Houston
Sponsored by

energy ogre

29,952 Views | 178 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Chewy
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.texaspoweragents.com/contact-us.html
Chewy
AG
I too had an issue with Energy Ogre. I had a house in Fort Worth that my tenants moved and I decided to sell. I called Energy Ogre and told them that I needed a plan that was flexible on termination since when the property was sold I wouldn't be paying for electricity.

Well, they put me on a 12 month plan so when I sold the house a few months later I had to pay a $150 cancellation fee since I wasn't moving. The EO customer service was TERRIBLE as they blamed me for contacting the provider directly when they weren't responsive to why I got a cancellation notice.

I think if you're staying in the same place and don't want to shop Power to Choose every 6 to 12 months they're probably a good resource.

If you're expecting anything beyond that I don't think that's their model. Sounds like they're for the people that are lazy, stupid, or just don't have the time to review Power to Choose. That's probably a pretty decent market so they're pretty successful.
swimmerbabe11
I'm probably lazy and dumb.. but I've never had an issue and I've been through 3 moves. However, I don't ever talk to my providers ever. I pay them for that. Thats why they are there. I don't set up a log in. I dont call. I dont text. I dont email. If I get an email from my provider that is a concern, I forward it to energy ogre.
Ragoo
AG
Weird. I sold a house in aug 2019, move to an apartment on a 3 month lease but only lived there for two and moved into a new house October 1.

Told EO all of this and they made it all work so that I had power under contract at each move. No issues.
Chewy
AG
If you move and transfer it's no big deal.

If you sell and can't transfer that where it gets you apparently. But I made it clear to EO I was on a short term deal that needed to cancel at any time. They put me into a 12 month plan that cost me $150 in cancellations. I would have NEVER agreed to that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.