Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,386 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cone
AG
yikes
agdaddy04
AG
Have they said his age?
TXTransplant
agdaddy04 said:

Have they said his age?

40s. All four of the MoCo cases are people in their 40s.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Was he a smoker? Any pre existing conditions? If not that goes against the norm doesn't it?
jenn96
AG
That's sobering. I'm 46. A relatively healthy 46 but still.
agdaddy04
AG
Did they say whether he's unconscious from the virus or from his wife?
TXTransplant
98Ag99Grad said:

Was he a smoker? Any pre existing conditions? If not that goes against the norm doesn't it?

Article doesn't say much else.

AFAIK, only one of the other three cases required hospitalization. According to the article, the other man, also in his 40s, is in the hospital in good condition. A woman whose case is related to his, is at home, and I don't think the second woman who tested positive required hospitalization, either.
TXTransplant
DP
IrishTxAggie
AG
Y'all ever seen the deputies in Montgomery Co.? I'm gonna bet not a healthy 40s...
Liquid Wrench
98Ag99Grad said:

STD's are pretty rampant in Patton Village. Like, kind of stuff you don't really hear folks talk about anymore.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Is there a syphilis outbreak amongst a swinger's colony?
Ag_N_Houston
AG
TXTransplant said:

Tomball ISD just sent out an email asking parents to self-report any travel outside the state of Texas. My kid flies back from Alabama tomorrow. I'm debating when to report. I feel like I need to observe him for a few days, first.
Please report it to the school. The districts are trying to do their best to keep track for safety purposes. Remember, there are teachers that are teaching with cancer and kids that live with little old grandma.
TXTransplant
Ag_N_Houston said:

TXTransplant said:

Tomball ISD just sent out an email asking parents to self-report any travel outside the state of Texas. My kid flies back from Alabama tomorrow. I'm debating when to report. I feel like I need to observe him for a few days, first.
Please report it to the school. The districts are trying to do their best to keep track for safety purposes. Remember, there are teachers that are teaching with cancer and kids that live with little old grandma.

I will report it. Its not a matter of if, but when. The form specifically asks if the child is having any symptoms. He's not here. I haven't seen him in a week. He will be home tomorrow. I feel obligated to observe him for a few days before commenting on whether or not he has symptoms.

I'm not helping their efforts if I say "no" at this point and am wrong.

They aren't going back to school next week, and I'm not optimistic they will go back the week after that. So, it seems like giving it a few days is the logical thing to do.
Federale01
AG
I don't even know why it matters at this point. It is every where. I think it would be far more important to ask if a student has symptoms rather than if they traveled somewhere here in the U.S.
Ciboag96
Federale01 said:

I don't even know why it matters at this point. It is every where. I think it would be far more important to ask if a student has symptoms rather than if they traveled somewhere here in the U.S.

"Have you been within 6ft of another human being or touched any surface in the past 2 weeks?"
dshedd41
S
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Live-Coronavirus-Updates-Matagorda-County-15132654.php
Gig’em Aggies!
htxag09
AG
Federale01 said:

Agree it's everywhere. But don't think asking for symptoms would do any good, either. Kids have shown to be asymptomatic.
Texan_Aggie
AG
So where are the Tine drive thru COVID tests? I'm not planning to go, was just curious.

H-E-B was out of toilet paper yesterday so had to load up on Imodium instead.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Austin has theirs up and running. Think San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas are coming online early next week
cone
AG
where in Austin?

drive thru testing will relieve so much pressure on our HC system
IrishTxAggie
AG
Not sure. Saw something on Twitter earlier
Stat Monitor Repairman
I think there's gonna be a ton of people itching to go get tested for no reason other than to participate in the drama.
cone
AG
I found it. That's excellent news.
Bondag
AG
So these test centers count towards social distancing?

My brother thinks that if only 3/4 of people stay at home it will make an impact. Then I asked him how many different places he socially distanced this weekend and he said it was ok because it was only full restaurants and not like the rodeo.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

I think there's gonna be a ton of people itching to go get tested for no reason other than to participate in the drama.

I don't think it means anyone can just show up and get tested. Thought you had to register on a website confirming you had symptoms.
K_P
AG
We're working from home till further notice. Really hope it works out well.....with oil in the crapper we really need to be firing on all cylinders right now.
. . .
Quote:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/education/article/Houston-schools-could-stay-closed-for-rest-of-15133141.php

Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath told education and legislative officials Sunday that schools could remain closed long-term potentially through the remainder of the academic year in regions with community spread of the novel coronavirus, including the Houston area.

In a conference call with superintendents, legislative officials and others, Morath said the state is "likely looking at large numbers of kids" possibly missing the rest of the school year, the Houston Chronicle has learned. He added it's "marginally optimistic" to believe already-shuttered schools in areas with an outbreak will re-open within the next eight weeks.

Morath advised district leaders to begin preparing messages to parents notifying them that classes could remain canceled beyond March.

State Rep. Jared Patterson, R-Frisco, publicly confirmed Morath's comments, writing in a Facebook post that the commissioner said schools could be closed for many weeks or potentially months.

Morath said Sunday that state standardized testing would become "a moot point" if schools are closed for an extended period. The first round of widely-administered standardized tests were scheduled for early April. TEA officials are expected to announce additional decisions on testing in the next few days.

The commissioner also warned Sunday that graduation and prom ceremonies likely would be impacted if schools remain closed long-term.

Texas Education Agency officials have told districts they must continue to support students instructionally to avoid extending their school year, though they have given wide discretion on how to deliver educational materials and support to children. Districts across the Houston area have unveiled preliminary distance learning plans and continue to craft longer-term preparations.
Teddy KGB
AG
Bondag said:

So these test centers count towards social distancing?

My brother thinks that if only 3/4 of people stay at home it will make an impact. Then I asked him how many different places he socially distanced this weekend and he said it was ok because it was only full restaurants and not like the rodeo.
Do me a favor and smack your brother for logic fail.
gougler08
AG
RDS corporate is working from home starting tomorrow, we shall see how it goes
Liquid Wrench
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Yep. The toilet paper and water people will need to be tested immediately.
tamuags08
AG
I see someone posted about RDS. Anyone from Exxon or chevron that can comment if you guys are working from home?
07fta07
AG
Don't work for Chevron but talked to 2 people today that do and they both said they've all been told to work from home.
lancevance
I heard no new cases today in Houston.
HouAggie2007
Insert Eddie Murphy you can't find any cases if you don't test meme
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.