Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,690 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Panama Red
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
cwpaggie07 said:

TXTransplant said:

Most recent letter from the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston says that they "hope that all schools will be supporting face to face instruction by Sept 8", so that option is out.

My daughters school is Catholic and set to open Aug 18th. I have yet to hear anything otherwise.
Just wait. You will.

I expect the parochial schools to all follow the "at home" until after Labor Day. Catholic leadership generally doesn't like to go against what the government says to do. (edited for poor taste)
SirLurksALot
wessimo said:

Graph updated. The down slope looks perfectly perfect. Nobody better say otherwise or they are a big fat Karen.

Who gives a crap? We have plenty of beds and were never in danger of running out. ICU bed usage barely increased during the spike.
aTm2004
AG
West Texas Lawyer said:

BohunkAg said:

I thought this was funny...."the community pressure's on"

Miya Shay is a dog sh*t "journalist."
Isn't she married to some big Houston dem? Also, don't forget during the Harvey aftermath where she went up to some dudes helping out in a primarily black neighborhood and called them white supremacists. She probably loves Dora's power grab, and they probably facetime each other while flicking their forests.
Panama Red
AG
She's married to state representative Gene Wu.

Despite being a democrat, he does love to hammer Acevedo's incompetence on TV. So he has that going for him.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BohunkAg said:

I thought this was funny...."the community pressure's on"
Very strange way of saying, "idiot public officials have no option but to beg private schools not to compete."
aTm2004
AG
Panama Red said:

She's married to state representative Gene Wu.

Despite being a democrat, he does love to hammer Acevedo's incompetence on TV. So he has that going for him.
Well, not everyone is 100% worthless.
BohunkAg
AG
Panama Red said:

cwpaggie07 said:

TXTransplant said:

Most recent letter from the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston says that they "hope that all schools will be supporting face to face instruction by Sept 8", so that option is out.

My daughters school is Catholic and set to open Aug 18th. I have yet to hear anything otherwise.
Just wait. You will.

I expect the parochial schools to all follow the "at home" until after Labor Day. Catholic leadership generally doesn't like to go against what the government says to do. (Other than the diddling)
F-ck you. I don't like in Houston any more. Our county has a similar order. My kids' school is going back August 18. Nice of you to throw in the child rape joke in though. Real classy.
Ag_07
AG
What's ironic in all of this is that day cares have been open for a while now just quietly going about their business and operating fine while implementing their procedures with no super spreading outbreaks.
LostInLA07
AG
Most day cares never closed
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

What's ironic in all of this is that day cares have been open for a while now just quietly going about their business and operating fine while implementing their procedures with no super spreading outbreaks.
It's almost like kids don't spread it or something...

chjoak
AG
Ag_07 said:

Sssshhhh.... that doesn't fit the narrative.
Panama Red
AG
Lighten up Francis.

I apologize for hurting your pee-pee hole with my prediction.
BohunkAg
AG
Panama Red said:

Lighten up Francis.

I apologize for hurting your pee-pee hole with my prediction.
You didn't hurt me. You may very well be right. You just made yourself look like an ******* with the child rape joke.
Panama Red
AG
Explains why you mentioned that last, after whining I said they'd likely follow suit.

Sorry for the crass joke to anyone I offended. The smiling emoji you posted shows me you were really scarred by it.
Betoisafurry
LostInLA07 said:

My two teacher neighbors prattle on all day on facebook about how we CANNOT let schools open. They've been sending their kid to daycare everyday since March....
BohunkAg
AG
Panama Red said:

Explains why you mentioned that last, after whining I said they'd likely follow suit.

Sorry for the crass joke to anyone I offended. The smiling emoji you posted shows me you were really scarred by it.
Love you.
BohunkAg
AG
Charlie Kelley said:

LostInLA07 said:

My two teacher neighbors prattle on all day on facebook about how we CANNOT let schools open. They've been sending their kid to daycare everyday since March....
They probably have a trip planned to Destin in September.
ChemAg15
AG
If teachers thought they wouldn't get paid for not working, you can bet the lot of them would be knocking down the doors to go back.

