Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,327 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Matt Hooper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get it - but healthcare is only one component to the overall economy. It can't be the only limiting variable.
Hooper Drives the Boat
W
AG
random question...is the Buc-ee's on 290 in Harris County?

very close to the Waller-Harris county line
Jet Black
Buc-ee's will be closing?
htxag09
AG
Agreed. But if, and I'll be honest, big if at this point, as previously stated, this is all basically a human experiment, it did get to that point, the rest of the economy would crash anyway. This is trying to control both sides of it. Limit the shutdown and keep hospitals and public resources going.
W
AG
the food-serving part perhaps --- not sure if that counts as a restaurant
Diggity
AG
Wouldn't think so. They don't even have places to sit down do they?
spider96
AG
Nope, Buccee's is takeout only. The only issue is that you get lots of people hanging around during busy times waiting on food.
Matt Hooper
AG
Fair point - and I know I don't know.
Hooper Drives the Boat
IrishTxAggie
AG
I said for all I care. I didn't say we should.
swimmerbabe11
... so to clarify, you dont think the government *should* round people up and put them into a poisonous rat trap, but as long as you can get a green beer for St. Patty's day, it wont actually affect your mood?

Perfect.
agdaddy04
AG
agz win said:

Is this All true? It was posted on another thread. Particularly item 3.

Harris county starting tomorrow at 8am for next 15 days
1. Restaurants only delivery/pickup/drive through
2. bars/clubs closed
3. stay home unless HAVE to go out

When did number 3 come out?
Liquid Wrench
swimmerbabe11 said:

... so to clarify, you dont think the government *should* round people up and put them into a poisonous rat trap, but as long as you can get a green beer for St. Patty's day, it wont actually affect your mood?

Perfect.

I don't know what yall are talking about but I'm celebrating St. Patrick's day now.
Jackal99
AG
Body By Fisher said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

I don't know what yall are talking about but I'm celebrating St. Patrick's day now.

MyMan.gif
AgCPA95
AG
W said:

random question...is the Buc-ee's on 290 in Harris County?

very close to the Waller-Harris county line

Right inside Waller county
Post removed:
by user
rilloaggie
AG
And we whiffed on a pair of canvasbacks.
cajunaggie08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

agz win said:

Is this All true? It was posted on another thread. Particularly item 3.

Harris county starting tomorrow at 8am for next 15 days
1. Restaurants only delivery/pickup/drive through
2. bars/clubs closed
3. stay home unless HAVE to go out

When did number 3 come out?
Its not govt mandated yet but its just a really good ****ing idea. seeing the number of social media posts of people at bars and restaurants over the weekend while the cdc was stressing we need to be social distancing proves that the majority of the people either dont know what happening, refuse to acknowledge the seriousness of whats happening, or is too dumb to the get the hint so now big brother has to step in. From President Trump's own mouth, he said we should avoid gatherings of 10 people. The local government got the message and is taking action.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

I don't care about the green beer. I don't even celebrate the holiday outside of a little Irish cream in my coffee. I do care about gross abuse by government officials and the economic impact that this has on businesses with models completely built around socialization. The people they'll lay off. The doors that will shut.

The world is about to get one of the biggest case studies in economics ever. Did stopping the world economy kill more than the virus itself?
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Did stopping the world economy kill more than the virus itself?

Not something we wanna find out.
Bondag
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

I don't care about the green beer. I don't even celebrate the holiday outside of a little Irish cream in my coffee. I do care about gross abuse by government officials and the economic impact that this has on businesses with models completely built around socialization. The people they'll lay off. The doors that will shut.

The world is about to get one of the biggest case studies in economics ever. Did stopping the world economy kill more than the virus itself?
I wonder if you calculate the spike in heart attacks and strokes for 50-60 who just saw their retirement go out the door how it tracks against corona cases in same age group.
swimmerbabe11
okay, okay, okay, I think the point of my original post went whooshing past your head..but I get it. These are stressful times. I work retail and rely on commission sales to pay my bills. I'm freaking out too. Trying to concentrate on helping my neighbor is keeping me calm.

All I was saying is that it was ironic that you said that this was a totalitarian type move and offered up an (albeit hyperbolic and joking) a far more power hungry crazy government move.

We'll all get through this. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
Chewy
AG
I'm still amazed all those years ago the Wu Tang Clan told us this was coming when they told us the Wuhan Virus Ain't Nuttin ta Fug Wit. They saw the future.

I would love to see Trump break out in this song at his next presser.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Where can I find testing data for Harris County? Number of tests performed and number of confirmed cases?
combat wombat™
AG
I'm out and about so I can't post links but I just saw these on news links on Facebook.

6th Person from that egipshun trip was found a how Corona virus.

12 cases in Harris County have been confirmed at this point.
David_Puddy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

Would you rather have an overwhelmed health care and hospital system and have a situation like what's going Italy or have a bunch of bartenders & waitresses on a 2 week unpaid vacation? If a bar/restaurant has to shut down because of 2 weeks off, there's a high chance they would have had to do so if this wasn't going on anyway.
07fta07
AG
You're assuming it's only going to be 2 weeks. Remember when schools were only closing for a couple days to 1 week?
07fta07
AG
You're assuming it's only going to be 2 weeks. Remember when schools were only closing for a couple days to 1 week?
David_Puddy
AG
07fta07 said:

So you'd prefer people congregating in large crowds spreading the virus to essentially everyone who goes to a bar? Hell a server or bartender who contracts it will be bed ridden for a couple weeks anyway, so I'd prefer using precautionary measures than reactionary ones.
David_Puddy
AG
07fta07 said:

So you'd prefer people congregating in large crowds spreading the virus to essentially everyone who goes to a bar? Hell a server or bartender who contracts it will be bed ridden for a couple weeks anyway, so I'd prefer using precautionary measures than reactionary ones.
IrishTxAggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

Would you rather have an overwhelmed health care and hospital system and have a situation like what's going Italy or have a bunch of bartenders & waitresses on a 2 week unpaid vacation? If a bar/restaurant has to shut down because of 2 weeks off, there's a high chance they would have had to do so if this wasn't going on anyway.
You realize that Italy is a ****hole with a horrible healthcare system don't you?
David_Puddy
AG
07fta07 said:

Caliber
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

David_Puddy said:

IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

You realize that Italy is a ****hole with a horrible healthcare system don't you?
Bull*****. It's Europe. The entire continent has social programs and healthcare that we would die for!
David_Puddy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

David_Puddy said:

IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

Well not sure if you've turned on the news at all, but there's a shortage of rooms/beds in hospitals that would overwhelm our system just like theirs if this thing spreads rapidly like it has there, don't you? That has nothing to do with the quality of doctors.
cajunaggie08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

David_Puddy said:

IrishTxAggie said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Perfect.

And America's healthcare system ranges from great to horrible depending on location and insurance options.
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.