Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,896 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Dora gonna Dora...

Her fangirls on Facebook are gonna love that. I can just sense all the Dora-slobbering posts I'll see later.
Diggity
AG
the responses to her tweet are pathetic
AggieT
AG
****ing **** *****. **** her.
LostInLA07
AG
Apparently closes all public and non-religious private schools in Harris County.
Bondag
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Dora gonna Dora...

Since Katy has schools in Ft. Bend county does she have the authority to do that?
schmendeler
AG
does this postpone the online learning component as well? or just the in-person schooling portion?
LostInLA07
AG
Just in person
Jackal99
AG
Does she care?
AgLiving06
What's disgusting is that the media have allowed them to change the narrative.

First is was 15 days to stop the spread so we could "bend the curve."

Now that we've done that, our overlords have changed to "crush the curve" which means they continue to exert dictatorial power over us.

Only plus side is Religious Private schools should do great this year and hopefully it opens people's eyes to just how poor public education is.
chimpanzee
CreakinDeacon said:

Dora gonna Dora...

In person schools have no impact on spread or curve. Stupid bumper sticker logic.
LostInLA07
AG
Better enroll in religious private schools ASAP. Parents
should be given vouchers paid for by funding diverted from public schools not open for in person learning.

Thus, as protected by the First Amendment and Texas law, religious private schools may continue to determine when it is safe for their communities to resume in-person instruction free from any government mandate or interference. Religious private schools therefore need not comply with local public health orders to the contrary.
CFTXAG10
AG
Complete disregard for the mental health and overall well being of so many children, especially in HISD
J. Walter Weatherman
"We are all desperate to move on from this crisis." There is zero percent chance that's true for her.
chjoak
AG
A) Does she really have the power to do that? My understanding is that the county has no jurisdiction over an ISD as there are several ISDs in the state that cross county lines.

B) Haven't pretty much all ISDs in the area already opted to push back to 9/8 or later anyway?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I think they can control them by controlling their permitted occupancy.
BohunkAg
AG
chjoak said:

A) Does she really have the power to do that? My understanding is that the county has no jurisdiction over an ISD as there are several ISDs in the state that cross county lines.

B) Haven't pretty much all ISDs in the area already opted to push back to 9/8 or later anyway?

She's not over the health dept. it's supposed to be independent of county govt. She is just taking credit for it.
gougler08
AG
chjoak said:

Yeah I think most schools have basically done this outside of maybe Humble and Kingwood, so this is just Dora making sure people know she did it and virtue signaling
bearkatag15
AG
Katy already decided to do online only until Sept 8 anyway so they will be following the order anyway
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
LostInLA07
AG
Most private schools did not switch to virtual learning so this will definitely impact non religious private schools.
Diggity
AG
most? I haven't heard of any that didn't. I'm sure there were some that didn't but can't imagine it was the majority.
LostInLA07
AG
I meant for the upcoming school year.
Diggity
AG
got it
cab559
AG
Well we are SBISD yet my wife had a call with a private school (religious) admissions counselor this morning that has availability and is on track to start mid August. Obviously a lot can change between now and then.

But kids going into 3rd and kinder. Pretty tempting as my oldest realllly needs to go back to school.
BohunkAg
AG
I thought this was funny...."the community pressure's on"

T Durden
AG
Where and when is the protest against this order? I'm ready to go march.
cwpaggie07
AG
BohunkAg said:

That didn't take long. People trying to pressure my kids school to close can get bent. I hope they don't cave.
wessimo
AG
Graph updated. The down slope looks perfectly perfect. Nobody better say otherwise or they are a big fat Karen.

Bondag
AG
wessimo said:

Graph updated. The down slope looks perfectly perfect. Nobody better say otherwise or they are a big fat Karen.

That curve is flatter than OPs wife.
JYDog90
AG
cab559 said:

Well we are SBISD yet my wife had a call with a private school (religious) admissions counselor this morning that has availability and is on track to start mid August. Obviously a lot can change between now and then.

But kids going into 3rd and kinder. Pretty tempting as my oldest realllly needs to go back to school.
our religious school in Spring is good to go to resume in person classes on Aug 24th!
TXTransplant
Most recent letter from the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston says that they "hope that all schools will be supporting face to face instruction by Sept 8", so that option is out.
cone
AG
why the thin skin
Marvin_Zindler
AG
BohunkAg said:

Miya Shay is a dog sh*t "journalist."
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

Most recent letter from the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston says that they "hope that all schools will be supporting face to face instruction by Sept 8", so that option is out.
Seems to me they are leaving it up to the school

https://ec-prod-site-cache.s3.amazonaws.com/static/choosecatholicschools.org/documents/2020/7/July321732letter32to32communities.docx.pdf
cwpaggie07
AG
TXTransplant said:

My daughters school is Catholic and set to open Aug 18th. I have yet to hear anything otherwise.
TXTransplant
BohunkAg said:

TXTransplant said:

Seems to me they are leaving it up to the school

https://ec-prod-site-cache.s3.amazonaws.com/static/choosecatholicschools.org/documents/2020/7/July321732letter32to32communities.docx.pdf

I read paragraph three as that they are not expecting all schools to open on day 1

" School leaders have the ability to make site based decisions about their first day of school, and that date
for most of our schools will be on or around the week of August 13th. It is our hope that all schools will be
supporting face to face instruction by September 8th.
For schools that are able, a remote learning option
is being made available to parents that are more comfortable with their students learning from home."
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.