Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,601,970 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bonfired
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this somewhere and thought it was apt:

Masks are a talisman of a religion I do not adhere to.
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."--Steven Wright
beerad12man
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

beerad12man said:

These people just can't help themselves? I cannot understand the end game with maskers? N95s are so impractical, and have already failed in Germany and a couple of other countries with regards to spread anyways. Just amazes me how data illiterate these people are. Even if masking worked, I still can't understand those that think it's better for society.

It's almost like it's the crowd that was born a bit anti social, and feel safe behind it. Or just became so indocrinated with regards to masking they have literally forgotten what life was life before masks. A normal, mentally healthy individual that is accepting of reasonable risk/reward vs absolute risk zero at all costs, that wants to socially interact with human beings the way that was inborn in us want nothing to do with masking. Maskers are a cult, and a weird group of people.

I think it's actually pretty simple. Most of these people's lives generally have no purpose, outside of complaining about politics on twitter. Wearing a mask gives them a badge of honor and an internal sense of superiority over people who don't wear them, that they can then internet high five other people who share the same absurd viewpoint.

That's definitely part of it

I do know a handful that are still very afraid of catching it, and still swears the mask is the reason they haven't. Which is incredible. Just happened to be my boss and his wife making it all the more hard for our company to get out of them

One is slightly immunosuppressed but would still not be considered high risk, especially with omicron. I'd still put her in the 99% range as opposed to 94% .

I think many still believe they can out run it forever despite its inevitable push towards endemicity

And some also still think we are overwhelming hospitals and even though admit masks don't do much and they will probably get covid, think we need to spread it out still

I just can't agree with any of them regardless. Masks greatly lower our ability to be human with each other
Agz_2003
AG
Bonfired said:

Saw this somewhere and thought it was apt:

Masks are a talisman of a religion I do not adhere to.
Never really thought about it this way but seems very true.

The mask to Covidians is similar to what the cross is for Christians.
BohunkAg
AG
beerad12man said:

Control the narrative! No dissenting voices!
That's what gets me. Eff.
BohunkAg
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

beerad12man said:

These people just can't help themselves? I cannot understand the end game with maskers? N95s are so impractical, and have already failed in Germany and a couple of other countries with regards to spread anyways. Just amazes me how data illiterate these people are. Even if masking worked, I still can't understand those that think it's better for society.

It's almost like it's the crowd that was born a bit anti social, and feel safe behind it. Or just became so indocrinated with regards to masking they have literally forgotten what life was life before masks. A normal, mentally healthy individual that is accepting of reasonable risk/reward vs absolute risk zero at all costs, that wants to socially interact with human beings the way that was inborn in us want nothing to do with masking. Maskers are a cult, and a weird group of people.

I think it's actually pretty simple. Most of these people's lives generally have no purpose, outside of complaining about politics on twitter. Wearing a mask gives them a badge of honor and an internal sense of superiority over people who don't wear them, that they can then internet high five other people who share the same absurd viewpoint.
This is their substitute for religion.
XpressAg09
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

That's yet another narrative that has changed in the past 2-days.

They've come right out and said that cloth masks are ineffective,

Now the MSM is pushing N-95 masks made by 3M with some sort of ISO seal of approval.
Honestly, I feel like I should be able to call myself a Public Health Expert for being so right the entire time.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Recall that early on in the pandemic, Fauci and others were telling us that masks were ineffective and that there was NO legitimate reason for people to start buying and wearing masks outside of a non-medical setting.

Next, people started posting black and white photos of people wearing cloth masks during the 1912 spanish flu.

It then became a case of monkey-see-monkey-do.

We ignored 100 years of advancement in medical science and common sense, so we had people sitting at home on their sewing machines pumping out cloth masks. Posting pics on social media of the 1912 flu and themselves wearing some sort of homemade mask made out of an old t-shirt.

This was the origin of the mask hysteria we see today, and mask mandates started shortly thereafter.

At least thats the way I remember all this mask nonsense going down in the first place.

Now we here.

Still talking about masks.

23- months later.
beerad12man
AG
Funny you say that. My mother in law made about 1000 masks on her sewing machine and sent us each one. She's a bit of a coronabro, and wanted schools shut down(though I think has since backtracked on that)

Luckily my fianc isn't even close to this level. Hates masks and thinks this is all ridiculous.
beerad12man
AG
And even funnier is the articles years and decades later saying we tried masks for the 1912 pandemic, and they made no difference.
chimpanzee
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Recall that early on in the pandemic, Fauci and others were telling us that masks were ineffective and that there was NO legitimate reason for people to start buying and wearing masks outside of a non-medical setting.

They (Fauci, Redfield, Birx) held a press conference in a crowded room when they were announcing the whole "two weeks" BS. No one was wearing a mask.
TarponChaser
Supreme Court Blocks Biden Vaccine Rules for Private Employers, Allows Them for Healthcare Workers

From what I understand this wasn't unexpected re: healthcare workers. It has to do with the funding triggers in Medicare/Medicaid but I'm not sure of all the intricacies.

