Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,538 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
RK
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

There are police directing traffic in the parking lot. They've restricted access to the building via a single entrance. To enter everyone is screened and given an arm band. Everyone has to wear a mask.

jetch17
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Hows the supply at Specs holding out?

Went to smith st mothership yesterday - they're even pandering to the hysteria with water, TP & cleaning supplies as you walk in
wessimo
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

My 8 year old son is at his pediatrician at Texas Children's (strep). There are police directing traffic in the parking lot. They've restricted access to the building via a single entrance. To enter everyone is screened and given an arm band. Everyone has to wear a mask.

Dang. Did you attempt to get a scrip using telemedicine? My kids pick up strep once or twice a year and I really don't want to have to go near a clinic to get meds.
Zobel
AG

Quote:

Everyone has to wear a mask.

This seems like a waste of masks.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
wessimo said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

My 8 year old son is at his pediatrician at Texas Children's (strep). There are police directing traffic in the parking lot. They've restricted access to the building via a single entrance. To enter everyone is screened and given an arm band. Everyone has to wear a mask.

Dang. Did you attempt to get a scrip using telemedicine? My kids pick up strep once or twice a year and I really don't want to have to go near a clinic to get meds.
Gotta do the swab for strep, which would have resulted in the visit anyhow, so skipped the teledoc.
aTm2004
AG
Crazy. I took my son to PT this morning and they asked all sorts of questions before they'd let us back, and they almost cancelled the appointment because when they asked if anyone in our household is running a fever, I told them our baby has a slight fever from teething. When they were discussing if they should re-schedule or allow him back, I asked them if they would be having the conversation if I had lied and said "no" when they asked, because they wouldn't know I lied. Instead, I was truthful even though I know 100% what it's from and it's not an uncommon thing to happen. It's like logic and common sense has been thrown out the window.
. . .
Ducks4brkfast
AG
aTm2004 said:

Crazy. I took my son to PT this morning and they asked all sorts of questions before they'd let us back, and they almost cancelled the appointment because when they asked if anyone in our household is running a fever, I told them our baby has a slight fever from teething. When they were discussing if they should re-schedule or allow him back, I asked them if they would be having the conversation if I had lied and said "no" when they asked, because they wouldn't know I lied. Instead, I was truthful even though I know 100% what it's from and it's not an uncommon thing to happen. It's like logic and common sense has been thrown out the window.
My mom had a regularly scheduled doctor visit yesterday. They made every single person wait in their vehicle in the parking lot. When it was your turn to go back, they called your cell. Crazy.
aTm2004
AG
A lot of "he's right" responses. I also agree he's right, but how he went about it was dumb. I'm just glad she held her cool being around that white supremacist.
k20dub
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

I was just telling my wife last night that we need to be careful about getting any other type of sickness or the kids having an accident. Wouldn't want to go near a hospital/doctor's office right now.
Sazerac
AG
that actually makes sense.
waiting rooms are petri dishes
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Mya Shay is one of the more biased reporters in town.
wessimo
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

wessimo said:

Ducks4brkfast said:

Gotta do the swab for strep, which would have resulted in the visit anyhow, so skipped the teledoc.

My thought is maybe the teledoc people would be more liberal with the antibiotic scrips given what is going on at clinics and not require a strep test.
aggiemike02
AG
this is awesome. glad they are doing this.
E
AG
. . . said:

It's always a guy in cargo pants
. . .
combat wombat™
AG
Directly linked to Montgomery Co man? Rodeo cookoff?
TXTransplant
combat wombat said:

Directly linked to Montgomery Co man? Rodeo cookoff?

There are three cases in MoCo - Rodeo cook off guy, a woman who recently traveled to New Orleans, and another guy who traveled to Florida. All three of them are in their 40s.

Reading a couple of other reports, it sounds like the Galveston Co person has a direct connection with one of the MoCo men.

Also just heard that The Woodlands Total Wine store is a refuge providing calm amidst the panic and chaos.
Bogey1996
aTm2004 said:

You sure your baby hasn't been out of the country recently?
Liquid Wrench
. . . said:

***** 100% deserved it too.
Panama Red
AG
Plastic cups at Kirby Ice House.

Starting to hit close to home.
HtownAg92
AG
My neighbor got enough TP yesterday to stock our block. He said there is an secret source that isn't thought of in the TP Hunger Games. I'm not going to give it away, but will give a hint to those who may be desperate:

Tony Stewart
aTm2004
AG
Bogey1996 said:

aTm2004 said:

You sure your baby hasn't been out of the country recently?
Well, now that you mention it, we did have some Italian ladies show up at the door last week looking for Pappagiorgio.
Palovic
Orange
Palovic
Sorry-my comment was in reference to the secret TP source.
TXTransplant
HtownAg92 said:

My neighbor got enough TP yesterday to stock our block. He said there is an secret source that isn't thought of in the TP Hunger Games. I'm not going to give it away, but will give a hint to those who may be desperate:

Tony Stewart

People wised up to that source a few days ago. Even those stores in my area are already sold out (as is OfficeMax). Heard last night they still have paper towels, but people don't seem to be hoarding those quite as much as the tp.

Coworker said Total Wine has cocktail napkins, if you're really desperate.
Pahdz
Home Depot?
Wheatables02
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Tony Stewart
same for Clorox
Palovic
If everybody is so stressed about TP, lord forbid if the secret run on deodorant ever leaks as people are already fearing the inability to shower once the water shuts off
Palovic
I will only give one secret source for TP that nobody has hit yet. All these schools that are out for the remainder to month...... They are loaded with single ply.
TXTransplant
It's a slow day at work, so a tp scavenger hunt has somewhat become entertainment. If you're really desperate, Staples has several different recycled and one-ply options that say they can be delivered by Monday.

https://www.staples.com/Sustainable-Earth-by-Staples-Bath-Tissue-2-Ply-350-Sheets-Roll-48-Rolls-Case-EB20189-CC/product_887836

Ciboag96
Mayor is stopping all utility cutoffs.

So, no need to pay the billz for a while!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Tony Stewart

Run your neighbor over? Seems a little extreme, but maybe about right for these crazy times.
Stat Monitor Repairman
TXTransplant said:

Staples has several different recycled and one-ply options.

Savage.
Flashdiaz
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

TXTransplant said:

Staples has several different recycled and one-ply options.

Savage.

And if that runs out they have lots of printer paper
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.