Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,242 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ronnie said:

TAM85 said:

If you have had covid, why would you want the vax?
Depends when you had it. I get a flu vaccine every year. If you had covid in April of 2020, I don't think you have the immunity to it anymore. Just like these vaccines aren't a forever cure, they will be a yearly/seasonal thing.

That's not correct. There is strong evidence to suggest that T-cell immunity is durable.
TXTransplant
SoupNazi2001 said:

Ronnie said:

TAM85 said:

Depends when you had it. I get a flu vaccine every year. If you had covid in April of 2020, I don't think you have the immunity to it anymore. Just like these vaccines aren't a forever cure, they will be a yearly/seasonal thing.

Not really also depends on if you had a reaction to it. Flu hits me hard. I didn't even know I had Covid. No reason to get vaccinated if you had an extremely mild case.
Because I have absolutely no fear, concerns, or hesitation about this vaccine (or any other, for that matter).

Because I want to walk around without a mask and travel and be able to say to anyone who questions my decisions that I've been vaccinated.

Because it protects my coworkers and friends that I have close contact with.

Because I'm hoping my employer will take a voluntary poll and when they realize most of us are vaccinated, remove the mask requirement and limits on how many people can be in the bathroom and elevator at one time, and open up our cafe.

That's why I opted to get poked even though I've had Covid (and it was about as mild of a case as one can get).
TAM85
It seems redundant.
TXTransplant
TAM85 said:

It seems redundant.
It probably is. But, if it helps things get back to "normal" a little bit faster, I don't mind.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
I didn't say any place is. I got vaccinated so that IF anyone questions my decision to not wear a mask, I have a very valid answer explaining why I'm not.
Nitro Power
AG
I have a valid reason too...a couple actually

1) Freedom
2) They never have and never will work
aTm2004
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

This
I've had covid already
My wife wants me to get the vaccine, and I'm like why do I need it if I've already had it?
Anyways not worth the fight, I'd rather have sex sometime soon so I'm getting it Monday. But I straight up told her if we weren't married there is no way I would get it.

You're putting your life on the line. Gotta be worth anal, at least.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
SoupNazi2001 said:

TXTransplant said:

I didn't say any place is. I got vaccinated so that IF anyone questions my decision to not wear a mask, I have a very valid answer explaining why I'm not.

Or you could just say you already had Covid and was a mild case, which is better than a vaccine. I'm done pandering to people.

Yes, I could, and had I not been able to get the shot, I would ha e said that. But there were other reasons why I decided to get vaccinated, too.

I just like to be indisputably right
SquanchyAg
Nitro Power said:

1) Freedom
and truth be told, there's always going to be dirty mafuggers spreading and catching disease and sickness regardless of who wears a mask or gets a vaccine. so I guess I agree with y'all that masks are pointless.

chances are, if someone has caught covid, their poor choices or just plain dirtyness or lack of hygiene is the reason.

same concept as when some sick chick decides that it's a good idea to head out to a bar and sack up with 3 dudes in one night when she has the flu. dirty people spread disease. always been that way and probably always will. regardless of who wears a mask or gets a vaccine.
Keegan99
AG
Quote:

chances are, if someone has caught covid, their poor choices or just plain dirtyness or lack of hygiene is the reason.

Uh... No. That's not how respiratory viruses work.
SquanchyAg
Keegan99 said:

Quote:

Uh... No. That's not how respiratory viruses work.
seems like hanging around with or being near dirty, sickly people constitutes a poor choice on someone's part - so I tend to think it is how they work.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
A patriotic doesn't acquiesce.
Post removed:
by user
Ronnie
AG
Keegan99 said:

Ronnie said:

TAM85 said:

That's not correct. There is strong evidence to suggest that T-cell immunity is durable.

That's good to hear! I thought I heard this was like the flu and never going away permanently. I must have been misinformed. I sure as hell hope I don't have to go get another vaccine every fall.

Although rare, there have been some cases of reinfection. And as we all have been told, the mutations and variants are happening and will continue of course. Seems like that would mean you aren't immune forever, but what do I know? If you have the basic immunity to fight a SARS COVID thingy, perhaps you can fight off the variants and the risk of infection would be really low or the effects would be mild. Since SARS was around I wonder if that is why some people have seemingly non event infections while others get full blown ventilator or ICU scares.

