Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,614 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
CowtownAg06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also keep in mind, that regardless of what Greggo, Lina, or Sly say, private business can do what they want. If HEB still requires it, that's their choice.
Ag06Law
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Question, if Abbott says "Take 'em off" and releases the mandated mask order. Can Sly and city council write their own ordinance and implement their own?

I remember early on Lina and Sly attempted to implement lockdown orders above and beyond what the state had ordered and they were denied. Counties fall under state jurisdiction and unlike incorporated cities, they cannot order their own ordinances.

This would all fall under emergency powers after a declaration, but I'm unclear what cities and counties could possibly do.
Abbott's orders Trump Lina and Sly. Only work around I can think of is if the cities try to make it part of health code which I'm sure Abbott would probably nix too
I wouldn't be so sure. Recall that the state of affairs for a couple weeks before he issued his statewide mandate was that cities/counties couldn't mandate that people wear masks, but they could fine businesses who didn't force their customers to wear masks. Hopefully his new orders would eliminate that garbage, but I don't really trust him.
Irish 2.0
CowtownAg06 said:

Also keep in mind, that regardless of what Greggo, Lina, or Sly say, private business can do what they want. If HEB still requires it, that's their choice.
Which I 100% support a business' right to choose which policies they put in place. It's the mandating from the government that I want gone
aTm2004
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Yep, and this is the way it should have been from the start. Let the private business choose what kind of policy they want to implement and keep government out of it. If Abbott lifts the mask orders and HEB keeps the policy while Kroger drops it, I'll shop at Kroger until HEB drops it. There's a Kroger about 1.5 miles past HEB that I have no problem going to.
chjoak
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

True but most of them won't make a big deal if they want to keep making money. Technically HEB, Kroger, Buccees, etc... all require masks now yet I see people in all of them every day with no mask and no one says anything.
Irish 2.0
chjoak said:

CowtownAg06 said:

True but most of them won't make a big deal if they want to keep making money. Technically HEB, Kroger, Buccees, etc... all require masks now yet I see people in all of them every day with no mask and no one says anything.
aTm2004
AG
I've noticed many of the signs on the front doors of business indicate something along the lines of "Due to a county requirement" or some variant of that. It tells me they only have one because they're being forced.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Kroger near my house is a stickler about it. I've had two neighbors now issued trespass warnings for not wearing masks.
Keegan99
AG
Buddy in a left coast state went with https://fakemaskusa.com/
Irish 2.0
Ducks4brkfast said:

Kroger near my house is a stickler about it. I've had two neighbors now issued trespass warnings for not wearing masks.
Kroger employees at Shepherd and 11th give me a stare, but no one has said anything. I honestly think they're told not to say anything because corporate is afraid of creating any type of conflict that could create an incident
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I guess my Kroger didn't get the memo. Cashier won't check you out without a mask.
chjoak
AG
aTm2004 said:

I've noticed many of the signs on the front doors of business indicate something along the lines of "Due to a county requirement" or some variant of that. It tells me they only have one because they're being forced.
The signs I've seen are either a simple "don't come in unless your wearing a mask" (typically small businesses) or says something about Governor mandate. Agreed, the ones that blame the government seem to care the least.
chjoak
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I don't go to Kroger often and I see far fewer "offenders" there but I have seen a few unmasked.
Fitch
AG
Technicality here... Abbott's executive order gave municipalities the ability to amend their dress code requirements for commercial businesses to include masks as part of the long standing no shirt / no shoes / no service policies. It's the business that gets in trouble if someone is in their place of business with no mask, not the individual.

/splitting hairs
aTm2004
AG
TomaAto tomato. His mandate allowed it and he needs to remove it.
drumboy
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Kroger employees at Shepherd and 11th give me a stare, but no one has said anything. I honestly think they're told not to say anything because corporate is afraid of creating any type of conflict that could create an incident

They need to open the bar back up.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
AustinCountyAg
god bless living in the country and not ever wearing a mask in any business since this **** started. The few times I've been out to Katy in Bucceess and Academy etc numerous times as well never wearing a mask. It helps walking around with a resting ***** face like I do. Nobody has yet to ever say a word to me.

**** the mask police
CFTXAG10
AG
Fitch said:

More likely he says bars and restaurants can start phasing back to 50% / 75% open, not that that makes a difference because we're basically there anyway, and that restrictions on senior facilities, etc are off given most of that population has been vaccinated.

Likely to hear vaccination opening up for Phase 1C and beyond this month and in April with a surge in new supply availability.

Mask off in May / June but that's just my wildcard guess. It's the lease politically fraught thing to keep in place and doesn't affect businesses.
This is why my prediction is that he goes 100% open on restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. At this point it really is not giving up much of anything. Then he gives some PC answer on masks, but they don't go away yet.
XpressAg09
AG
Ag_07 said:

Well you heard her...Buckle down fellas!!

Diversity is our strength!
Diggity
AG
I think it's easier to blame the country mandate so they proprietor doesn't have to be the "bad guy" if/when people complain.
Diggity
AG
Quote:

It comes barely a week after the ever-evolving virus' death toll in the United States passed the half-million mark, a grim figure that Musser and other experts believe will continue to increase unless Americans double-down on social distancing, masks and vaccination efforts.

skimming that article, it really is amusing that every damn journalist uses the phrase "grim...." when describing covid trends. These folks truly are about a year or two from being totally replaced by AI.
David_Puddy
AG
Lina is a grim human
Diggity
AG
New Covid mascot

BohunkAg
AG
Freaking Massachusetts lifted the restaurant restrictions before Texas.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/02/28/massachusetts-reopening-plan-covid-restrictions-loosen-monday-including-restaurant-capacity/
Bassmaster
AG
HEB doesn't enforce the mask policy. I go about twice a week to the one at Rayford/99 and haven't worn a mask in months. Not a word from employees or customers the entire time.
LostInLA07
AG
BohunkAg said:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/02/28/massachusetts-reopening-plan-covid-restrictions-loosen-monday-including-restaurant-capacity/

How in the hell is this legal?

" Gatherings at private homes and backyards remain limited to 10 people inside and 25 outdoors."
BohunkAg
AG
LostInLA07 said:

BohunkAg said:

How in the hell is this legal?

" Gatherings at private homes and backyards remain limited to 10 people inside and 25 outdoors."
Better yet, how will they enforce it.
jetch17
AG
Here we go.
aTm2004
AG
Referred to tech as a premier educational institution...dude is about 4 margaritas in.
CFTXAG10
AG
100% open, waiting on clarification....
gougler08
AG
No capacity restrictions...come on full Kyle Field in the fall
CFTXAG10
AG
"State mandates are no longer needed"

"Ending the statewide mask mandate"
AlaskanAg99
AG
State mandates are no longer needed...

New EO rescinds older.

All biz open 100%, ending mask mandate.
aTm '99
gougler08
AG
Woah, he actually did it
Ducks4brkfast
AG
/ fist pump
First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.