Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,740 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chewy said:

I'm glad they're not. HEB is doing just fine making decisions that's best for themselves and their customers in the short and long term without answering to moron investors every quarter.

Not saying being publicly traded is bad but there's a time and place. It could actually be detrimental to HEB as they're rocking and rolling just fine.

In fact, now that I think about the best places I can think of when it comes to customer service are private which includes CFA, HEB, and Buc-ees. I don't think that's completely a coincidence.
Completely understand that aspect of it. I just want to invest in their business genius and acumen during the tough times
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Just got the email we are transitioning to WFH if you can with a skeleton crew remaining at the office. Mid-size full service law firm with offices in Houston and Austin.
lancevance
"If your job can be done from home then it can be done from Bangalore"
- C.E.O of a major corp.
SweaterVest
AG
lancevance said:

- C.E.O of a major corp.

*assuming there is someone in Bangalore with the skills and abilities to do it...
CDUB98
AG
Our company:

"Yeah, you can do your job from home, but we don't give a ***** Get your ass to the office. Oh, and we care about the safety of our people."
cajunaggie08
AG
SweaterVest said:

lancevance said:

- C.E.O of a major corp.

*assuming there is someone in Bangalore with the skills and abilities to do it...
Of course they have the skills. It says engineer on their linked profile.
swimmerbabe11
same. "we care about you, but we arent limiting guests, reducing hours or appointments, no If we the store closes there is no plan to create a paid vacation for that time, basically nothing will change except telling you to stop shaking hands with customers."
IrishTxAggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

same. "we care about you, but we arent limiting guests, reducing hours or appointments, no If we the store closes there is no plan to create a paid vacation for that time, basically nothing will change except telling you to stop shaking hands with customers."
Y'all doing the elbow bump?
CDUB98
AG
They're also cleaning the construction site trailers I'm in today so hard that I had to step outside into a chem plant for some fresh air. 'Tis a bit much PineSol.
swimmerbabe11
Alley Theatre, Houston, TX
We were very disappointed to have to close our production of 1984. Our staff and actors spent months preparing the show for you, and we know you were all looking forward to seeing this production come to life on the stage. Good news! For a limited time, you will be able to watch the production in your own home.
Because of our commitment to you, we are taping a performance and will be sending a password protected link to current ticket holders and those who'd like to purchase the opportunity to view 1984. (More information to come about purchasing).
FarmerJohn
AG
SweaterVest said:

lancevance said:

- C.E.O of a major corp.

There will be once you train them. Problem solved. Bonus please.
Zemira
AG
Well even though it's going to be difficult we are being offered work from home plus scheduled times to come in for the coming days.

Any out of town vacations (not just plane travel) requires a 14 day unpaid quarantine at home to upon return.

And we are closing the dining rooms in our stores after today. Counter service is still available, but you can't stay in the store. We may go to drive thru only and the stores without drive thru, curbside service (but CEO doesn't want this as employees aren't used to that kind of service). And it's all moot if the city and/or county shut everything down. Plus all the other stores out of town and out of state.

This is all a huge freaking mess. And everything is subject to change 5 minutes later.
aTm2004
AG
Email went out during lunch with a mandatory WFH through April...

Cromagnum
AG
Ours is work from home if possible. We of course have network outages at work going on today so it's not very possible to do work onsite anyways. So dumb.
Ag_07
AG
Some of the questions on our COVID conference call this afternoon gave me new insight and the hoarding of TP now makes complete sense.

People are dumb
lancevance
Ag_07 said:

Some of the questions on our COVID conference call this afternoon gave me new insight and the hoarding of TP now makes complete sense.

People are dumb

As a person who majored in a scientific degree, I agree.
spadilly
S
WFH notice went out for our company.
I'm on the skeleton crew that gets to stay in the office.
gougler08
AG
Ag_07 said:

People are dumb
Bill O'Brien probably hoarded TP
bearkatag15
AG
gougler08 said:

Ag_07 said:

People are dumb
Bill O'Brien probably traded the TP

FIFY
sts7049
AG
jj watt for a 6 pack of charmin sounds like something he would do
IrishTxAggie
AG
sts7049 said:

Ultra Strong or Ultra Soft?
YellAg2004
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

sts7049 said:

He probably needs soft after the ass-raping he just took from Arizona.
htxag09
AG
YellAg2004 said:

IrishTxAggie said:

sts7049 said:

He probably needs soft after the ass-raping he just took from Arizona.
w/ aloe
randy828
AG
WFH email sent out to our company this afternoon effective tomorrow.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
lunchbox
tylercsbn9
AG
I assume the restaurants will be take out/drive thru only?

Because if they close restaurants I'd expect all hell to break loose.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I just read an update on the cook-off related cases. All four did visit the same tent.
Flashdiaz
AG
would be dumb to close restaurants completely because it would force everyone to flood the grocery stores even more so.
Diggity
AG
they ever say which one?
CFTXAG10
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

I assume the restaurants will be take out/drive thru only?

Because if they close restaurants I'd expect all hell to break loose.
That would be the more reasonable ask. A lot of places are already doing this. Just make it mandatory for a few weeks.

CowtownAg06
AG
I don't think anywhere went to completely shut.
TXAG 05
AG
Diggity said:

they ever say which one?

LPOA Roadkill.
Diggity
AG
thanks
Tom Hagen
AG
lunchbox said:

Fascist ****s.

I will support establishments who defy the order.
Fitch
AG
Link to the press release live stream:

https://www.click2houston.com/health/2020/03/07/latest-follow-the-developments-of-the-coronavirus-cases-in-the-houston-area/
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.