Houston
Sponsored by

Moving Company Recommendations

2,537 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agz win
MSL Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family and I will be moving from Pearland to Cypress in July for a new job, anyone have recommendations/good experiences with certain companies? We currently live in a 3 bed/2 bath house to give you an idea of the amount of stuff we have. We would need to buy boxes and would like to possibly have our kitchen packed for us as well. Any thoughts are appreciated!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aTm2004
AG
We used Firefighter's Finest when we moved a couple of years ago and don't have anything bad to say about them. They were a bit higher than all of the other places we called, but they sent 4 guys out vs 3 at the others, which I felt was a huge difference maker and well worth the additional cost. Not sure about packing up your kitchen though. They will break down furniture and put it back together.
MAS444
AG
Interested in this as well. And what's the average cost for a local house to house move?
shihitemuslim
AG
I have always used Joe Ramirez from Three Men Movers.

For my new house, I used Guillermo Arrendondo. He was used throughout the whole construction process cleaning and moving stuff. They had to move some furniture into my house by not a lot. If you have some furniture that can be loaded up on trucks, he is probably the guy to use. Guillermo takes care of my stuff and is very careful. 281-854-4314. I really like him and his crew and they are always smiling.

I like Joe Ramirez too, but three men movers take a cut of his pay.

My guess, it will probably run you around $500 or less to move the houses that are described. I would ask for an estimate beforehand.
HtownWilly12
DO NOT USE AB MOVING. They left me high and dry, never showed, and when I went back looking for a resolution they offered a $50 moving certificate. Plenty of others offer as much in the weekly mail. They were unapologetic and because I paid nothing upfront they 'moved' on. I told them I would rather take every opportunity to bad mouth them on any possible platform so I will screenshot this and forward to them.
aTm2004
AG
$500 or less? Uhh...OP, you better get more aligned with actual mover costs and be prepared to pay between $1000-1500 unless you want to be there alongside them loading and unloading. If anyone quotes you $500 for a 3 man team to move a 3 bedroom house ~50 miles across Houston, run. They're going to show up with an old Ryder truck that's hit a tree limb along with a couple of day laborers from Home Depot.

We had a 3/2.5 house that we moved maybe 5 miles down the road and I want to say we paid around $1600 when it was all said and done. We threw in a few hundred as well for tip and I bought some pizzas and Gatorades for them for lunch. You think you have things packed and ready, but you'll be surprised just how much stuff you have and how much stuff you'll still need to do. At no time did I feel any of those guys were loafing. 1 guy was going around getting an idea of what to load next, 2 guys were moving the boxes/Furniture (sometimes took all 4) from the house to the truck, and 1 guy was in the truck arranging/securing things. Took them about 4 hours to load the truck and about the same to unload and set up (have to take into account they're tired at this point). The only time more than 1 took a break was when I brought lunch and we all sat around for about half an hour to eat. Other than that, never less than 3 guys going at the same time.
Pedro Cerano
AG
Three Men Movers.

Moved a 3/2 into an apartment/storage unit combo in August for $1,200. That was the third time in the last 13 years I've used Three Men Movers and I've always been satisfied.

Make sure you have everything packed ahead of time so that they can be as efficient as possible.
Diggity
AG
how far was the move? I'll be doing something similar in the next few months.
Pedro Cerano
AG
House to apartment was about 2 miles. But they had to also drop 2/3 of the stuff at a climate controlled storage unit on the 2nd floor that was between the house and apartment.

I thought $1,200 was fair for everything they had to do. That didn't include the tip I gave them.
Sazerac
AG
3 Men Movers
used them every time.
Last was in August moving 2 houses into one (all within 10 min drive of each other).
$1087 w/ tip
drumboy
AG
3 Men Movers moved us from Spring Branch to the Heights and it was around $900 for a small 3/2. That drive time is going to cost you.

They had to send 4 dudes since we had a large item and it cost an extra $50/hr.
shihitemuslim
AG
I've never had much to move. I would say everything is hourly. 3 men cost more than 2 men. The move location is shorter. I paid $500 for a three bed room but there wasn't much we needed to move. Recently I had a mattress and some bikes I had moved which cost me $200 using Mr. Guilleremo Arrendando and his crew. He sent 5 people to do that with two trucks. So its all relative. If its short distance, it may be cheaper to use Guilleremo Arrendando. I used Three Men Movers in the past and asked for Joe Ramirez each time.
mm98
AG
Another for 3 Men Movers.

OP - i used to work in the moving business for one summer and you don't want to trust anyone who quotes you a $500 estimate moving 3/2 worth of stuff.

You're probably looking around $1200, no including tip.

ensign_beedrill
AG
I used Moving Interiors a few years ago. Very communicative and professional. Arrived on time and were very, very quick. Reasonably priced. I highly recommend.

http://movinginteriorshouston.com/
aTm2004
AG
Wasn't much. Most 3/2 houses will have 3 beds with dressers, couch(s), entertainment centers, electronics, kitchen table, appliances, etc. Not including boxes and possible outdoor furniture.
Ragoo
AG
Pedro Cerano said:

House to apartment was about 2 miles. But they had to also drop 2/3 of the stuff at a climate controlled storage unit on the 2nd floor that was between the house and apartment.

I thought $1,200 was fair for everything they had to do. That didn't include the tip I gave them.
we did the same with 3MM and total was about $750. Used them again to move from apartment to new house and it was a little more. We did a lot of boxing and moving clutter to storage to list our house so we had them move those boxes in the new house. Took a little longer is all.
Pedro Cerano
AG
We'll be moving again from the apartment/storage unit back into the house in about a month. 2/3rds of our stuff never came out of the boxes at the storage unit, so I'm hoping this move is at least a bit cheaper. I can update with pricing to go the other direction then!
MSL Ag
AG
Thanks everyone for your responses!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MSL Ag
AG
Bump for any more suggestions.
Post removed:
by user
RaeBooth
Thanks for recommendations here. I'll save them too, because I had different experience with movers. From my part, I can recommend expomovers. I addressed them just one time but I can definitely recommend the company for others. That was not the first moving in my life but I was really satisfied with their service. Do guys were quick, they packed everything carefully, they didn't break or lose anything, which I really appreciate.
rayneag
AG
We were affected by Harvey and used 3 Man Movers and have used them multiple times for small jobs sense. Excellent service very clean and fast never an issue.
Nitro Power
AG
We used 3 men movers in October. 2800 sqft house, done in about 5 hours. Efficient and nothing damaged. Highly recommend.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
agz win
AG
3 Men Movers have cheaper rates on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and get the morning time slot. Recently used them again to move storage units out of Houston and coordinated all via phone while at the destination point. Satisfied repeat customer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.