Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,284 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

Lina can't be happy watching the Astros and seeing all these people not staying safe and staying home.

Also looks like very little mask wearing is going on.

#CodeRed
She sent the Mayor there to spy on everyone
SquanchyAg
third coast.. said:

Did you tell him from the get go that they aren't normal or ok or anything like that? My kids have worn a mask all of once when they flew to Massachusetts. Id my oldest brings it up or talks about them or anything of the sort we make sure to be very clear that they aren't ok and she doesn't need to wear one for any reason. She still sometimes says something positive about them so we haven't broken all the way through, but they definitely know that they are not to be made to wear them by anyone. It' can be a real challenge.
I'm guessing that your opinion is that there is no scientific data showing that wearing a mask can decrease the spread of covid at all so there is no point of wearing one, right?

based on the amount of time that some of y'all seem to spend trying to convince other people to not wear masks, it almost seem like you just want to show off how manly you are by saying that the whole mask thing is pointless and never affected the spread of covid at all.

probably the same folks that refuse to get the covid vaccine also, I would imagine.

htxag09
AG
**** it. Squanchy is right. Code red. Lock it down
aTm2004
AG
htxag09 said:

**** it. Squanchy is right. Code red. Lock it down

Alex Bregman
AG
2 more weeks. In this house, we believe in science
Post removed:
by user
Bassmaster
AG
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

Did you tell him from the get go that they aren't normal or ok or anything like that? My kids have worn a mask all of once when they flew to Massachusetts. Id my oldest brings it up or talks about them or anything of the sort we make sure to be very clear that they aren't ok and she doesn't need to wear one for any reason. She still sometimes says something positive about them so we haven't broken all the way through, but they definitely know that they are not to be made to wear them by anyone. It' can be a real challenge.
I'm guessing that your opinion is that there is no scientific data showing that wearing a mask can decrease the spread of covid at all so there is no point of wearing one, right?

based on the amount of time that some of y'all seem to spend trying to convince other people to not wear masks, it almost seem like you just want to show off how manly you are by saying that the whole mask thing is pointless and never affected the spread of covid at all.

probably the same folks that refuse to get the covid vaccine also, I would imagine.

Bless your heart.
Jack Klompus
AG
third coast.. said:

No, it's that as far as anyone can tell. Kids are not affected by this, are not vectors for spread and just don't seem to have any issues. Why would I force my kids to wear stupid masks when they have been proven to have zeronissues. I guessnyou don't like to follow the science.
I've definitely started telling my kids that kids don't have to wear masks out in public. My son only wears his at school, due to the quarantining rules (if you have on a mask, its not considered an exposure). We also had to wear them at Six Flags, but that is a one off. We're talking about taking my 6 year old to the Maroon & White Game but may avoid due to mask requirements.
TXAG 05
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

Diggity said:

In case you guys want to join this Zoom event.

Let me guess fat white liberal women will be her audience

I like how they made her look like the Rosie the Riveter poster from WW2, like she is a real hero. What a joke she is.
TXAG 05
AG
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

If you think your mask actually works, just keep wearing it and not worry about what other people do.
Diggity
AG
Lina the Chola doesn't sound as fancy
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

No, it's that as far as anyone can tell. Kids are not affected by this, are not vectors for spread and just don't seem to have any issues. Why would I force my kids to wear stupid masks when they have been proven to have zeronissues. I guessnyou don't like to follow the science.
My kids have been maskless in FTF school since August, with zero kids testing positive. That's all the science I need to know.
jetch17
AG
that made me want to slap my laptop.

also, gross.
Nitro Power
AG
"I'm the only one doing anything about me health.."

Doesn't look like it
Mikeyshooter
AG
She has a husband and a kid. Woof.
Ag06Law
AG
Nitro Power said:

"I'm the only one doing anything about me health.."

Doesn't look like it
Wear a damn mask to protect meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Five minutes later)

"Yes, I'll take the triple meat Whataburger, please."
Nitro Power
AG
With a diet coke
AgsMyDude
AG
Now if you could take a Coca-Cola, and just go half Coca-Cola, half Diet Coke...'cause I'm tryin to watch my figure...Tryin to loose some of the weight.
jetch17
AG
FMA.... cherries jubilee, and that's it.
Alex Bregman
AG
A small, SMALL, chocolate shake
JFrench
AG
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

You're both technically right. either view or strategy leads to the same 99.7% survival rate
XpressAg09
AG
SquanchyAg said:

it almost seem like you just want to show off how manly you are.

probably the same folks that refuse to get the covid vaccine also, I would imagine

I don't want to brag, but I've been living life without a piece of paper on my face and I'm not dead yet, so yeah, pretty manly.

