Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,886 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXTransplant said:

Sure wish an "official" would announce that my jury duty on Friday is cancelled.
Turner said everything sponsored by COH is cancelled for next 7 days. I take that to mean my jury duty next Tuesday is cancelled.

Mine may be county, but he said the judge was on the same page as him, she just isn't allowed to talk.

txags92
AG
I think at this point, anybody with a wallet or bank account to protect is going to cancel their events or get togethers. Now that so many have done it, it will become WAY too easy for somebody who got infected to sue an event organizer, saying "everybody else took the prudent step and cancelled their events, but you didn't and you also didn't provide any screening of attendees that might have prevented my client from becoming infected".
jschroeder
Has anybody said specifically that the livestock show, specifically the steer show, part is shut down as well?
dragmagpuff
AG
combat wombat said:

Cancel Everything

From the same author: The Extraordinary Decisions Facing Italian Doctors
wessimo
AG
Declaring a public health emergency seems pretty strong.

HISD shutting down also?
TXTransplant
Bondag said:

TXTransplant said:

Sure wish an "official" would announce that my jury duty on Friday is cancelled.
Turner said everything sponsored by COH is cancelled for next 7 days. I take that to mean my jury duty next Tuesday is cancelled.

Mine may be county, but he said the judge was on the same page as him, she just isn't allowed to talk.

Just logged in. I can't reschedule again, but I signed up for email alerts (you can also do text alerts). I should get a message if "weather or other related events would affect scheduled jury services".
TXTransplant
txags92 said:

I think at this point, anybody with a wallet or bank account to protect is going to cancel their events or get togethers. Now that so many have done it, it will become WAY too easy for somebody who got infected to sue an event organizer, saying "everybody else took the prudent step and cancelled their events, but you didn't and you also didn't provide any screening of attendees that might have prevented my client from becoming infected".

Yeah, I realize that's (unfortunately) the point we've reached. Realized it yesterday when I saw a story that a United flight had to divert because one passenger sneezed and several others lost their minds over it.

I'm supposed to go to a concert at the Hobby Center tonight, and I wouldn't be shocked if I get an email that's cancelled, too.
tk for tu juan
https://www.click2houston.com/decision-2020/2020/03/06/mayor-sylvester-turner-changes-his-endorsement-to-joe-biden
aTm2004
AG
**** it, let's just cancel everything.

Cancel driving
Close all malls
Close all grocery stores
Close the Galleria
Close all city offices
Close the DMV
Close it all. Why take a chance? I mean, it's not like just being alive and living your life comes with assumed risk.
aTm2004
AG
tk for tu juan said:

https://www.click2houston.com/decision-2020/2020/03/06/mayor-sylvester-turner-changes-his-endorsement-to-joe-biden
The only thing that would surprise me more than that would be finding out SJL got into Yale because of affirmative action.
combat wombat™
AG
dragmagpuff said:

combat wombat said:

Cancel Everything

From the same author: The Extraordinary Decisions Facing Italian Doctors
YIKES. Understand the need to triage and allocate resources. However, I would hate to have to make those choices. I think this is a wise move, unpopular as it is.
TexAg2001
AG
Well, they sure screwed up the canceling of the Rodeo. Should have done it last night. Instead, they waited until people already paid for parking, paid to get into the rodeo grounds, paid for ride tickets, etc, and then abruptly stop all activities.
combat wombat™
AG
TexAg2001 said:

Well, they sure screwed up the canceling of the Rodeo. Should have done it last night. Instead, they waited until people already paid for parking, paid to get into the rodeo grounds, paid for ride tickets, etc, and then abruptly stop all activities.
The city forced them to close. Pulled permits. HLSR would not have cancelled left to their own devices.

Just read on another thread that the guy in Montgomery County who has tested positive for Covid-19 went to the HLSR cookoff.
TexAg2001
AG
combat wombat said:

TexAg2001 said:

The city forced them to close. Pulled permits. HLSR would not have cancelled left to their own devices.

Just read on another thread that the guy in Montgomery County who has tested positive for Covid-19 went to the HLSR cookoff.
Agree...The city is who screwed this up, but that's par for the course with the current administration
CoachRTM
AG
I was at the rodeo last night. Glad we went when we did.

(zero chance of this post coming back and biting me later)
CFTXAG10
AG
Unemployed
AG
aTm2004 said:

**** it, let's just cancel everything.

Cancel driving
Close all malls
Close all grocery stores
Close the Galleria
Close all city offices
Close the DMV
Close it all. Why take a chance? I mean, it's not like just being alive and living your life comes with assumed risk.
You're as much as a drama queen as those you're criticizing.

Relax, bro.
Cromagnum
AG
Quote:

No source. No believe.
CFTXAG10
AG
Cromagnum said:

Quote:

No source. No believe.
Turner and Hidalgo both said it on the live press conference. They said he was at cook-off on Feb. 28th but it wasn't clear if he had any symptoms at the time or if it came sometime after.
IrishTxAggie
AG
CoachRTM said:

I was at the rodeo last night. Glad we went when we did.

(zero chance of this post coming back and biting me later)
Teddy Perkins
AG
Cromagnum said:

Quote:

No source. No believe.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/health-science/coronavirus/2020/03/11/363417/houston-rodeo-cancels-remaining-dates-amid-coronavirus-health-emergency/

Quote:

Quote:
Turner added that one of the unidentified people diagnosed with the coronavirus had attended the rodeo barbecue cookoff on Feb. 28, but it was not immediately clear if he had symptoms of the virus at the time. Health officials were trying to reach anyone the man may have had contact with
aggiepaintrain
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

RIP Rodeo
FJB
CFTXAG10
AG
I love the lady they interviewed on KPRC. Obviously upset because she had just purchased carnival tickets for her grand kids. She said "I'm not leaving here until I get my $100". Reporter asks, "What will you do with them now that the carnival is cancelled?." Without missing a beat: "I'll probably take them to Main Event"

Cancelling the rodeo isn't going to keep people at home on Spring Break.
IrishTxAggie
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

aggiepaintrain said:

RIP Rodeo

Hurry!! What's the market going to do tomorrow?? Gap up or down?
cone
AG
how long after spring break will HISD be closed?
aggiepaintrain
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

aggiepaintrain said:

aggiepaintrain said:

RIP Rodeo

Hurry!! What's the market going to do tomorrow?? Gap up or down?
up
FJB
aTm2004
AG
Exactly. This isn't changing anything.
CFTXAG10
AG
pasquale
AG
Apparently all the rides are free until end of day at Rodeo carnival
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some sort of disaster in or near Houston ...

Let's check up on Osteen and see what he is or isn't doing.

Lol.
jh0400
AG
I'm 99% sure my company is going completely remote for the foreseeable future with a total ban on all business travel, domestic and international, for all offices globally.
txags92
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Locking the doors on the church most likely...either that or counting his money again.
IrishTxAggie
AG
txags92 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Locking the doors on the church most likely...either that or counting his money again.

He only closes during floods
BoxingAg84
Lakewood generates $1M every weekend after services conclude. Of course Joel isn't shutting down.
aTm2004
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.