trickled down to local news.

Why is the media running with this N-95 mask storyline?

Where are we going with this?

More testing, and more masks?

Is that the plan? Because that's what I'm hearing.
Keegan99
AG
The N95 thing will die out. Biden won't mandate them on planes. The airlines know it would kill business.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Can disclose where you hear this from or is it top secret?
fullback44
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

A week ago I went to HEB on Pinoak.
Tuesday evening I became symptomatic with flu.
Wed/Thur took off from work and PCR test Thursday morning.
Friday back to work.
Today COVID+ result.

Annoying cough is my only current symptom.
My brother and his wife got it last week .,, mild head ache with cough/sniffles.. he worked through it all, he's self employed and he said he had much worse that the sniffles and it wasn't keeping him In the house. His wife stayed home 5 days just because her work asked her to… neither were really sick
Stat Monitor Repairman
98Ag99Grad said:

Just my observation based on what I see in the media. When I start to see a theme develop, I make note of it. See what other people think about it.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Don't think much of what's spoken in msm since most of my circle does their own thing. Anyone with a brain knew the cloth mask was a feel good measure to begin with. This latest take is lazy and not worth listening too. That's what I'm hearing.
beerad12man
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

AgLA06 said:

Basic human decency is when you're sick to stay home. Pandemic or not, exposing coworkers is just a dick move and costs more.

Fever yes.

I'm not sure we could run a functional society for every possible cold like symptom, oftentimes even confused for cedar or something, during most cold / flu seasons of the past
AJ02
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Just my observation based on what I see in the media. When I start to see a theme develop, I make note of it. See what other people think about it.

Lord Fauci just came out recently saying N95 masks were the minimum needed to stop the virus. Not sure why he did a pivot on it, but it's being talked about by everyone now because of his comments.
cone
AG
because they had to come up with a reason why mask mandates weren't doing anything substantive.

they're not going to give up the NPI. we just have to mask harder.

but there's no way that gets adopted in schools (outside of the absolute bluest areas) or on airplanes (as mentioned). so it won't get pushed at the places of highest leverage. and it will become just something you do to show max fealty if that's your disposition.
AgLiving06
AJ02 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Lord Fauci just came out recently saying N95 masks were the minimum needed to stop the virus. Not sure why he did a pivot on it, but it's being talked about by everyone now because of his comments.

Because he's a fraud.

It was like a week or 2 ago he said clothes masks were ok because the CDC said so.

Dude's as clueless as Biden.
AlaskanAg99
AG
beerad12man said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

AgLA06 said:

Fever yes.

I'm not sure we could run a functional society for every possible cold like symptom, oftentimes even confused for cedar or something, during most cold / flu seasons of the past

The 2 days I had a fever I was absolutely exhausted and basically just slept. Friday I was worn down but was able to work. Intensity varies widely, my wife now has it and she's sacked out. Old rules apply, listen to your body and rest if you can. My boss told me to take the week off if I needed it, but I was just down 2 days. 5 days out now from first symptoms, hopefully this day continues to be better than the last. Super pissed it's over the long weekend.

Back in 2009 I had double pneumonia. That was worse.
Sea Speed
AG
Dora's idiocy strikes again

gougler08
AG
Running a marathon with a ****ing mask? Outstanding virtue signaling
Beerosch
AG
I guess she's trying to achieve the highest social credit score in Harris County. Wearing a mask outside while running AND specifically tweeting about it. Virtue signaling at its finest. First comment is nice.
wessimo
AG
We are code red and she is not staying at home?!?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Sea Speed said:

Dora's idiocy strikes again

That's a new level of stupid right there.
TX04Aggie
AG
I really cant think of two humans i despise more: Dora and Beto. One of the elite runners this morning was running in a Beto shirt. Im on race course today cheering on friends and have seen zero masked runners. What a fool she is.
Sea Speed
AG
Have you ever seen anything so blatantly a prop as this mask is in this photo? She is such a pathetic moron.

GAC06
AG
As noted by wessimo above, the prop mask is secondary to her violating her own order to "stay home work safe"
Sea Speed
AG
Of course, im talking about that pathetically staged photo op where she made sure to get the focus on her mask so her true believer fans would laud her for being safe. Of course the entire thing is hypocritical to the max because of her dumbass stay home stay safe backwards ass code red ridiculousness.
Noble07
AG
Any idea what she ran?

I tried searching the results but don't see her name. Maybe there's an opportunity to "opt out" on your results being public.

Edit: she ran under the name "Linda Hugo" I searched the Bib # from her Twitter post.
Sea Speed
AG
Oh man now that we know her pseudonym I wonder what else can be found under that name.
gougler08
AG
4:09 which is certainly respectable, but apparently carried that mask the whole way

Sea Speed
AG
Gallagher level of prop reliance
wessimo
AG
That's about an hour faster than I'd have guessed.
swimmerbabe11
about 4 hours faster than I would have gone.
CDUB98
AG
Better than I did in my one and only Houston marathon. But, I was also 40 years old and had a rough mile 15-22.
Bondag
AG
Sea Speed said:

Have you ever seen anything so blatantly a prop as this mask is in this photo? She is such a pathetic moron.

I like that she is repppin her homeland with all her gear.
First Page Last Page
Page 579 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.