Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,304 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's reporting a study. You can look into the study itself.
BohunkAg
AG
schmendeler said:

It's reporting a study. You can look into the study itself.
I could, but I'm lazy as hell.
BowSowy
AG
Anyone know what time Abbott is going to lock us in our homes today?
LostInLA07
AG
Must not be today because he likes to impose things by noon on the same day of the announcement
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
Great news! No new deaths to report today!

cone
AG
calm before the storm?
Nitro Power
AG
Couple of weeks and deaths are going exponential...there is a lag
aTm2004
AG
2 more weeks and we'll see the July 4th surge.
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
There was a doctor on Tucker a month or so ago who was talking about how viruses tend to mutate to be less deadly over time because killing their host kills them, so they mutate to allow themselves to survive by allowing their hosts to survive. I wonder is we're seeing that with this.
lancevance
With only 936 new cases, that is a huge decline. Covid in Houston may be solved finally.
aTm2004
AG
Funny how cases drop 4 weeks out from a huge protest and funeral.
Post removed:
by user
AgLiving06
SoupNazi2001 said:

This pandemic has taught me the majority of the population including the media are terrible about math and statistics or their bias prevents them from being logical. With the huge increases we have seen in daily cases for weeks if there was a strong positive correlation to deaths then deaths would not have really slowed down or declined much at all. The wait 2 weeks argument on death increases is a bunch of crap.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are/were basing their reasoning on what happened in New York.

If you look at Worldometer, case count spikes were followed pretty quickly by death and so the correlation was observed.

However, what with the ramp up in testing, I think we are finding that the correlation falls apart as the more milder cases are identified.

What I think we are really seeing is just how bad NY got hit.

When they reported 10k cases in a day, that might translate to 20k -50k who would test positive in today's world where many more milder cases are being caught.

Of course we also know that Coumo let this thing devastate the nursing homes, whereas everyone is protecting them right now.
Post removed:
by user
BohunkAg
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Protests were 2-4 weeks ago. Cases will start topping out naturally soon and our Governor and others will say it was the mask mandate that made the difference so we might as well keep wearing them.
I was thinking that too
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I honestly don't give a crap who gets credit for stopping the nonsense. Just get done with it and give me back my Astros. And don't even think of ****ing up college football.
terradactylexpress
lancevance said:

With only 936 new cases, that is a huge decline. Covid in Houston may be solved finally.

Need another few days of this, most of the testing sites were closed 3rd and 4th
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Just got a notice about the schedules being released tonight for MLB. Time to see how bad Rangers/Astros fans are going to get hosed on 9 PM start times.
lunchbox
Ranger #007 said:

Just got a notice about the schedules being released tonight for MLB. Time to see how bad Rangers/Astros fans are going to get hosed on 9 PM start times.
Starting to leak out

CowtownAg06
AG
Nm.... was in the tweet above.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Other than closing out the season, why would we give a crap when the Stros play the Rangers?
drumboy
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

Other than closing out the season, why would we give a crap when the Stros play the Rangers?
Division game with a Dallas team...no big deal.
gougler08
AG
Ranger #007 said:

Nothing later than an 8:10 start
cap-n-jack
https://abc13.com/health/mayor-threatens-to-shut-down-gop-convention-over-covid-19/6302602/

"To the extent that any of these measures are not adhered to and adhered to in the strictest of terms then the health inspectors will have the authority to immediately close the convention at that point," the mayor said.

Jackbooted thugs.
T Durden
AG
Virtual riots should have been promoted in various cities....
AgLiving06
cap-n-jack said:

https://abc13.com/health/mayor-threatens-to-shut-down-gop-convention-over-covid-19/6302602/

"To the extent that any of these measures are not adhered to and adhered to in the strictest of terms then the health inspectors will have the authority to immediately close the convention at that point," the mayor said.

Jackbooted thugs.

Just call it a protest. Those aren't issues.
BarryProfit
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
BarryProfit said:

What could have caused that peak in Houston?
cone
AG
little early to be spiking the football
aTm2004
AG
Protests are down...I think we're OK to spike it.
BarryProfit
cone said:

little early to be spiking the football

Agreed, was surprised to see this number and wasn't sure it was accurate. If so I'm hopeful though.
ChampagneAg
AG
Or a Na..., I mean Trump rally
Fitch
AG
About 400-500 back logged test results and a holiday weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 186 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.