Oh, and I also don't see the need to get a vaccine against something that I will survive 99.97% of the time.

I live my life pretty dangerously, I know.
TarponChaser
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

It's got nothing to do with manliness or macho bravado, it's rational analysis of the available data and informed assessment of risk and individual level of risk tolerance.

The data shows that over 80% of serious cases are elderly individuals and/or those with underlying health issues, specifically related to pulmonary function or immune system.

The data shows that overall something like 99.5%+ of those infected have mild symptoms (if any) and no lingering effects.

The data shows that lockdowns are ineffective and unless you're wearing a specially fitted surgical-grade mask which is worn 100% properly and changed multiple times per day they don't do anything.

Due to my weight I should be high-risk but I've had covid and it was a nothing-burger. About 36 hours of muscle/joint pain and fatigue. Then nothing. The wife had it too (I got it from her) and her only symptom was loss of smell for a couple weeks and an afternoon of headaches. Were it not for the constant media circus we both would have assumed it was allergies or a sinus infection of some kind and lived our lives. We damn sure didn't isolate from our kids (10 & 6) and they never got it, or if they did they were 100% asymptomatic.

Neither of us are anti-vax whatsoever but in this instance the vaccine is not fully studied or approved, it's on an emergency use authorization and a fairly large percentage of those receiving the vaccinations have side effects which are considerably worse than our respective bouts with the disease. And there's anecdotal data which shows the side effects are more severe and more frequent in those who've already had covid. So we'll get it eventually but see no reason to rush out and go to great lengths to get it.
aTm2004
AG
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

That is my opinion, because if there were a legit scientific study done that proved they are effective and reducing COVID, and we had real world examples to look to in addition, it would be plastered all over the news, social media, etc. Instead, we get YouTube videos of people spraying water on them showing how it stops, and then the meme of pissing on yourself. There have been some peer reviewed studies that have come out out Europe showing they do not work, but those are tossed aside and ignored.

What many COVIDians need to understand is it's April 2021, not March 2020. We have 13 months of real world data, knowledge, and experience to use in determining how to move on, yet some people want to ignore all of that and continue doing the same things we did last March when we weren't sure what we were dealing with.
htxag09
AG
I really would like to go a week without this dumb ass debate on this thread. But bottom line is it's a moot point on if they work or not. Even if they did, 90+% of people aren't wearing them correctly to matter.
Keegan99
AG
SquanchyAg said:

third coast.. said:

If NPIs worked, California would have a drastically better outcome than Florida.

And Sweden would be an outlier in Europe.

Good luck with your rain dances, though.
aTm2004
AG
It's what keeps the thread alive and entertaining. You know it and I know it. Talking about where to get the vaccine is just short of picking out socks to get my blood going. In fact, I'm happy a COVIDian decided to leave their safe board and venture over here where staff won't ban someone who doesn't have "COVID SURVIVOR" tattooed on their ass with a mask cupping their balls.
TAM85
If you have had covid, why would you want the vax?
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
So you can post about it on your Instagram?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
This
I've had covid already
My wife wants me to get the vaccine, and I'm like why do I need it if I've already had it?
Anyways not worth the fight, I'd rather have sex sometime soon so I'm getting it Monday. But I straight up told her if we weren't married there is no way I would get it.
Ronnie
AG
TAM85 said:

If you have had covid, why would you want the vax?
Depends when you had it. I get a flu vaccine every year. If you had covid in April of 2020, I don't think you have the immunity to it anymore. Just like these vaccines aren't a forever cure, they will be a yearly/seasonal thing.
aggietony2010
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

This
I've had covid already
My wife wants me to get the vaccine, and I'm like why do I need it if I've already had it?
Anyways not worth the fight, I'd rather have sex sometime soon so I'm getting it Monday. But I straight up told her if we weren't married there is no way I would get it.

A poke for a poke.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Exactly
First Page Last Page
Page 386 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.