"WASHINGTONThe Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Biden administration's Covid-19 vaccine-or-testing rules for large private employers, upending the government's most aggressive effort to combat the pandemic in the workplace.

The high court, however, did give the administration more latitude in the healthcare industry, allowing it to impose a vaccine mandate for more than 10 million healthcare workers whose facilities participate in Medicare and Medicaid, a holding that leaves one part of the president's Covid-19 playbook in place.

The private-employer requirements, for businesses with 100 or more employees, would have applied to an estimated 84 million workers. The court's conservative majority, in an unsigned opinion, said the Biden administration likely didn't have the unilateral power to impose a mandate that employers ensure their workers were vaccinated or tested every week for Covid-19. Three liberal justices dissented."
Bassmaster
AG
You're not wrong, but Abbott making masks mandatory in public probably played a pretty big role too.
kapon
AG
Mexico dropping all Covid entry requirements including health form.

https://www.traveloffpath.com/mexico-removes-all-covid-19-entry-requirements-including-health-form/
LostInLA07
AG
Spring break coming up
Caliber
AG
Was just looking at some of the Harris County numbers...

Why the hell is Dora using a 14 day average for positivity numbers. Already a joke stat in so many ways, but then put in a 14 day average when literally everyone else is using 7 day averages?
beerad12man
AG
Way to mask up guys. You did it!

beerad12man
AG
kapon said:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/mexico-removes-all-covid-19-entry-requirements-including-health-form/
Good. Everywhere needs to do this. It's the only way forward to any kind of semblance of a life not controlled by our captors.

But it's only normal if no masks are required, too.
Daddy-O5
AG
beerad12man said:

Way to mask up guys. You did it!

Thank you, Dora, for saving us with your Code Red.
TarponChaser
beerad12man said:

kapon said:

Good. Everywhere needs to do this. It's the only way forward to any kind of semblance of a life not controlled by our captors.

But it's only normal if no masks are required, too.
The Mrs. and I are doing a quick getaway to Mexico at the end of the month for our anniversary. Will report back.

But, I highly doubt we'll leave the resort and do the roaming we'd normally do. I told her that with all the crap we've been dealing with remodeling this new house, selling the old house, work, and dealing with crazy family all I want to do is fool around, lay on the beach with a cocktail, and sleep (in that order). Lather, rinse, repeat.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I mean you could fool around after a cocktail, or while having a cocktail. Don't put limits on vacation sex.
TarponChaser
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

I mean you could fool around after a cocktail, or while having a cocktail. Don't put limits on vacation sex.

Definitely all at once. I really was referring to them in order of importance. The Mrs. booked the resort but it's adults only and if available we're trying to get one of the rooms with a private, outdoor jacuzzi on the balcony.

Gnome sayin'...
Keegan99
AG
Free public testing sites with no lines... Omicron is on the way out, as expected.

RK
AG
the best part about resort jacuzzi's is that when she gets pregnant, you never know for sure if it's yours or one of the previous guests...
RK
AG
Keegan99 said:

Free public testing sites with no lines... Omicron is on the way out...
so are the holidays and all the associated testing. masterful timing by the govt, as usual.
Jackal99
AG
RK said:

the best part about resort jacuzzi's is that when she gets pregnant, you never know for sure if it's yours or one of the previous guests...
TarponChaser
RK said:

Well both of us have been snipped and she's 44 in February and I'm 45 in March. I ain't worried.
BohunkAg
AG
RK said:

We all know hot water kills floaters.
sts7049
AG
BohunkAg said:

RK said:

good thing, because a resort hot tub is probably full of residual swimmers
TX04Aggie
AG
Another reason to vote Lizzie out. Who cares!!!
BohunkAg
AG
sts7049 said:

BohunkAg said:

RK said:

good thing, because a resort hot tub is probably full of residual swimmers
for sure.
Keegan99
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Another reason to vote Lizzie out. Who cares!!!

She's entrenched for the next decade after redistricting.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Brad06ag said:

Was just looking at some of the Harris County numbers...

Why the hell is Dora using a 14 day average for positivity numbers. Already a joke stat in so many ways, but then put in a 14 day average when literally everyone else is using 7 day averages?
Because the longer the moving average, the less the number moves day to day. If you move to a 14 day average, it'll be a longer time before than number drops down compared to a 7 day.
aTm2004
AG

But know your whiskey dick limit.
BohunkAg
AG
They didn't charge that crazy b-tch teacher who locked her kid in the trunk. Guess they really couldn't but had she been Mexican they would've found a way to throw the book at her.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2022/01/14/no-charge-texas-mom-son-in-trunk-avoid-covid/
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
aTm2004 said:

But know your whiskey dick limit.

They make pills for that
First Page Last Page
Page 578 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.