Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,322 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm A+ and had zero symptoms whatsoever, so ....

It's a total crapshoot. I'm considering myself super lucky that
1. I caught it when I did. If I didn't have that random test, my wife and I would have been contagious at our family Christmas with my parents, my pregnant sister in-law, and her 85 year old grandmother.
2. I had no symptoms.
TXTransplant
I'm also A and had very minor symptoms. I think my son is also A, and he didn't catch it from me.
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

I'm also A and had very minor symptoms. I think my son is also A, and he didn't catch it from me.
Agree...not sure how the blood type factors in. From what I've seen (anecdotally) a ton of it is due to stuff like diabetes and general health....it's knocking down a lot of people who weren't healthy to begin with. Not that I wish that on anyone.
TXTransplant
I read that Facebook post, and clotting factors makes sense. And I guess some blood types may clot easier than others. But even the post says that being one blood type or another doesn't make you more or less likely to get sick.

Seems like it's much more complicated than just blood type.

But what causes an otherwise healthy person to contract sudden onset diabetes? Or a young, healthy person to get cancer?
cone
AG
Don't get sick right now

Hospitals aren't taking transfers, everything is full

no bull****
jetch17
AG
cone said:

Don't get sick right now

Hospitals aren't taking transfers, everything is full

no bull****

In LA....
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Trauma Service Area R (greater Houston area) hit the 15% threshold of COVID Hospitalizations out of Total Hospital Capacity for the first time today. If we continue above the 15% threshold for the next 6 days (likely), bars close again per Abbott's orders.

Keegan99
AG
So Abbott is blaming bars for uncontrollable seasonal trends of a respiratory virus.
cone
AG
nope

listen you can think it's bull**** that's fine

but I'm just posting what I'm hearing as it stands right now
jetch17
AG
Where are you seeing that? Or did a friend of a doctors cousin say that?

I'll have to check the TMC dailies
cone
AG
jetch17 said:

hearing from a family member
Bondag
AG
Phase I almost full of flu covid patients.
jetch17
AG
gougler08
AG
cone said:

jetch17 said:

I see corona bro cone is posting today...
cone
AG
whatever however you cope
gougler08
AG
And while it's going up...not to where we were back in the summer so seems your family member may not be 100% accurate (shocker)

cone
AG
so you're saying that the hospitals they are trying to transfer patients to in the greater Houston area are lying

okay

you beat me with facts and logic and a chart
Fitch
AG
Pretty significant jump in the statewide hospitalization stats today. Probably partly due to catching up from Christmas non-reporting but still a decent jump up.

I'm in Dallas area for the holidays and hospital status up here is no bueno.
thenational
AG
I just admitted into St Luke's today for a separate issue. No problem getting a room. Cone, you are a LIAR. Go away.
thenational
AG
You heard that info from someone and you are using that to spread fear. It's a lie. I am sitting in a room at St Luke's right now that I got admitted into this afternoon. How'd that happen? Pathetic.
Ag_07
AG
Probably not transferring to reduce possible spread (or any other reason really) but doubt it's related to capacity issues.
cone
AG
I will absolutely grant that I haven't heard anything about canceling elective procedures but they wouldn't do that unless forced to so ymmv
cone
AG
reduce spread?

these same patients could have walked into that hospitals ER

there's no reducing spread that way. the itis is pretty much everywhere.
cone
AG
you're in their ICU? or you entered the hospital via the ER?

lol at me spreading fear. I want this **** over with. It's miserable.
gougler08
AG
I'm saying that while they may not accept transfers, it is not due solely to Covid / capacity issues as we have been higher during the summer spike and never reached full hospital capacity, which the chart clearly shows

I'm sure your family member is accurate to some degree, but not to the finality that you made it seem in your post
cone
AG
tough but fair

still it would we wise not to get sick enough to go to an ER right now. it's a **** show.
Onceaggie2.0
unreal that hospitals being overrun is still a thing..ICU's are made to run at capacity good fing god
XpressAg09
AG
Let's take anecdotal evidence out and look at, you know, the horse's mouth.

ICU is 98% occupied, of which, 25% are Covid.

That grey bar? You see that little guy, that's surge capacity.

thenational
AG
I came through the ER, no choice.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
I'm just posting to get us closer to the next page, an odd numbered page, so that Cone will post there as a COVID-doubting, freedom loving SOB.
gougler08
AG
cone said:

tough but fair

still it would we wise not to get sick enough to go to an ER right now. it's a **** show.

Agreed, I'd try to avoid hospitals at all costs and I'm glad my wife gave birth in November before it started to get bad again
htxag09
AG
We had our first this month and the hospital was a ghost town. I didn't notice anyone else when we were in labor and delivery. I think 3 of the like 10 rooms in our wing for recovery were occupied. It did suck ass not being able to have food delivered and eating hospital cafeteria food for 3+ days, though
Ag06Law
AG
cone said:

tough but fair

I went to the ER two weeks ago. The nurse was complaining that I wasn't sick enough to make him stay, so he was about to be sent home early for the second night in a row. Large Memorial Hermann hospital on a Saturday night. Not a **** show in the slightest.
AgsMyDude
AG
cone said:

jetch17 said:

What hospital?
SquanchyAg
Ducks4brkfast said:

Trauma Service Area R (greater Houston area) hit the 15% threshold of COVID Hospitalizations out of Total Hospital Capacity for the first time today. If we continue above the 15% threshold for the next 6 days (likely), bars close again per Abbott's orders.

aren't the bars all now restaurants so they can just stay open? all the bars around me starting selling food or getting food trucks so they are currently operating at a super high capacity. I didn't realize there were any "bars" left that were 51% alcohol.
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.