Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,494,082 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well now, glad this statement has been made. Spotted on Facebook.

lunchbox
Houston ISD closed tomorrow. Was just announced at the board meeting. Rest of the announcement of closure coming soon.
lunchbox
Ciboag96
Shife said:

Well now, glad this statement has been made. Spotted on Facebook.

And people believe it. Makes ya think....
Teddy Perkins
AG
lunchbox said:

19 day Spring Break.
Premium
AG
jh0400 said:

My company sent out a note this morning that we're work from home with severe travel restrictions that require C-level approval through Good Friday.

Location, industry, size of company?
Teddy Perkins
AG
Quote:

Our son called us this afternoon and said they told office to go home and WFH until further notice. Evidently , an employee who has experienced symptoms was notified today they tested positive. Downtown Houston
Post over on the forum 16 Corona thread (page 437) saying someone that works downtown has tested positive. Hasn't yet identified the building or company.
TXTransplant
My teenager has been gone all week, so there is little food in the house. I figured I'd better stock up since he'll be home at least a week.

Went to the pet store and Trader Joe's first. TJ's wasn't too bad. They were low on some meat and missing some frozen veggies. There were almost no fresh veggies, but plenty of milk bread and eggs. Two people there told me H-E-B was a sh*t show, though. As in people fighting in the aisles chaos.

I was still missing a few things, so against my better judgement, I went to H-E-B. Parking lot was completely packed. Every checkout line was 5-6 people deep. Only the crap/generic cereal, no eggs, very little milk and other dairy, no frozen vegetables. They had a sh*t ton of asparagus, though (on sale). Guess no one likes that.

I had about 15 items. Most people had their carts overflowing.

The staff was amazing and the checkers and baggers were getting people through pretty quickly. I grew up on the MS Gulf Coast and never seen any hurricane prepping like I saw today. I've just got to hope 5 double rolls of toilet paper can get us through this crisis, because that's been gone since last weekend.
Ags #1
AG
What is forum 16?
Ciboag96
No one can wash their ass in a bathtub or shower, I guess? The great depression generation would rightly call all of us beyond weak.
Teddy Perkins
AG
https://texags.com/forums/16/
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3090341/replies/56157901
Liquid Wrench
Ciboag96 said:

No one can wash their ass in a bathtub or shower, I guess? The great depression generation would rightly call all of us beyond weak.

Have people never gone camping before? Sometimes you improvise.
Cromagnum
AG
Looking like I'll be working from home but on the emergency crew for work. T&P. LOL
TXTransplant
Ciboag96 said:

Guess not. No one can drink tap water, either. I'm equally as confounded by that.
jh0400
AG
Downtown, software, 1,200 employees globally, 600 in HQ
Al Bula
AG
If you haven't been looking for a legit reason to do the waffle stomp, you're a GD liar.
AgLiving06
My boss told me to prepare to work from home the next two weeks. We expect the announcement to come out tomorrow.

For reference: Oil and gas, downtown, thousands of employees
Motis B Totis
AG
Ya This is what I always imagined trying to work from home

Anti-taxxer
AG
Ags #1 said:

What is forum 16?

Politics board
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Paw Patrol is cancelled.

And if any one of them is pegging Everest it is Rubble.
jetch17
AG
We all got the WFH email today until further notice
Ciboag96
Traffic next week will be delightful
JYDog90
AG
The genius company my wife works for had the opposite email sent to her today. Her customers are in Charlotte, Philly, and Knoxville. The sales team was told they must make face to face visits to each of their customers WEEKLY.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll admit I just spent more than a minute thinking through the possibilities.

My money is on Zuma FWIW.
Koldus131
AG
Willy Wonka said:

The genius company my wife works for had the opposite email sent to her today. Her customers are in Charlotte, Philly, and Knoxville. The sales team was told they must make face to face visits to each of their customers WEEKLY.

Wonder what they're going to tell them when flights are shut down in the next week.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Willy Wonka said:

Will customers even accept vendors currently? All of mine told me see ya this summer.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Motis B Totis said:

Ya This is what I always imagined trying to work from home

I've worked from home for 7.5yrs and can confirm this accuracy.
JYDog90
AG
It's so freaking indicative of that tone deaf bunch. These are tough times, and the solution is personal contact!

She had a laugh with her customer in Charlotte today. He said, "yeah well I have to have VP approval for every meeting with someone outside the company for the next month."
Post removed:
by user
Zemira
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Willy Wonka said:

Will customers even accept vendors currently? All of mine told me see ya this summer.
I'm in a small office and we rarely get visitors. We generally lock the front door at lunchtime to keep people out because that's how small we are. I'm anticipating if this goes on for a while we will keep the door locked and everyone will have to knock to enter.

Right now my office is near the reception area so I hear who comes in regularly. Outside of employees that are out in the field, the only person who regularly comes is the UPS guy twice a day. Next is the office supply delivery guy once or twice a week. So realistically as long as we keep a six foot distance from the deliveries I think we should be okay there.

If we had a lot of vendors visiting I would think that would stop, but we just don't get many outside people in the office thankfully. So I anticipate no visitors to the offices that remain open to go into effect soon.
Premium
AG
Zemira said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Willy Wonka said:

I'm in a small office and we rarely get visitors. We generally lock the front door at lunchtime to keep people out because that's how small we are. I'm anticipating if this goes on for a while we will keep the door locked and everyone will have to knock to enter.

Right now my office is near the reception area so I hear who comes in regularly. Outside of employees that are out in the field, the only person who regularly comes is the UPS guy twice a day. Next is the office supply delivery guy once or twice a week. So realistically as long as we keep a six foot distance from the deliveries I think we should be okay there.

If we had a lot of vendors visiting I would think that would stop, but we just don't get many outside people in the office thankfully. So I anticipate no visitors to the offices that remain open to go into effect soon.

You sound like my office. We're spending the next few days (including weekend) prepping everyone to work from home; my call.

Immune compromised and elderly is the main reason - we have many of them. Schools closing, all events closing, church closing... etc. plus we work easily over the internet in all sales and service aspects.

It is what it is... but I imagine we will be better off getting set up now for the next 2-3 weeks.
Fitch
AG
The thing I'm concerned / confused about is this hasn't been a "couple of weeks" thing for China. It's been happening since December, and a vaccine is probably 12 months out. These measures are meant to respond immediately, but they only work if they're continuous until there's herd immunity.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I'll admit I just spent more than a minute thinking through the possibilities.

My money is on Zuma FWIW.

The correct answer is all of them are banging that ****.

Even Ryder :P
Jack Cheese
AG
Fitch said:

The thing I'm concerned / confused about is this hasn't been a "couple of weeks" thing for China. It's been happening since December, and a vaccine is probably 12 months out. These measures are meant to respond immediately, but they only work if they're continuous until there's herd immunity.

Just need drastic measures until the cases peak and start slowing.
Pahdz
IrishTxAggie said:

Willy Wonka said:

I've got so many guys that were at ConExpo this week (which I can't believe they still held) and I'm not going to see them in person for at least two weeks.
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.