Houston
Sponsored by

energy ogre

30,039 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chewy
2nd Generation Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HtxAg09,

Thanks for speaking up for us. Everything at Energy Ogre is automated. There is nothing 'Lazy" about it. We are a technology company.

There is no one currently that can get lower rates than we can. We have custom rates that are below the market.

Remember we can only get the lowest rate at the time of enrollment. Rates can change day to day or month to month depending on market supply and demand. We are seeing some softening in the market which will be good news for all of us going forward.
Post removed:
by user
Mr.Bond
AG
Signed up yesterday
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ragoo
AG
Selling house next week, moving to an apartment this week and finally our new house late September. Sent EO a note with the apartment address, unit number, and lease date. They handled all of the paperwork behind the scenes. They offer a fantastic service for $10 a month.
2nd Generation Ag
Just an FYI for everyone signing up you are going to see a formal announcement of a partnership between Energy Ogre and Jimbo's foundation Kidz1stFund. We are going to help them raise money for his son and all the other kids with Fanconi Anemia.

I know a couple of people just signed up. and if you are already a member I will also add the code. If you send an email to Kidz1stFund@energyogre.com with your name and address I will add the code "JIMBO" which will give you a free month and part of the fee you pay us we will give back to his foundation. They are so close to a cure that we can make this happen.

Thank you for all of your support! If you have any questions send an email to Kidz1stFund@energyogre.com

Mike

SJEAg
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

Just an FYI for everyone signing up you are going to see a formal announcement of a partnership between Energy Ogre and Jimbo's foundation Kidz1stFund. We are going to help them raise money for his son and all the other kids with Fanconi Anemia.

I know a couple of people just signed up. and if you are already a member I will also add the code. If you send an email to Kidz1stFund@energyogre.com with your name and address I will add the code "JIMBO" which will give you a free month and part of the fee you pay us we will give back to his foundation. They are so close to a cure that we can make this happen.

Thank you for all of your support! If you have any questions send an email to Kidz1stFund@energyogre.com

Mike

Nice!! Emailing now.

Advertise that on Premium and you'll probably get a lot of subscribers.
Aggie09Derek
AG
How much is "part of the fee"?
Ragoo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

How much is "part of the fee"?
$1>$0, does it really matter? They could do nothing.
Aggie09Derek
AG
It does matter. $2>$1.

Good bull for sure though no matter what.

Would you be cool with them doing $0.01 but getting the pub from it?
Ragoo
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

It does matter. $2>$1.

Good bull for sure though no matter what.

Would you be cool with them doing $0.01 but getting the pub from it?

$0.01 wouldn't be worth either organization's time, so I reject the hyperbole.
abacavir
Abitaholic said:

Just signed up. Crazy easy process. Cancelled my current plan (Gexa) and out me in a much cheaper plan that wasn't even listed on power to choose. It's estimated my savings to be over $100 / month. Great value for $120 per year. Highly recommend.
Power to Choose is not the best site to research h not sure why you need to pay Energy Ogre to know this.
Mr.Bond
AG
abacavir said:

Abitaholic said:

Just signed up. Crazy easy process. Cancelled my current plan (Gexa) and out me in a much cheaper plan that wasn't even listed on power to choose. It's estimated my savings to be over $100 / month. Great value for $120 per year. Highly recommend.
Power to Choose is not the best site to research h not sure why you need to pay Energy Ogre to know this.

Que
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

chico
AG
I just got my 1st bill from Ogre's provider. It's probably about 20% cheaper than what I was paying. Well worth the $10/month that they charge. I'll be saving much more at this rate.
mt3950
AG
Just signed up as well.
Azariah
AG
htxag09 said:

Azariah said:

I left Energy Ogre years ago because they got lazy and started getting me only good deals rather than the great deals I wanted. I switched to Texas Power Agents, a small shop run by an Aggie out of Kingwood. They have aggressively saved me much more money on electricity than Energy Ogre ever did. What used to be a $250-$300 summer bill is now in the $125-$175 range.

I am curious about Griddy, though.
I'm not arguing that you are getting better deals now. But what do you mean by "they got lazy"?