2nd shot for me today. Selfishly, I want more people to get the vaccine because I think the governments (fed state and local) will use that number to end all the BS restrictions.
aTm2004
AG
Not really Tine related, but a good read for your morning drop.

Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
Up at Lake Conroe for the weekend and masks are non existent except for employees
Post removed:
by user
The Wonderer
AG
third coast.. said:

The real crazies are over half of you mask loving hypochondriacs still scared of this thing after getting the vaccine.

WTF?? I wasn't overly worried about getting it before (I've been exposed twice and not contracted), but I will have ZERO concern post-vax. People are dumb.
jetch17
AG
Post vax, people can suck my balls fully about a mask
TarponChaser
SquanchyAg said:

Nitro Power said:

1) Freedom
and truth be told, there's always going to be dirty mafuggers spreading and catching disease and sickness regardless of who wears a mask or gets a vaccine. so I guess I agree with y'all that masks are pointless.

same concept as when some sick chick decides that it's a good idea to head out to a bar and sack up with 3 dudes in one night when she has the flu. dirty people spread disease. always been that way and probably always will. regardless of who wears a mask or gets a vaccine.

Even more proof you deserve every bit of derision and mockery headed your way.
Alex Bregman
AG
Moving target must stay moving for our benevolent government overlords.
AgLiving06
How is it possible that mask mandates are getting worse?

Went to HEB today without issue. Got asked if I wanted a mask, I said no, and that was that.

I needed something that HEB didn't have so I went over to Krogers. I've been in this Krogers several times without a mask and without an issue. Today a guard stops me and says I need a mask to be in the store and tries to walk me over to where I guess they have masks. I say no and walk out.

It's been a month since the mandate was dropped and cases are falling. I just don't get it.
ptothemo
AG
They were probably just mad that you called it Krogers and selectively enforced the masking out of spite.
Post removed:
by user
Unemployed
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

AgLiving06 said:

Went to HEB today without issue. Got asked if I wanted a mask, I said no, and that was that.

I needed something that HEB didn't have so I went over to Krogers. I've been in this Krogers several times without a mask and without an issue. Today a guard stops me and says I need a mask to be in the store and tries to walk me over to where I guess they have masks. I say no and walk out.

It's been a month since the mandate was dropped and cases are falling. I just don't get it.

It's all political and virtue signaling at this point. Just makes no sense.
These businesses are afraid of getting canceled so they want to placate the vocal minority who are quick to go on social media to say how terrible these places are if they don't mandate mask-wearing.
SidsBurnerAccount
RealTalk said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

AgLiving06 said:

It's all political and virtue signaling at this point. Just makes no sense.
These businesses are afraid of getting canceled so they want to placate the vocal minority who are quick to go on social media to say how terrible these places are if they don't mandate mask-wearing.

Went to Buchanan's plants in the Heights today....lady asked me to put on a mask. It was sunny and everyone is outside. Just crazy fear behavior.
Stat Monitor Repairman
That sounds like some bull**** that would happen a Buchannan's.

Its all just a wild cultural fad now. Ready for this **** to end.
Ag06Law
AG
ptothemo said:

They were probably just mad that you called it Krogers and selectively enforced the masking out of spite.

I'm sure he went to Whataburgers afterwards to get some comfort food, then went to Walmarts to get what he needed.
RVAg02
AG
Buchanan's is the epicenter of Heights ideology, which is the epicenter of virtue signaling in Houston. I remember having to wear a mask last summer there in 100 degree weather. Misery. Great plant nursery, but definitely covidiots.
Irish 2.0
RVAg02 said:

Buchanan's is the epicenter of Heights ideology, which is the epicenter of virtue signaling in Houston. I remember having to wear a mask last summer there in 100 degree weather. Misery. Great plant nursery, but definitely covidiots.

I live a few blocks from it and I laugh every time I walk/drive by because they're all in masks and no one is anyone near each other.
RVAg02
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

RVAg02 said:

I live a few blocks from it and I laugh every time I walk/drive by because they're all in masks and no one is anyone near each other.

It's like the people in my neighborhood that walk as husband and wife down an empty street in the bright sunshine wearing masks. WTF?
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.