This virtual learning is garbage. Either go back to school or don't waste everyone's time.
ChipFTAC01
AG
In my daily " I don't want to talk about this because it just makes me angry" conversation with my wife I had the question about the exemption for private schools.

If they can't close them because of some sort of first amendment reason, then why were they able to order churches closed?

If the county is flexing their muscles over the ISDs and private schools by denying them the right to occupy them shouldn't that apply equally to ALL schools?

I can't square those two ideas. Unless you know, dumb politicians.
cone
AG
at this point, i'd rather them just cancel the semester than force me to try and work from home while being a proctor for the worthless virtual elementary school
AgLiving06
I don't believe the Churches ever we're forced to close, but they chose to close.
cone
AG
weren't large gatherings forbidden?
TXTransplant
ChipFTAC01 said:

In my daily " I don't want to talk about this because it just makes me angry" conversation with my wife I had the question about the exemption for private schools.

If they can't close them because of some sort of first amendment reason, then why were they able to order churches closed?

If the county is flexing their muscles over the ISDs and private schools by denying them the right to occupy them shouldn't that apply equally to ALL schools?

I can't square those two ideas. Unless you know, dumb politicians.

The right to stay open came from a guidance letter issued by AG Ken Paxton.

But I agree - if it's "not safe" for public school to be open, then it's "not safe" for public schools. The double standard is mind-boggling.

I'm not sure about other jurisdictions, but I don't think Harris Co ever closed churches. They restricted the size of groups that could gather. And the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston opted to completely close churches until the initial restrictions were lifted in May. They are only open now to a limited number of attendees and under strict operating conditions.

And the above is why I think Catholic schools in the area will ultimately not open right away - the churches (under the guidance of the Diocese) have been complying with any/all restrictions and recommendations, and in some cases, imposing their own that are even more strict.
FarmerJohn
AG
AgLiving06 said:

I don't believe the Churches ever we're forced to close, but they chose to close.
Hidalgo did order a ban on religious gatherings during the initial closings.

Quote:

Abbott opens church doors

Many congregations moved away from in-person gatherings prior to orders by local officials, including one by Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo that banned gatherings. Abbott subsequently issued an order that reopened churches and other places of worship with limitations; he said religious services should either be conducted remotely or in-person using social distancing guidelines.
Many Houston-area churches not planning to reopen after Abbott clears way for larger services

Basically, in the rush to be in charge, a lot of local leaders (Hidalgo and Turner) issued broad orders on bans of gatherings, making no exception for religious services. Abbott superseded their orders.
Quote:

Hidalgo's order is now seemingly moot, superseded by Abbott's, though local officials have scrambled to figure out how exactly to interpret the governor's directive. Some have said they take issue with the religious exemption and are still ordering religious leaders to cease in-person services while they assess the order.
Despite coronavirus risks, some Texas religious groups are worshipping in person with the governor's blessing
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I really wish someone would **** punt the county judge.
ChemAg15
AG
Can we start a petition? Get enough signiture and she has to respond, right?
wessimo
AG
100 fewer hospitalizations yesterday than the day prior.

Nitro Power
AG
Still a not quite as sharp
wessimo
AG
Nitro Power said:

Still a not quite as sharp

Is that a reflection on self?

Maybe the word you are looking for is "steep?"
Diggity
AG
we talking about the graph or Hidalgo's knees?
ChemAg15
AG
The second derivative of this graph is not nearly negative enough. And dare I say I may spot an inflection point (if I turn my head and squint). School needs to be cancelled for another month, at least. Hopefully our elected savior (hallow be thy tits) will issue a mandatory suggestion to save us all from ourselves.
aTm2004
AG
Umm...

Nitro Power
AG
Guess Dora ends up on shyster wall of shame.

What a ****
gougler08
AG
Do as I say not as I do, ****ing terrible leaders
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 217 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.