Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,232 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
so, can anyone chart a line graph of cases and growth in Houston? what is out growth looking like... both actual and projected?
I've been watching the numbers, but I dont really understand what they mean/what we hope they will be/what we expect.
cone
AG
no credit

just follow the leader (japan, south korea, hong kong)

please wear a mask in public and encourage others to do the same
AggieEverything81
AG
My husband is, too.
AggieEverything81
Aggie, Aggie mom, Aggie wife, Aggie daughter, Aggie sister, Aggie aunt
Aggie realtor with RE/MAX Universal
Baron von Bulsh
98Ag99Grad said:

Thanks. I live in Pearland and the market there has been pretty good.

Do you live on east side or west side of Pearland? I only ask because my parents are looking to move down here in the next 3-6 months. I'm always trying to keep an eye out for them.
98Ag99Grad
AG
West side in Silverlake.
TXTransplant
If you want to know if you're getting anything from the stimulus, this is a decent estimator.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/
Jack Cheese
AG
Thanks. 2 of my children were over 18 (in college) and my third was 17 at the time I filed my 2018 taxes. They each filed their own taxes too since they work.

I don't know if I'll get the 500 per child since they were dependents of mine, or if the adult children will get their own payments.
Big Cat `93
AG
My uncle moved from west Pearland (near SCR) not too long ago. His house sold less than 2 weeks after he put it on the market. It was before the virus went crazy, but still.
htxag09
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

My uncle moved from west Pearland (near SCR) not too long ago. His house sold less than 2 weeks after he put it on the market. It was before the virus went crazy, but still.
And my sister lives just east of 288 and her house has been on the market for longer than a year. Well was listed, then off, then relisted. Really depends on the neighborhood and house. Her neighborhood, for example, is still adding new homes, and a lot of them. Why would someone buy her house when they can purchase a new build and select finishes for the same price? Plus, there are dozens of other neighborhoods still building within a couple miles of her.
Aggie71013
AG
My older neighborhood (homes built in the 70s to 90s) has a large disparity in how quickly homes sell. Well and recently updated? Likely sells within a week or two. Original owner who hasn't updated much if anything ever? Gonna be on the market for a long time.
Baron von Bulsh
Oh, okay. I think they're looking to be on the east side though. Good luck with your sale.
Big Cat `93
AG
Ugh. Don't remind me. I live in an old house on the east side of 288.
TexAg2001
AG
htxag09 said:

Big Cat `93 said:

And my sister lives just east of 288 and her house has been on the market for longer than a year. Well was listed, then off, then relisted. Really depends on the neighborhood and house. Her neighborhood, for example, is still adding new homes, and a lot of them. Why would someone buy her house when they can purchase a new build and select finishes for the same price? Plus, there are dozens of other neighborhoods still building within a couple miles of her.
I had the same issue selling in Shadow Creek Ranch in 2017. Took 7 months to sell.
HtownAg92
AG
Big Cat `93 said:

Ugh. Don't remind me. I live in an old house on the east side of 288.
Increase exposure by calling it something fancy, like EaSoSoBro (East of South, South of Broadway). Or adopt the Kingwood model and call it the "Lower East Side". All about marketing.
swimmerbabe11
https://instagr.am/p/B-KMGzHjBXA
CowtownAg06
AG
Thanks Swimmer. Been wanting to sign up but wasn't sure where. I'll be there next Tuesday.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
kudos to you all with a BAC low enough to give blood
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

kudos to you all with a BAC low enough to give blood
If they let me drink while I give blood, they could get more out of me...
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm in EaSoNoBro.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Does anyone know how many tests they can conduct per day in the greater Houston area now? Are we finally over 1000? Sure seem to be keeping that info secret, but I have tuned out on a lot of this mess.
swimmerbabe11
Last I heard it was 2 locations for testing and each have 250 tests per day.
They did not say how many days that would last. They did say that when they ran out, they would have to wait for federal gov to distribute more.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Nice of Harris county to send me an emergency alert on both my cell phones to tell me about staying home two days into it. And, I live in Galveston and work in Chambers.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Ok what bozo got access to the emergency alert system
swimmerbabe11
Did anyone else get an amber alert style message on their phone?

I was literally just looking at the numbers reporting and noticing that Harris hadn't updated their confirmed cases yet today (still showing 189) when this popped up on my phone.
Bondag
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Nice of Harris county to send me an emergency alert on both my cell phones to tell me about staying home two days into it. And, I live in Galveston and work in Chambers.

Coworker just got it. Lives and works in Harris. What does it actually say?
swimmerbabe11
See above.

I have tried to go to readyharris.org several times throughout this..and have never gotten through.
Has anyone?
MOCO9
AG
Take notice they are officially tracking our phones.
spadilly
S
Just got it in my phone as well. First one regarding covid-19 I've received. Scared the heck out of me when it came through.
TarponChaser
I got it. Gotta go to the grocery store and taking my boys fishing later this afternoon.
mm98
AG
MOCO9 said:

Yep. I went out to just drive around and get some fresh air. *******s
htxag09
AG
mm98 said:

MOCO9 said:

Yep. I went out to just drive around and get some fresh air. *******s
They have been, but I doubt this alert has anything to do with that.

Have you not seen the dozens of maps out there showing which states, counties, etc. seem to be staying put the most?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
was under the impression the only folks left that hadn't turned alerts off on their phones were old people.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Am I the only one that is extremely curious as to what the background picture on your phone is?
Big_Time_Timmy_Jim
Same concept as Google Maps using phone locations to show traffic.
Jack Cheese
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Am I the only one that is extremely curious as to what the background picture on your phone is?

No, you're not.
First Page Last Page
Page 56 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.