It's not like people are calling every provider out there to get you the best deal. I'd imagine, for the most part, they have algorithms in place that are finding the best deals. If you get a better deal elsewhere, it's because their algorithms are off or need updating, not because they're lazy.
It was 100% a feeling. When I started with EO they were replicating my own work on P2C pretty well, and I'd been working my butt off to find the best deals. After awhile, though, it just felt off. My bills started creeping up. They kept me with providers that seemed to be raising rates. I was able to find better deals on powertochoose. It may have been algorithms, but their algorithms weren't hustling on my behalf. I got ok deals, not the exceptional deals that I was getting at the start. Switching to TPA has made it even more obvious that Energy Ogre wasn't doing me right. My electricity bills were instantly slashed by large percentages. Twice I've paid the fee to break a contract because TPA found some stupidly good deal that made it worth it.
Azariah
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

HtxAg09,

Thanks for speaking up for us. Everything at Energy Ogre is automated. There is nothing 'Lazy" about it. We are a technology company.

There is no one currently that can get lower rates than we can. We have custom rates that are below the market.

Remember we can only get the lowest rate at the time of enrollment. Rates can change day to day or month to month depending on market supply and demand. We are seeing some softening in the market which will be good news for all of us going forward.
If this is true, then something has changed from when I left a year ago. Through EO my bills were... fine. I wasn't paying dumb non-contract rates, but the bills were creaping up. If you've gotten better, then great. I left your service about a year ago because it wasn't good.
Azariah
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

Mike

I honestly didn't intentionally come in here to be ornery, but if you can afford to donate a bunch of money to charity then you're not getting me the best deal possible. I would rather donate my own nickels and pay less for electricity than pay someone extra to bundle it in with my total electricity costs.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I dont think you get it. They're not selling you anything but their service to find you electricity. They're not selling the electricity. Its 10 bucks.
Mr.Bond
AG
Point to the doll where energy ogre touched you

sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
I looked into EO after reading this thread back in June and signed up after they did my analysis showing that I would save over $800/yr. Super easy process as they took care of all the process. Just got my first full months use bill with new provider and saved over $100 the first month. I always shopped PTC but EO found providers that don't show up on PTC website and because I hate worrying about all this ****, I got better things to do.
lb3
AG
Zobel
AG
That happened to me when my credit card expired. I forgot to update them.
swimmerbabe11
Your cc expired. Which reminds me, I need to do that too.
SJEAg
AG
Feature request - EO should create some sort of notification system on expired CCs.
lb3
AG
South Platte
lb3 said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Your cc expired. Which reminds me, I need to do that too.
My credit card is still good. I haven't paid the bills because I'm not sure why I was getting them b/c I had auto pay established. My lights are still on but I'm paying Ogre to manage these things and their customer service is atrocious.
I've had good experience with their customer service, although I haven't had to resolve problems. They answered some questions for me.

Could I find a similar rate on my own? Possibly, but I might also screw it up and get stuck with a bad contract. I signed up with them in November 2018 and have saved a total amount of $800 over the past 8 months.
RK
AG
signed up with them today. messed up something in the process and they were polite and prompt in resolving it over the phone.
kyle field 94
AG
Can you tell us what rate you got today, what city you live in, how long is that rate for, and approx monthly usage?

I am not asking for the company that you signed up with , just more curious as to what the rate is since they can claim to get rates that are not available to the general public
case04
AG
Texags does it again... moved to Cypress last month and signed up with EO. Don't mind paying the $10 to completely take this off my plate.
swimmerbabe11
If anyone wants to start, my referral code is 11LOP
LostInLA07
AG
I've had two REPs go out of business with Energy Ogre (EO moved me to a new provider before I was switched to the provider of last resort.) I think REPs going out of business means I got a good deal vs wholesale pricing.

Also, REPs aren't buying on the spot market are they?
CowtownAg06
AG
Most have hedge programs dictated by their financing. Doesn't mean they stick to it or manage all their risk. Yes they have spot exposure at times.
2nd Generation Ag
Energy Ogre is raising money for Jimbo's foundation Kidz1stFund Fund.

Use the code "Jimbo" for a free month. Part of your $10 fee will go to his foundation Kidz1stFund .If you have any questions email us at Kidz1stFund @energyogre.com.

If you already signed up email your name and address and I will add the code.
T Durden
AG
Even if I signed up about a year ago?
Mr.Bond
AG
Pm sent

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.